Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32

Post by zigzagger »

Transformers: Robots In Disguise #32 three-page preview by way of iTunes.
Attachments
rid32 p3.jpg
rid32 p2.jpg
rid32 p1.jpg
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Barber is going to reconcile the various Prowls!

This is either going to be brilliant or completely piss me off.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Looks intriguing to me. This is a comic I'd like to read. Prowl was never massively into the whole Autobot schtick in the way Chromedome, Ratchet et al were. This issue seems consistent with Prowl's huffiness about it. Cool.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

SPOILERS YO.

A bit of a slip after 31 was quite a fun issue. Galvatron remains great entertainment, but the resolution to the cliffhanger was incredibly lame (there were some brilliant theories online as to what Prowl was doing that wasn't evil, his actual reason for pulling a gun on Jazz was utterly ludicrous and only makes sense if you assume he knows he's in a comic and there was a need for some tension at the 22 page mark), I mean really, he just wanted Jazz' attention before making a practical suggestion? What a cock.

And then it turns out Prowl has always hated Prime (! so much for theories the Constructicons are warping his mind), and really thinks not letting the other Autobots in on at least most of his plan is a good idea? He doesn't seem to have been expecting the mind zap thing that lets him fire the missiles, so he was basically leading everyone into a massive trap with no way out and expecting them not to get slaughtered? Bobbins I say.

Plus, this month's cliffhanger suggests Barber is cribbing from Age of Extinction.

In terms of plus points, Thundercracker's writing getting darker and more cynical in relation to his situation was very nicely done and probably the highpoint, and the issue looked as good as always.

But now I worry IDW have ruined Prowl as much as they did Bumblebee. Remember back when IDW started and Prowl was just a lowerly field commander rather than high command who may have been by the book but was also practical and full of common sense? Even as recently as Dark Cybertron his ideas always felt as if they should be what the Autobots should actually be doing ("Maybe we should go finish off the plot rather than head to the pub?"), but now he's the big ejaculating penis of Transformers. And like Bumblebee, if (and hopefully when) he dies I will be relieved.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I actually liked this one, besides the first face palm scene of the "gun on your head".

There are more good points than bad in this issue, and I like the twists and ends here and there. I always wondered, if the constructicons and prowl unite, how come Prowl or the others were not aware of Scavenger's thoughts. They were ;)

Not sure I like this pacifist/weird Soundwave. And they have to stop with Galvatron's "comical" getting to know Earth phrases as they really ruin the mood.

Thundercracker is ace as always. And Barber ties up more continuity loose ends together, although the fact that the big "menace" turns out to be an army of seekers is a bit meh.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

It was ok. I think some of the ideas bandied about were more interesting but that happens with the best of comics / shows / whatever. As said, there is more good than bad here.

Have a question though (and bear with me, work has been insane over the past three weeks) - where does Brawl come from?
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

South America I think. His parents were Luchadore's.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

No seriously. Does he just show up in a splash panel or has he been there from the start?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

He's always been with the Earth-based Decepticon crew in S2 of RID ;)
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Guess I just find it weird. Prime and the bots are storming the base. The decepticon warship appears and they start battling that but I dont recall the cons landing and attacking at that point. I'll have to re-read. It just looked really weird to me.

Really need to work less next week.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

This was waiting for me upon my return from Cornwall and I read it with lunch at work today. It wasn't awful, and I liked Galvatron as much as ever (I also love seeing Cosmos getting more and more lines). Prowls thing is getting old fast, and I'm not sure Barbers writing is so good he can parody bad writing...
I like bears.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Summerhayes wrote:It wasn't awful, and I liked Galvatron as much as ever
I have appeared to echo this statement!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I did like this -- not as much as the MTMTE issue, but I do like the Prowl-shows-up-everyone-while-being-a-massive-cock thing. But then I like Prowl the asshole, so that might just be me.

There are a couple of things I disliked, of course, like the cliffhanger from last issue being nothing but a throwaway thing though I didn't really mind it, but I do echo the sentiment that there are more good things than bad. Like Megatron in MTMTE, Barber tries to combine Prowl's separate characterizations together and I do find myself liking this a fair bit.

I do agree that there's no way for Prowl to know that Bharwaney's network is connected to the missiles (or, say, the stupid mind bomb), or if they will be able to be fired enough without any Autobot casualties... and as we see, Kup nearly bought it.

Also the return of Spike Witwicky?

God damn it Barber

You do something so good and then you promise the return of shittiness

Though if Prowl shoots Spike in the head next month all is forgiven.

Great read overall... the boringly tedious and why-the-hell-are-they-doing-this-other-than-to-fix-the-mess-they-made Primacy aside, both the issues this month made me relatively happy.
inflatable dalek wrote:Plus, this month's cliffhanger suggests Barber is cribbing from Age of Extinction.
You say that like it's a bad thing!

I do like how Barber goes on and takes Ramjet and Thrust in his crazy OCD... except it actually makes sense this time and I do like how Ramjet and Thrust, thrown away as one-shot characters by writers who had no idea what to do with them in Spotlight Ramjet and whichever AHM Coda issue written by the asshole Spotlight Bumblebee team. At least they get to be grunts!
inflatable dalek wrote:In terms of plus points, Thundercracker's writing getting darker and more cynical in relation to his situation was very nicely done and probably the highpoint, and the issue looked as good as always.
I didn't really care much for Thundercracker other than him being the funny guy with a dog, but oh yes this does help bring the point of the issue home.
inflatable dalek wrote:But now I worry IDW have ruined Prowl as much as they did Bumblebee...

but now he's the big ejaculating penis of Transformers. And like Bumblebee, if (and hopefully when) he dies I will be relieved.
Yeah, recently Prowl has been too much of a dick and too little of being a proper chessmaster... there wasn't any particular reason Prowl couldn't warned Prime beforehand, or held that gun next to Jazz's head, or, hell, did something practical to ensure that none of the Autobots died.

It seems to be pretty poorly thought out overall, but maybe it's the Constructicons' fault...

Was Prowl calling one of them Scrapper an actual error or the Constructicons getting into his head?
Knightdramon wrote:Not sure I like this pacifist/weird Soundwave. And they have to stop with Galvatron's "comical" getting to know Earth phrases as they really ruin the mood. [?quote]

This. Both of this. Galvatron I don't mind as such because I, uh, never really took him seriously at all, but the wacky Soundwave is just, well, me no likey.

Galvatron did murder Daniel Witwicky, though... wrong Witwicky god damn it
Red Dave Prime wrote:Have a question though (and bear with me, work has been insane over the past three weeks) - where does Brawl come from?
Brawl was among the troops that were with Galvatron in the past issues -- he was going alongside Blitzwing in tank form when they besieged the town and the two had the 'United Steaks' thing which I found funny.