Prime Wars is coming to all TF media!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Prime Wars is coming to all TF media!

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Hasbro to an epic trilogy spanning 3-4 years!

Considering the last few times Hasbro has tried this it hasn't exactly worked namely The Unicron Trilogy and The Aligned Universe. The ONLY way I see this working if Hasbro can get all parties on the same page.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So this is basically just the "G1" themed stuff then? They're not going to be sticking these toys in the RID cartoon, right?

Considering IDW haven't done so well with either Dark Cybertron or Combiner Wars, I can only hope MTMTE can keep its nose out again.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

inflatable dalek wrote:So this is basically just the "G1" themed stuff then? They're not going to be sticking these toys in the RID cartoon, right?

Considering IDW haven't done so well with either Dark Cybertron or Combiner Wars, I can only hope MTMTE can keep its nose out again.

I actually liked Dark Cybertron I thought it was a fun read.

Combiner Wars had some great ideas but ended up as a poorly-executed horrible mess that didn't make much sense. But I think MTMTE's days of being outside the events is going to end if this comes to pass. It has too many characters like Fort Max and Blaster that are already rumored to be coming titans in the toys and comics for it to remain immune to it.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I like bears.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

So that Astrotrain looking fellow is Sentinel Prime indeed.

Is this set in flashbacks? Present day?

Either way, yes, last time hasbro tried to do an aligned thing throughout all media, Prime happened.

At least this means a leader class Sentinel. Finally.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
inflatable dalek

And on the comic side it looks like we'll be getting All Hail Optimus:

https://twitter.com/tfradio/status/652502724676861956
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:And on the comic side it looks like we'll be getting All Hail Optimus:

https://twitter.com/tfradio/status/652502724676861956
I hope it's a wacky time travel adventure where Optimus has to sneak about behind the scenes during All Hail Megatron trying to fix it so it doesn't happen without bumping into himself even though his other self is on Cybertron for most of it so this isn't likely at all and I should probably shut up because I'm on the fifth line of the preview box and am yet to use a single piece of punctuation.
inflatable dalek

Squinting at the text, it looks like this is issue 50 of the Ex-RID rather than a separate miniseries as I first thought.

I'm not going to prejudge it based on the title, but if they had to evoke that comic they could have at least gotten a Trevor Hutchison cover on there as well.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:At least this means a leader class Sentinel. Finally.
I thought Sentinel Prime was a Voyager Class Astrotrain rip-off? Or is there a Leader Class one coming out I've missed?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yeah, my bad. When I first caught glimpse of that comic scan the blueprints from summer came to mind, which had labelled that Astrotrain lookalike as leader class.

:up:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:Yeah, my bad. When I first caught glimpse of that comic scan the blueprints from summer came to mind, which had labelled that Astrotrain lookalike as leader class.

:up:
Aww. I was hopeful you were right...

Anyhoo, the Voyager may still be OK.

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Am I the only one who's worried about the Headmasters being described as a beloved part of the franchise? And the fact that, based on that, they're making a comeback?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Heinrad wrote:Am I the only one who's worried about the Headmasters being described as a beloved part of the franchise? And the fact that, based on that, they're making a comeback?
Says the man who used, like, eight of them in the RPG? :glance:

But nah, I think that's a bit of hyperbole on Hasbro's part. Headmasters aren't unpopular by any stretch, but if you did a poll ranking the 80s toy gimmicks I don't think they make the top five (and depending on what you call a "gimmick" they might have a hard time hitting top-ten). Unfortunately all the actually beloved stuff has been touched on in previous Generations stuff over the last decade, so this is what they're left with.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:Says the man who used, like, eight of them in the RPG? :glance:
But nah, I think that's a bit of hyperbole on Hasbro's part. Headmasters aren't unpopular by any stretch, but if you did a poll ranking the 80s toy gimmicks I don't think they make the top five
The Official TF Gimmick Ranking is as follows:

1) Duocons
2) Other
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:The Official TF Gimmick Ranking is as follows:

1) Duocons
2) Other
Yeah, just when are we getting that updated Battltrap (as two vehicles - not that Botcon Springer redeco...).

:swirly:

And I liked the rubsigns.

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The only problem with most Headmasters is that they're Headmasters and have often been involved in fiction that has them as Headmasters.

Mind, if we get a Horri-Bull out of it I can live with it. Bet no-one's snapped up that trademark in the past 27 years.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Decepticon Nasti-Cow it is :(
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

To be fair, nasti-cow isn't that bad. Be interesting if it meant horribull was now a fembot.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Not to ruin everyone's fun (actually that's a lie, I definitely want to ruin your fun) but isn't he Terri-Bull now? One of the bodiless Headmasters was called that.