Hasbro Soundwave/Soundblaster reissue rumors, listings and images now in full color

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

RUMOR: Hasbro Soundwave reissue?

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

How are they going to get around the US toy safety regulations without retooling the mold? Seems too costly for hasbro to consider as an option.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

That sounds pretty cool. Perfection however would be to include EVERY Decepticon cassette, or as a separate purchase. I'd be ALL OVER THAT!!!
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

Soundwave would be cool and is cool, i have an original and both soundwave and soundblaster reissues, but would definitely look into another reissue but only if it came with rumble and frenzy. any news on possible artfire reissue?
join me on myspace!!!! http://www.myspace.com/jezzy_bravo

if you get chance check out my eBay auctions...... http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjezzy_bravoQQhtZ-1
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Ford DeceptiFocus
That sounds pretty cool. Perfection however would be to include EVERY Decepticon cassette, or as a separate purchase. I'd be ALL OVER THAT!!!

I think a boxed set reissue of the cassettes (Autobot and Decepticon alike) would be recieved pretty well. It's just that the reissue line has more or less run out of steam (both Takara and Hasbro), and there's always the question of whether or not the molds are suitable for re-use.

I'd certainly buy a set of the little buggers. They store quite neatly in a stack, and have the perfect dimensions to be carried around in a pocket or wallet for amusement on the go.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Clay
I'd certainly buy a set of the little buggers.

I'd only buy them if they included ALL of them. Including Garboil and the Other One. Anything else would SUCK. Yeah, SUCK. I can use capitals, because I'm a fanboy completist whore and Hasblow should do what I say.

LOLz0rs. :wall:

Or... y'know... not. :)

Flywheels reissue = ratings.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

One of the few G1 toys I really want, but not in a hurry to get one.
Originally posted by Brendocon
Flywheels reissue = ratings.
Completely off-topic.

You wouldn't care to write a review? I should be getting the jet part soon and could take the pictures. ;)

Would be nice to see also other long time members writing of their favourites toys. Or better yet most hated toys.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Osku
You wouldn't care to write a review?

Sounds a bit too much like effort to me.

I'm already 80% through about a dozen other site-related things.

Will "Flywheels - he's awesome" suffice as a review? I came up with the bloody review format, so I should be able to ignore it...
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Originally posted by Clay
I think a boxed set reissue of the cassettes (Autobot and Decepticon alike) would be recieved pretty well. It's just that the reissue line has more or less run out of steam (both Takara and Hasbro), and there's always the question of whether or not the molds are suitable for re-use.

I'd certainly buy a set of the little buggers. They store quite neatly in a stack, and have the perfect dimensions to be carried around in a pocket or wallet for amusement on the go.

I couldn't agree more. I even miss those Cassetticon combiners. The cassettes would make a perfect addition to my desk in my office. Or at least give my colleagues something to focus on other than a deadline.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Will "Flywheels - he's awesome" suffice as a review? I came up with the bloody review format, so I should be able to ignore it...
No. Flywheels = awesome sounds... surreal. Unless you mean that 2-4 seconds of animation in "Rebirth" opening. :o
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Post by starscreamjericho »

so is he really coming out. i never got a chance to get the japan reissue. and the idea about a set of cassettes sounds great, they can do it like they did the minibots
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

when was there a complete mini-bot reissue? did I miss something? I would LOVE a complete set of those little guys! My faves are still Seaspray, Warpath, and Cosmos.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

when was there a complete mini-bot reissue? did I miss something? I would LOVE a complete set of those little guys! My faves are still Seaspray, Warpath, and Cosmos.

It one of Takara's TFC releases. It has Warpath, Seaspray, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Cosmos and maybe Huffer? I'm not 100% sure. I never managed to pick one up by the time I had enough money to buy Transformers.

Which is why if Soundwave is released in Australia, I will be picking him up instantly.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Osku
No. Flywheels = awesome sounds... surreal. Unless you mean that 2-4 seconds of animation in "Rebirth" opening. :o

He was in the comic.

My review is based solely off the toy, though...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

when was there a complete mini-bot reissue? did I miss something?

Yes.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Not really "complete" though, was it?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not really "complete" though, was it?

They lose massive points for skipping Pipes for starters. That has to be the best mould retool I've ever seen. They also loose points for three of them being the ones that you can't normally give away (why not chuck in the ever-present Seaspray as well...), and making one of the others look like a fat bastard. The annoying thing about the 'anime' Bumble was that they didn't go to any effort with Huffer and Gears...
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Originally posted by Gouki
It one of Takara's TFC releases. It has Warpath, Seaspray, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Cosmos and maybe Huffer? I'm not 100% sure. I never managed to pick one up by the time I had enough money to buy Transformers.

Which is why if Soundwave is released in Australia, I will be picking him up instantly.

Dang that would have been cool. I think if I stopped buying all of my comics and Transformers, I'd probably have enough money to visit Australia finally. Why can't I be paid in pounds instead of US$? :laugh:
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
(why not chuck in the ever-present Seaspray as well...)

I just have a lot of fond memories of playing with Seaspray in church as a kid instead of listening to the sermons.