[FICTION] TRANSFORMERS: MOSAIC (comic project)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TF Mosaic
Protoform

Transformer Mosaic: Releases & Reactions

Post by TF Mosaic »

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that this project is not in any way officially affiliated with either IDW Publishing or Hasbro. They're just some short stories crafted by your fellow Transformers enthusiasts.

That being said, everyone is welcome to leave comments and whatnot regarding the posted stories. Just bear in mind that no one has been paid for this work. These stories are the result of people taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.

These pieces can be uploaded to this or any other website, as long as those involved get their deserved credit.

The first Piece of the Mosaic is "Destiny":

TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

Here's the second piece of "Transformers: Mosaic"

This piece is titled "Ghost in the Machine", and it's written by George Smrekar (aka GeO), and the artwork is by Eric Allard (aka Herobot)!

TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

This week's piece is titled "Reflection".
It's written by J.J. Price (aka Ford DeceptiFocus), artwork is by Kris Carter (aka Drivaaar) and edits by Mary Canada (aka DoubleTake).

TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

This week's piece is titled "The Curse".
It's written by Carlos Oliveros (aka Synapse), with art by Ivan Mas (aka Decep).

TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

This weeks piece is called "Avatar".
It's written by Gary Carney (aka Nerroth), with art by Mike Moran (aka MilkManX) and colors by Clay Lewis.

superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Post by superquad7 »

This is like being a McDonald's customer: I'm lovin' it!

AWESOME work guys! I hope I can add something in the future! :)
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

Originally posted by superquad7
This is like being a McDonald's customer: I'm lovin' it!

AWESOME work guys! I hope I can add something in the future! :)

Thanks man, I think that's the coolest comment we've received.

If you're interested in getting involved, send me an email at Transformers.Mosaic@gmail.com
superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Post by superquad7 »

Originally posted by TF Mosaic
Thanks man, I think that's the coolest comment we've received.

If you're interested in getting involved, send me an email at Transformers.Mosaic@gmail.com

Goodness, I hope not! Heh heh! I'm glad you enjoyed my comment anyways :D

I've had something along this line (stand alone stories that integrate themselves together when placed front to back) planned for my Alt/BT collection (factory + customs) for a while. After 4 years, one would think I'd be past the prewriting stage, but a large part of me wants to have most of my customs finished before I really dive headfirst into my own 2-D project.

Whether you'd want to do it within this thread or not, I'd be interested in reading about your creative processes (prewriting/writing/illustration).

Again, excellent work to all involved!
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

Originally posted by superquad7
Goodness, I hope not! Heh heh! I'm glad you enjoyed my comment anyways :D

I've had something along this line (stand alone stories that integrate themselves together when placed front to back) planned for my Alt/BT collection (factory + customs) for a while. After 4 years, one would think I'd be past the prewriting stage, but a large part of me wants to have most of my customs finished before I really dive headfirst into my own 2-D project.

Whether you'd want to do it within this thread or not, I'd be interested in reading about your creative processes (prewriting/writing/illustration).

Again, excellent work to all involved!

Sounds interesting and I'm more than happy to share our creative process, just send me an email and we'll take it from there.
andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

I've seen these over at the IDW boards. Nice work on all of them.
TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

Originally posted by andersonh1
I've seen these over at the IDW boards. Nice work on all of them.

Thanks, they are beng "released" all over the web so you'll probably see them in a few places :)
TF Mosaic
Protoform

Transformers Mosaic: "Feeling Yellow"

Post by TF Mosaic »

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

It should be noted that this project is not in any way officially affiliated with either IDW Publishing or Hasbro. They're just some short stories crafted by your fellow Transformers enthusiasts.
That being said, everyone is welcome to leave comments and whatnot regarding the posted stories. Just bear in mind that no one has been paid for this work. These stories are the result of people taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.

This extra-special piece is brought to you by Luke Barnett (aka Bassbot) on story, with Robby Musso (aka Rex-203) on art, John-Paul Bove on colors, Kris Carter (aka Drivaaar) on letters and edits by Mary Canada (aka DoubleTake).

Special thanks to Robby Musso (Spotlight: Ultra Magnus) for contributing to this piece!
andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

Nice little "in between" scene there.
andersonh1
Protoform

Post by andersonh1 »

Originally posted by TF Mosaic

I know the comment was directed at superquad7, but I'd be interested in getting involved as well. E-mail has been sent.
TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

Thanks.
TF Mosaic
Protoform

Transformers Mosaic: "Rank"

Post by TF Mosaic »

This piece is titled "Rank".
It's written by Josh van Reyk (aka Richter), artwork is by Matt C. Adams (aka Ultra Computron), colors and lettering are by Kris Carter (aka Drivaaar), and edits by Mary Canada (aka DoubleTake).

slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

All of the mosaics are great. Fancy giving us some more info here on the Archive about the group and those involved ?

ImageOoo, I know ! how about a pop interview ? Image
  • So, how'd you guys meet up ?
  • Are you, like, professional artists in real life ?
  • Who was the brains behind the idea of Mosaic ? Where did the idea come from ?
  • Are they segments of longer stories ?
    Just how many of you are there anyway ?
  • How do you guys organise who does what ? Do you draw straws or something ? *fake laughter*
  • Artists: how do you work ? Do you scan sketches ? or do you work directly onto the screen ? Do you listen to music at work ? Do you take drugs ? Tell us a bit about your work environment :)
  • Any plans to publish the mosaic ?
  • Which is your favourite one ? ;)
Keep up the good work :)
Drivaaar
Protoform

Post by Drivaaar »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
Ooo, I know ! how about a pop interview ?
[p]
So, how'd you guys meet up ?
[p]
Well, I just happened to stumble across the IDW forums, and they they were!
[p]
Are you, like, professional artists in real life ?
[p]Nope, I work in a call centre, selling secured loans. :(
[p]
Who was the brains behind the idea of Mosaic ? Where did the idea come from ?
[p]As far as I'm aware, I'd started a collaborative project on the Allspark boards where writers and artists would work together on a short, one-page story. IT eventually produced six or seven good pieces, and I ended up posting some of them on the IDW forums. One of the guys there, Richter (who wrote the above piece) liked the idea, and ran with it on the IDW forums. He's better organised than I was at doing it, that's for certain!
[p]Are they segments of longer stories ?
[p]Some are, in a way. Several of the Mosaics can "slot in" to established continuity on the IDW comics. Others are more stand alone.[p]
Just how many of you are there anyway ?[p]
That I don't know![p]
How do you guys organise who does what ? Do you draw straws or something? [p]
There are two main guys who co-ordinate everything - Richter and Beachcomber at the IDW forums. They arrangr creative teams, and ensure pieces are ready for unveiling each Monday.[p]
Artists: how do you work ? Do you scan sketches ? or do you work directly onto the screen ? Do you listen to music at work ? Do you take drugs ? Tell us a bit about your work environment :)[p]
Well, if I'm drawing a piece, I'll sketch thumbnails of the page onto A5 paper. Then once I'm happy with the layout, I'll pencil it up on A3 Bristol Board, followed by inks. Once that's done, I'll scan it all in to Photshop at 300dpi, then beginning colouring. Once colouring is all done, I save a "flat" version of it to stop my computer from spazzing out, then add lettering and word bubbles. Sometimes I just colour a piece, or simply just letter it. And rememeber - drugs are bad, m'kay?[p]
Any plans to publish the mosaic ?[p]
Inadvertantly yes. There's talk about some of the Mosaics seeing print as non-commissioned fan-art in the backs of the IDW comics. It's early days yet, but hopefully some of them will see print eventually![p]
Which is your favourite one?
I've enjoyed them all. The Counter-Punch story simply slayed me, as did the Curse. I tend to enjoy the ones that slot into IDW continuity more, simply because they add to an already in-depth tale.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Excellent ! Thanks for that. It'd be way cool if IDW printed mosaics' work, I hope it works out.

see ya round.
TF Mosaic
Protoform

Post by TF Mosaic »

Just to add a little further to what Drivaaar has all ready answered.

At last count there was 44 people involved in the project.

And we have 24 of these peices either completed or in production.

Thanks for taking an interest.