Transformers: The Movie to Air on YTV in May

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Transformers: The Movie to Air on YTV in May

Post by Bombshell »

In a press release uploaded on the Corus Entertainment website last Wendsday, the company announced several program highlights that would occur in the month of May on YTV. Included among them is the network premiere (at least to my knowledge) of both GI:Joe The Movie (On Friday, May 14th at 9pm) and Transformers The Movie (On Friday May 21st at 9pm and repeated on Saturday, May 22th at 4pm).

Hmm...I guess Energon isn't the only Transformer related program coming to YTV in the near future. And with the recent completion of the entire DVD release of the show, could the return of the classic G1 series be far behind?
Corvus Corax
Protoform

Post by Corvus Corax »

well one can hope so, would save me doing the the naughty stuff with my burners.. n'm

cool! movie on my b-day!

i'll have to remember the gi-joe one haven't seen it yet
The Celts do not fear death, for us it is only the path to the other land.

Optimus Prime: Laserbeak, you tinfoil turkey!

http://www.ceyllynn.com
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Corvus Corax
i'll have to remember the gi-joe one haven't seen it yet

Be sure not to miss it. Aside from the spectacular Statue of Liberty opening segment, that movie has some of the best dialogue you'll ever hear.

"I don't like that crazy sound, tell me man, what's going down?"
"Are you sure it's safe? Why, just thinkin' about Serpentor bein' locked up in here gives me goosebumps all over my body."
"Man said he had some errands to do. Go to the tailor, wallpaper his footlocker, weird stuff."

Best movie ever. In fact, I'm going to have to dig out my copy after being reminded of its awesomeness. :)
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

but what about the famous quote from TF:TM
"Aw ****, What are we gonna do now"- said by everyones favorite human, Spike Witwicky
Kriz
Protoform

Post by Kriz »

Since one of the airings for the TF movie is at 9pm, do you think they'll use the uncensored version? It is on YTV though...Then again, YTV played more mature animated programs such as Aeon Flux and The Maxx up until a few years ago, so anything shown in prime time might be fair game.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Kriz
Since one of the airings for the TF movie is at 9pm, do you think they'll use the uncensored version? It is on YTV though...Then again, YTV played more mature animated programs such as Aeon Flux and The Maxx up until a few years ago, so anything shown in prime time might be fair game.

They tend to let swearing get through on the movies they air if they are on later at night. Just not if it is excessive.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."