The War Academy

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

The War Academy

Post by RUNAMOK »

One thing that is often mentioned, but never realy see in transformers history is the war academy on cybertron, but what do we realy know about this educational facility?

There may actualy be more than one academy, a Decepticon Military academy is mentioned of Flamefeathers techspec.

A Decepticon warrior-trainee boot camp is mentioned on Triggerhappys universe profile, complete with teachers, camp commander and graduation.

Starscream called himself pride of the cybertronian war academy or something like that, I don't remember the qoute exactly, in Posession.

We know that there are field training, weapons training and parantly also vehicle, or atleast hoverboard, training. There must be some sort of grade system juing by Starscreams comment. There must also be a ste of rules, or otherwise you can't be thrown out for being too violent like Flamefeather did.

What do we else have of sources with information about this training center? Are all transformers allowed to get military training, are all transformers required to have military training?
Rurudyne
Protoform

Re: The War Academy

Post by Rurudyne »

Originally posted by RUNAMOK
What do we else have of sources with information about this training center? Are all transformers allowed to get military training, are all transformers required to have military training?

I believe Sgt.Shultz said it best: "I know nothing!"

Even if he suspected everything. ;)
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

This has been a bit of a bother to me for a while. If the planet has been playing civil war before, then I really, really doubt there would be an active and open military college. Something originally set up to formally train soldiers to fight the Quintesson occupying forces is also very improbable, since it looks like the Cybertronians back then were little more than rebels.

Best I could come up with was either a very real Decepticon establishment (which can't have been that good, given the standard of fighting/tactics of some of the graduates) or a nickname for Megatron's basic training camp.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Or it was an entity that existed after the Quints got the boot but before the Civil War started.

Presumably then, at least in canon, it could've even been established to develop a military to fight the Quintessons. Possibly to track them down and make an end of them.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

That's an interesting idea... Could explain why some 'Cons have received reasonable military training and the ease with which the Autobots formed up to stand against Megs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

After a little research I have found some more information about the war academy

Armada Scavenger was once an instructor at cybertron’s top military academy

Tailgate and Pipes were both at the Autobot military academy, this answers some earlier questions.

There are apparently still military and war academies in beast wars according to some of the Japanese ones, Dead End and Cohrada.

Scattershot was apparently not on the academy to learn how to fight.

That was what I could find with a little search at the tf wiki