Binaltech Wildrider's color scheme revealed

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Binaltech Wildrider's color scheme revealed

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . maybe I'll pick up decepticharge (I'll call him Dragstrip, thank you very much . . .) and get a replacement barrel . . .
Civ

Post by Civ »

I like the car mode, but what the Hell were they thinking with the colors of that robot mode? I'll still get the BT version since I want a complete BT collection, but I'll also get the Alternator Decepticharge and a gun barrel. I just may have to repaint that BT version though since it's...well...rather ugly.

EDIT: Besides, it will also give me two new Decepticons to help balance out the factions a bit better.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Hmmm . . . maybe I'll pick up decepticharge (I'll call him Dragstrip, thank you very much . . .) and get a replacement barrel . . .

In my mind he is Drap Strip and the name Decepticharge will never stick. Need to find a replacement barrel for both of them now ...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Car mode looks absolutely gorgeous. In robot mode the car colours don't clash very well. Purple with the silver shoulders is a bit yuckish, but original.

I'm so getting him. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Only thing that really sucks is the head, and the head being on a stick...
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

ooo, I like the colors. guess ill have to get him and dragstrip. then its two more stunitcons to go, lol.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by Ranma
ooo, I like the colors. guess ill have to get him and dragstrip. then its two more stunitcons to go, lol.
What are you talking about...just remove Wheeljack's autobot sybols and paint over his liscense plate and you've got another hijacked Autobot body...and the first stunticon with the correct colors, Breakdown. :)

Their choices are really odd sometimes:

Sunstreaker -> Dead End (but with Wildrider's original color scheme)
Trailbreaker -> Swindle (original color scheme)
Wheeljack -> Breakdown's original color scheme
Windcharger -> Decepticharge (but with Drag Strip's original color scheme)
Windcharger -> Wildrider (but with funky acid trip color scheme)
Overdrive -> Windcharger (only to actually make a windcharger version of the car later, give it Drag Strip's colors, and call it Decepticharge...or paint it silver with gold and purple body parts and call him Wildrider) :wtf:

So yeah...I think I'll second Nevermore's "OMGWTF" comment. :)

So...is there any Decepticon out there with this color scheme? It looks very strange but oddly familiar for some reason.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Brimstone
So...is there any Decepticon out there with this color scheme? It looks very strange but oddly familiar for some reason.

The color scheme kinda reminds me of RiD Megatron from the following website.

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Predacon/Megatron/megatron.htm

Though I never owned the toy, so I can't do a hands-on comparison.

Energon Sharkticon's color scheme also looks very similar.

http://www.tfu.info/2004/Decepticon/Sha ... kticon.htm
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by Civ
The color scheme kinda reminds me of RiD Megatron from the following website.
I don't have any of my DW stuff handy but...who were the Decepticons that ran arough with Bludgeon? Wasn't Mindwipe one of them...and I thought there was one more. For some reason, this guy is making me think of Bludgeon, but I don't know why (I looked up that character on http://www.tfu.info and he certainly doesn't look like this). I wondered if I'm thinking of someone else. Maybe it's just the flame look around the head that is making me think about the Fallen. <shrugs>
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Brimstone
I don't have any of my DW stuff handy but...who were the Decepticons that ran arough with Bludgeon? Wasn't Mindwipe one of them...and I thought there was one more. For some reason, this guy is making me think of Bludgeon, but I don't know why (I looked up that character on http://www.tfu.info and he certainly doesn't look like this). I wondered if I'm thinking of someone else. Maybe it's just the flame look around the head that is making me think about the Fallen. <shrugs>
At a guess, it could be that certain parts of Wild Rider look like parts of Bludgeon's armor. I don't own any of the DW stuff, but I somewhat remember reading those Marvel comic scans. IIRC, Bludgeon had rather large shoulder pads and those flaps around his waist. Wild Rider also has some rather large shoulders and the flaps around his lower legs may be triggerring something to remind you of Bludgeon. It also seems that he uses a lot of the same colors as Wild Rider.

Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I actually like that. I think it's the more cybertronian/alien feel that I like. Too bad the head seems too small.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by Civ
At a guess, it could be that certain parts of Wild Rider look like parts of Bludgeon's armor.
Maybe so...but my only exposure to Bludgeon and his crew of...three?...is in DW's War Within series (so that would have been his pre-pretender days). I'll just have to check that stuff when I get home, I guess...and the MTMTE books. Maybe I can figure out what it is that this is bringing to mind...

Thanks for the help, Civ.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Except for the bright yellow, I like it. Still have reservations about the neck though.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

One colour in robot mode really needs to go. It's just that purple and gold AND yellow look awful with the silver shoulders. And purple on a face surrounded by a yellow and black helmet...really busy.

I like the car mode a lot. And I also like decepticharge's variation to this one. He might be the first alternator I buy :laugh:
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

I'm probably in the minority here, but I like the colours. Purple, silver and gold - yum!
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Blitzwing, is that you?

Alt. mode looks plain and boring.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Interesting. If Wildrider isn't available as an Alternator, I'm actually going to have to suck it in and actually shell out the money for a Binaltech.

His coloration does sort of resemble Krok's, who acted as Bludgeon's second-in-command during the last few issues of the Marvel comic.
Quoth Brimstone:
I don't have any of my DW stuff handy but...who were the Decepticons that ran arough with Bludgeon? Wasn't Mindwipe one of them...and I thought there was one more.
Mindwipe and Bugly, along with Bludgeon, formed the Chaos Trinity during The Dark Ages. They split up afterwards.
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Posted by Denyer
Only thing that really sucks is the head, and the head being on a stick...

I agree entirely.

Aside from the silver, he could just about pass as "Binaltech Skywarp" (with a bit of imagination...). I'll pay to get both versions of this sucker.
wreckie
Protoform

Post by wreckie »

Originally posted by Roadstripe

Mindwipe and Bugly, along with Bludgeon, formed the Chaos Trinity during The Dark Ages. They split up afterwards.

Yes, they did. To pursue solo careers. Sadly, only Bludgeon's albums did very well. You can still pick up Bugly CD's in the bargain bins at your local Virgin Megastore. ;)