First look at Cybertron Sky Shadow (formerly "Octane") and Wing Saber

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

First look at Cybertron Sky Shadow (formerly "Octane") and Wing Saber

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

*groans*
"Can you get this Vacuum cleaner to f*ck this cake?", Uncle Grandfather; Perfect Hair Forever
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

That thur turnsformer look purty cool.:D
:up: :up:

I'll call him "Firejet":p Ooh, Sky Shadow, that'll make the Fanboys who wanted a new Octane mad, despite the fact that they can call him whatever the heck they want.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by chimung
*groans*

Now, now. We've been over why repaints are necessary in order to have Hasbro decide that new molds are worth their time.

At least they made a different character of him, and not Jetfire:the upgrade!

Didn't pick up Jetfire, but this one looks quite nice. Almost nice enough to break my "no more bigger than a deluxe, aside from alternators" rule. Perhaps if I were to see it in the stores for a decent price, like when Cybertron stuff goes on clearance.
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Now, now. We've been over why repaints are necessary in order to have Hasbro decide that new molds are worth their time.

At least they made a different character of him, and not Jetfire:the upgrade!

Ok you're right! But couldn't they at least done a head remold?
I mean, just at what it did for Blurr!
"Can you get this Vacuum cleaner to f*ck this cake?", Uncle Grandfather; Perfect Hair Forever
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Ok you're right! But couldn't they have at least done a head remold?
I mean, just look at what it did for Blurr!

Yeah, but Jetfire's head looks awesome.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by tahukanuva
I'll call him "Firejet":p Ooh, Sky Shadow, that'll make the Fanboys who wanted a new Octane mad, despite the fact that they can call him whatever the heck they want.
You're damn straight it will! Where's Wildrider? I need a posse with grenades and picket signs to accompany me to Rhode Island...

I mean.

Neato. The maroon and deep gray look really good, but I'm not so sure about the gold.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Originally posted by Reflector
Where's Wildrider? I need a posse with grenades and picket signs to accompany me to Rhode Island...

Right with you gold leader!!

Sorry did someone say 'Octane'? How class is that, look at the size of him now! The repaint looks really funky IMO, purple is far better than thunderbird green. Having being quietly impressed with some of the Cybertron figures I've picked up thus far, Octane will be mine. He's just like Han Solo you know in season three etc etc.

On the bad side it's another repaint, buy on the plus side, it's Octane!

Did I mention I love Octane?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Update: Wing Saber too.

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&a ... 00&start=0

I'm hoping that Cybertron Wing Saber can move more than just it's arms at the elbows.

Originally posted by Wildrider
Right with you gold leader!!

Sorry did someone say 'Octane'? How class is that, look at the size of him now! The repaint looks really funky IMO, purple is far better than thunderbird green. Having being quietly impressed with some of the Cybertron figures I've picked up thus far, Octane will be mine. He's just like Han Solo you know in season three etc etc.

On the bad side it's another repaint, buy on the plus side, it's Octane!

Did I mention I love Octane?

Actually it's Sky Shadow not Octane :p
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ok you're right! But couldn't they at least done a head remold?
I mean, just at what it did for Blurr!

Well, they had used the mold twice all ready, and being a deluxe mold, it was probably a lot easier to recuperate the cost of the mold. Remolding the head would only add to the enormous cost that they haven't recovered yet.

We're really lucky. Hasbro hardly ever makes new vehicles for star wars because they don't think they'll recover the cost. They only really got new ones because it's a movie year. Otherwise, it's repaint city.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Am glad it isn't Octane , now if they did it in white with fake airline logo maybe in purple , that I can seeworking. Its not that much of a stretch it would be similar to all the airliners that were converted to bombers and vice versa in WW2.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Wingsaber's color scheme is quite different from his Galaxy Force counterpart, I think.

Looks cool though:up:
DVN
Protoform

Post by DVN »

didn't we get a couple of recolored energon combiner limbs like this guy ?
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Actually it's Sky Shadow not Octane :p

No WayzzorZ!!!

We'll just see about that, I can call him Octane if I want to, I just got a little carried away with Reflector's call to arms......:(
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

That sounds like quitter talk to me, quitter! You're never getting that Alternators Octane with Abdul Fakkadi Mini-Con partner with an attitude like that! Now pick up that pitchfork and let's go impale some executives and secretaries until our requirements for playthings of the appropriate nomenclature are met!

Come on, can we be the only true disciples in this whole place? Where is your courage, people!
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Originally posted by Reflector
That sounds like quitter talk to me, quitter! You're never getting that Alternators Octane with Abdul Fakkadi Mini-Con partner with an attitude like that! Now pick up that pitchfork and let's go impale some executives and secretaries until our requirements for playthings of the appropriate nomenclature are met!

Sir yes Sir!!! Lets go and fork up those executives, while we're there I want a BW green 'Cosmos' repaint of Optimus Primal!

You have to ask yourselves brothers and sisters, do we get what we want? Or do we learn to want what we get?

Revolution! Unless you make a stand now and bombard nonplussed stereotypical excecutive types with cries of 'Octane Rulez' we'll never amount to anything. Sure we'll go to jail, but we're doing this for the kids!

Can we take your truck, mines in the shop?
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

wicked:) can't wait for them
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

Naming a toy Octane is like naming a toy Natural Gas or Methane...It's just silly. Hello, I am fuel source!

Name a Transformer "Energon".

Sky Shadow is an awesome name.

As for the comment above about the head remold. What did it do for Blurr? It gave him a giant head with a silly looking face that isn't a convincing upgrade from his Armada design, which is who this character is.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Bodycount
Naming a toy Octane is like naming a toy Natural Gas or Methane...It's just silly. Hello, I am fuel source!

Name a Transformer "Energon".

Sky Shadow is an awesome name.

As for the comment above about the head remold. What did it do for Blurr? It gave him a giant head with a silly looking face that isn't a convincing upgrade from his Armada design, which is who this character is.

They were going to name it that because there was a G1 triple-changer named Octane who transformed into a TANKER-TRUCK and a jet-liner. But you are correct, Octane does not make much sense for a bomber. They only wanted to name it Octane to make fanboys drool and buy more toys.;)