OTFCC Hasbro panel overview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Sorry Gesani... (OTFCC Hasbro panel round-up)

Post by Nevermore »

http://boards.allspark.com/index.php?ac ... 41&t=50058
Movie:
- They are looking to combine the best parts of Transformers. It hasn't been decided to base it on the G1 cartoon for sure, but the "truck people" will be happy, basically.
- Other than that it's way too early to know much of anything, but next year they expect to have a lot to reveal.

Cartoon - Energon:
- The last 13 episodes of will be called the Powerlinx Battles. They will heavily feature battles between the two gestalts, Devestator and Superion. Bruticus is the third gestalt but they didn't mention his role in the show.
- Omega Sentinel is the leader of a group of Guard Sentinels, they will be on the show in the spring.
- The gestalts somehow are tied into the Sentinels in the storyline.
- Blue Energon plays a big part in the end of the show (see below).
- Starscream will cease to be a ghost and will become a regular transformer, hence his new color scheme (G1 Baby!)
- Grimlock and Swoop won't be in the show.
- Alpha-Q will shortly start being referred to as Alpha-Quintesson. *cough*

Cartoon - Cybertron:
- The cartoon is a year away.
- It will be done by a new animation studio in Japan.
- The story concerns them trying to save their home planet. It is a direct sequel to Armada and Energon, taking place several years after Energon.
- There will be new human characters, I believe they said most or all of the existing humans will be gone.
- Some Armada characters that did not show up in the Energon cartoon will show up in Cybertron.
- Primus will factor into Cybertron.

Toys - Energon:
- Wing Saber was initially called Superion Maximus but then they decided to use the Takara name.
- The gestalts have two molds used twice for financial reasons. Each gestalt will consist of four basics as limbs and a $9.99 middle figure.
- Sharkticon's vehicle mode was initially based on the design of the Decepticon ship Nemesis, and then it was modified.
- The Alpha Quintesson toy may not transform but can roll (and the legs spin around), and the faces inside do turn around inside the head.
- The Energon Inferno remold is indeed called Roadblock.
- Cyclonus and Ironhide will be KB exclusives.
- For Energon they wanted a lot of characters in the initial waves but someone was delayed in production (Scorponok, probably). They made Energon Ultra Magnus as a fillin, underestimated his demand and also for unknown reasons he was just underproduced. I yelled out "MAKE MORE!!!!!" and Michelle said "I reserve the right to put this figure into TFU" and said they didn't have plans to do it but it would be a possibility.
- Someone asked why the Decepticons don't have a cool action feature like the Autobots' combining feature. Aaron said they think the "hyper power" feature is exciting. (I guess he hasn't seen the "hyper power" for Shockblast? Go go Gadget-solar panels!)
- Will we see a Hot Rod repaint of Hot Shot? "No."
- Arcee is small for financial reasons and because they didn't think she'd appeal to the main market. Michelle said 7 year old boys don't want a $15 woman.
- No more Dinobots planned after Grimlock and Swoop.
- Sounds like Takara maybe wasn't as involved in designing Grimlock and Swoop and they didn't see a place for these toys in Superlink.
- The face on Insecticon is just some sort of "lucky accident". Ooooook.
- Will we get recolored Energon weapons like in Japan? Not planned for right away but next year, yes. The gestalts have blue Energon for a reason, it's a purer form of Energon found in special "spark wells".
- The $50 price point will stay in Energon/Cybertron and we will see new molds.

Toys - Cybertron:
- They are currently working on Wave 2 of the toys.
- Optimus Prime will have a mouth and a mouth shield.
- Will there by more Unicron toys? "No."
- They realized late in the game that Minicons are really popular and they backed off too far on making them. We will be getting new Minicon molds.

Toys - G1:
- The G1 line will start to lean more towards figures such as Astrotrain and Ricochet (they didn't have rights to the name Stepper, by the way). They will be mostly figures that most US collectors don't have already.
- Will we get more reissues that are presented as new characters like Ricochet, or Japanese characters we never had? "Maybe".
- No Dinobot reissues planned.
- No plans for Soundwave (BOOOOOOO!)

Toys - Alternators:
- Not only will there probably be an Alternators backstory soon, but if we keep supporting the line they will "grow it accordingly" and make a cartoon or other media.
- Tracks was initially going to be yellow with a blue repaint later, but the interior was showing through the plastic. Since Takara paints over metal they could keep the yellow, but we are getting blue instead.
- Aaron Archer chose to use Meister because he thinks "Autobot _____" isn't a cool name. He did give us permission to call him Jazz, as well as calling Downshift Wheeljack. :-)
- Swindle has a new head, a bar on the front and bigger tires.
- They want to do Bumblebee and are trying hard to get him done.
- Someone asked about how licensing works. They said it's different with different companies.
- Will we see other types of Alternators like planes and motorcycles? They want us to tell them what we want in the survey at the con so they can decide if this is doable.
- Alternator Sunstreaker is probably going to happen once they start doing Alternator exclusives.
- They have not tried to get the license for a Lamborghini Alternator.
- No plans for Alternator Blurr.
- The Ford Mustang -will- be Grimlock and it will be grey (I guess not silver like the Binaltech?)
- No plans for an Alternator Soundwave or Blaster with cassettes.
- Older cars in the Alternators line? Sure...but that's also what they hope to find out from our (800-freaking-page) surveys. Michelle said they won't be doing the Batmobile.
- They really want to do a Mini Cooper and are trying to get the license.
- There are no plans for an Alternator Prowl.
- Emergency vehicles in Alternators? "None that I'm willing to talk about".
- No plans for a Dodge Neon Alternator.

Toys - TFU:
- The Smokescreen and Ransack two-pack is an exclusive to one of the second string stores like Meijer or Costco. Aaron used a lot of new terms to refer to these stores but basically it meant "not Wal-mart or Target".
- The TFU Piranacon repaint will be a giftset released in the spring as a Wal-mart exclusive.
- The third micromaster combiner will be Sixliner, he referred to them as "railbots".
- TFU Devestator was announced as "because you demanded it".
- No plans for bringing over Star Convoy.
- No plans for bringing over Predaking (BOOOOOOO!)
- They are trying for bringing over SOME Robot Masters for TFU (it "makes sense"). They said they would probably not bring over Takara's original molds (ie the remolded figures).
- Will we see Dirgegun released here? Direct quote "Not him....". Sounded like "not him, but maybe someone similar". Thrustol?

Misc:
- Aaron Archer said there are a lot of TF designs that have been abandoned. He was looking through a lot of them in Japan recently when he had an idea. Transformers.com is going to have a contest for a fan's choice figure that we can pick from some of these (sometimes bizarre) designs.
- They aren't planning on a Big Daddy toy, it's a weird name.
- WSTF - They planned to bring over Optimus and Soundwave as a bonus (I think in TFU) but they are having trouble getting support from retailers (if I understood them correctly). They are still going to do it once they get the support for it.
- Someone asked why they weren't doing anything about the test shots on Ebay all the time. They basically asked people not to buy them. They didn't make any distinction about test shots vs. finished "dealer samples".
- A 10th anniversary celebration of Beast Wars "makes sense", which seems to be Aaron Archer's way of saying "I hadn't thought of that but it sounds cool".
- What was the origin of having "Decepticlones" in the PS2 game. They wanted something to blow up without it being established characters.
- They have no plans for more female characters but they heard us loud and clear that we want them.
- Techspecs should be updated more often but the web designer has been backlogged. Sorry. No, we won't see them on boxes for the same reason as always, they'd have to be trilingual.
- We probably won't ever see more chrome paint schemes because it's shown itself to be too fragile over time.
- We won't see more decoys like we got in G1.
- HOC was discontinued despite Hasbro really liking the line because the secondary stores (Meijer, Rose, etc) weren't giving them the support they wanted.
- G1 homage characters showing up with the wrong name sometimes occurs because they pick a name before a design really gets too far along and then it's too late to change it. As mentioned, Aaron gave us all permission to call Downshift Wheeljack and Meister Jazz.
- Aaron would like at some point to look into using characters such as Alpha Trion or Devcon, but no plans for right now.
- We probably won't see more Masterpiece toys right away because it was an expensive toy to make and it was really just to celebrate the Anniversary. Aaron anticipates people making him part of the Alternators line so he has bad guys to fight. If we do see more Masterpiece toys it'll be as part of another Anniversary.
- We aren't getting a trailer for 20th Prime because Aaron thinks it's basically an expensive box, and that there are better uses for their investment. He encouraged us to look online for people making customs.
- No plans at present for a crossover between TF's and either Zoids or Xevox. Although Michelle seemed interested in how many people liked Xevox.
- Will we ever see organic Beast Modes again? Well, you know how Transformers trends seem to come and go, so eventually we probably will. For now, however, Cybertron is vehicle based and they want the movie toy line to be that way too.
- Fort Max won't pass safety laws, period. They have no plans to make a new Fort Max.
- They are extremely pleased with Atari's work on the PS2 game and there is another game coming out in the next couple of years (which I think we've heard from other sources is a sequel to the first game set in the Cybertron storyline).
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

7 year old boys don't want a $15 woman.

It's more a case of parents not buying female figures for young boys. Although I don't think kids were/are the principle audience for Energon Arcee—and I'd be surprised if the mould doesn't get more coverage in Universe or thereafter.

The gestalts have two molds used twice for financial reasons.

More regular combined figure, but debatable whether it'll sell.

No, we won't see them on boxes for the same reason as always, they'd have to be trilingual.

I wonder if they realise how much this kills repeat sales?

---

I can't believe the Alternators story won't tie into the movie... but, as they say, it's too early to commit to press.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

glad to hear that some of the Armada characters will be returning in Cybertron. Hope Blurr, Scavenger and Wheeljack return.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I am just getting kinda of sick of Hasbro and all the exclusive crap. I mean small market areas that lack a Target, TRU or decent sized Wal Mart get nothing. I really was looking forward to Nemesis Prime and Piranacon,king,whatever. But now I doubt I'll see him. *Grumble*.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Well, I'm certainly hoping a lot of people show interest in non-car alternate modes in the surveys...

Not too keen on the gestalts being sold separately...scalpers are going to have a damn field day with that.

Very disappointed about no Dodge Neon. :(
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

- Cyclonus and Ironhide will be KB exclusives.

Whoo Hoo!

Michelle said 7 year old boys don't want a $15 woman.

That just sounds...wrong!

:p
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Demolisher's a KB exclusive? That means I won't find him for months after he's released. Stupid KB. Nemesis is an exclusive? Where?

Kinda sucks that they're making the smokescreen an exclusive at those second-string stores. I don't even know if I have any of those freakin' places nearby. Bah!

Yeah, exclusives are a pretty ****ty practice.
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

I guess all i can say is that all spark beat us agian.. garand just recently updated the panel review............ most of which is the same.. i didnt get to see the whole panel thanks to traffic on the way back from lunch...
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Nemesis is an exclusive? Where?

Target.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Off topic
Originally posted by Gesani
I guess all i can say is that all spark beat us agian.. garand just recently updated the panel review............ most of which is the same.. i didnt get to see the whole panel thanks to traffic on the way back from lunch...
I appreciate your efforts there. Problem is one can't know your panel review is online when logging in. There should be notice on the main page and/or this thread edited; a link to Garand's(?)review
http://tfarchive.com/fandom/otfcc/panels/index.php

and after that a link to allspark review.

On topic
TFU Devastator?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Not too keen on the gestalts being sold separately...scalpers are going to have a damn field day with that.

What's worse is that since each gestalt will only have two different molds for limbs, with the other two limbs being repaints of the first two, and Hasbro not wanting to have repaints on the shelves at the same time as the other versions of the molds, you'll be seeing three gestalt parts in stores first and then gonna have to wait several months before the other limbs become available... :wall:

However, the funniest thing is this:
To keep Alts a surprise Hasboro has asked people to stop buying Protos and Test Shots on Ebay, so collecter can get information through places like transformers.com, basics no one buys no one sells
Translation: "Please stop buying them so we won't get scooped again!" :laugh:
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Maybe if the webmaster there updated once in a while...
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Off Topic
Devcon
I knew I was right.

On Topic

Not too bad, I like the fact that Cybertron will be continuing on with Energon. Also the Blue Energo sounds ... different along with the Combiners. I wonder why we haven't seen Devastor pics yet? Or I have I not been around enough.

Also, with the Fort Maxx thing, I read somewhere that Takara was relasing him in the Robot Masters line.

Also, it would be good if they bring over the RM Starscream.

I wish I could go to OTFCC, but just recently they built a huge convetion centre in Perth that can hold 1,200 + people and other stuff.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Fort Max is being done as a Robotmasters lucky draw prize I beleive.. Dont' think they've got him lined up as an actual figure in the line... Devastator pics? Which one? TFU or Energon? There's like 3 different Devs coming out - Dev in Energon, Micromaster Dev & Landfill-repaint Dev... At least there isn't a Prowl alternator on the horizon yet.. yet....
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Speaking of exclusives if there is anyone with a decent target they should pm me heh.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Sources claim Alt Sunstreaker might be released as an X-Mas 2004 surprise.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Target.

The sons of bitches! There's not a target for miles. I had to order online for ****in' Cryotek, I had to order online for ****in' Dreadwind and Smokejumper, and now, I'm gonna have to order online for this ****, with the usual markup that goes along with it. Fekkin' Hasblow . . .

P.S. **** that autocensor ****.

EDIT: Why is it that the good ones are always exclusives? Buncha ass holes, they are.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I was trying to say Hasbro is pissing everyone off with these exclusives earlier.

orisprime
Protoform

Post by orisprime »

I made my ow fem bot

Dajani just take the limbs off of t.m2 spittor and put them on stink bomb remove stink bomb's limbs youm may put them on spittor you now have 2 fem bots

the one with the body of stink bomb is Dajani

the other one is Aquatica
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

- The story concerns them trying to save their home planet. It is a direct sequel to Armada and Energon, taking place several years after Energon.
- There will be new human characters, I believe they said most or all of the existing humans will be gone.
The existing human characters should be gone. They'd all be dead from old age!
- Arcee is small for financial reasons and because they didn't think she'd appeal to the main market. Michelle said 7 year old boys don't want a $15 woman.

- They have no plans for more female characters but they heard us loud and clear that we want them.
In that case, stick them in one of the other lines. Why not Alternators? I'm sure we would fight through the toy aisles for Alternator Elita-1, Chromia, Firestar, and Moonracer. Heck, you could recolor some of the Spy Changers as yet unused for G1 homages and I'm sure we'd swallow our Spy Changer overdose sickness long enough to grab them. Just be sure to add tech specs to these gals.
- No more Dinobots planned after Grimlock and Swoop.
Aw, Slag!
- The face on Insecticon is just some sort of "lucky accident". Ooooook.
MARS WANTS TRANSFORMERS!
- No plans for Soundwave (BOOOOOOO!)
I'd go for a Soundblaster with Buzzsaw, though.
- Will we see Dirgegun released here? Direct quote "Not him....". Sounded like "not him, but maybe someone similar". Thrustol?
Waspinator? :confused:
- Techspecs should be updated more often but the web designer has been backlogged. Sorry. No, we won't see them on boxes for the same reason as always, they'd have to be trilingual.
I can understand and forgive the web designer, but I still want them with the toys themselves. :mad: If they can't put them on the packages, then they ought to include them in the packages as an insert.
exclusive [this,] exclusive [that,] exclusive [something else....]
I've never much liked exclusives, mostly because they're so dang hard to get.