Allspark casting rumors [plus a bit of confirmation]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Allspark casting rumors

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.allspark.com/modules.php?nam ... e&sid=2281
Sam - teenage male, somewhat nerdy, but ultimately heroic.

Miguela Barns - teenage female, Sam's love interest.

Cpt William Lennicks - 30s male, leader of the military.

Maggie - female, really hot, really smart, works as a codebreaker for the government.

John Kellar - 50's/60's male, US Secretary of State.

Glen Whitman - 20's male, technogeek, comic relief.

We've also been told that Shia LaBeouf has been cast in the role of Sam. With the recent rumour regarding Shia LeBeouf's casting in another Michael Bay film, draw your own conclusions (think "Blue Harvest").
According to what Omnicron, who appears to have talked to Don Murphy in real life, said:
http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/s ... eadid=9206
Some of it IS true.
EDIT: More.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/trans ... hp?id=4064
Scooper 'zminusx' tells us that a new casting call was just posted at NYCastings.com under the codename "Prime Directive":

'Prime Directive'- Seeking M/F talent for various roles in Dreamworks/Paramount feature film
Project Type: Feature Film
Union Status: Non Union, SAG, SAG-Eligible
Pay Scale: SAG Scale
Submissions must be received by: 4/13/2006

Send this job notice to a friend
"PRIME DIRECTIVE"
Feature Film
DREAMWORKS/PARAMOUNT
SAG & NON-SAG
Exec. Producers: Steven Spielberg & Michael Bay
Producers: Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Ian Bryce, Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto
Director: Michael Bay
Start Date: May 22, 2006

Both SAG and Non-SAG talent will be auditioned for this project. Please only submit if you fit the given descriptions exactly.

Seeking:
Officer Jorge Figueroa AKA "FIG": 20's, Male, Dominican by way of the Louisiana Bayou. Chief Warrant officer in the Army. Spirited fellow who loves to sing. Close team member of Lennox.
Glen's Grandma: Female, African-American, 50's/60's/70's. A bit off her rocker. This feisty Grandma keeps tabs on what Glen is up to (2 scenes).
Mr. Hosney: Male. Caucasian. 40's. Sam's History teacher. Bored, over it kind of guy (1 scene).
Big Rhonda: Female, African-American, 30's/40's. Feisty, assertive pawn shop owner (1 scene).
Bobby Bolivia: Male. 30's/40's. Any ethnicity. This guy could sell ice to an Eskimo. Tries to get Sam to buy a car. Your typical wheelin' dealin' used car salesman (1 scene).
Mahfouz: 13 years old, Bedouin boy. (Bedouin is an Arab of any of the nomadic tribes of the Arabian, Syrian, Nubian, or Sahara deserts). He loves chocolate and gets excited when the soldiers bring him some. He lives in a Village close to where Lennox and his team are stationed, and has befriended the soldiers.

All submissions MUST contain email addresses because appointments will be given via email.

Please read these directions carefully:
1. Place a post-it-note with the name of the project and character you are submitting for on the front of your picture.
2. Make sure your email address is on your resume. All appointments will be given out via email. We will not be able to call you in if we do not have your email address.
3. Mail your picture/resume so that it is received NO LATER THAN Wednesday, April 12th.

Use First Class US Post Office only. Do NOT send overnight packages or anything that requires a signature. Do not drop your picture off at our office.

Only US mail submissions will be accepted.

Please send hardcopy submissions to:
ATTN: PRIME DIRECTIVE (the name of the role you are submitting yourself for)
Mitchell/Rudolph Casting
70 West 36th Street Suite 1006
New York, NY 10018 A

ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS, EMAILS, DROP OFFS OR PICTURE FAXES TO OUR OFFICE PLEASE.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Thought the title was referring to members of the Allspark being cast, for a moment...
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

That is quite a large cast of humans....why do I have this sinking feeling of dread in my soul? Prime Directive? Human comedy relief? Really hot female codebreakers? Human love interests?

:wall:

Why couldn't this movie be directed by Bryan Singer? You know a director with talent. Someone that can do serious art films AND make popcorn fluff like the X-Men into an EVENT! Seriously Michael Bay? Has this man EVER had a hit? Every movie I've seen of his, I've wanted to write to him and demand he refund not only my ticket cost, but also compensate me for my lost time.

I'm going to go cry now. Sigh.
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Ford DeceptiFocus
That is quite a large cast of humans....

Six humans to about a dozen Transformers, what a huge cast of humans!!!

As long as the Transformers still have the limelight in the movie, I don't care how many humans there are.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

From teh Don:

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/s ... post467938
Miguela is not a name in the script nor is Lennicks- this guy spells like TurdTurdTurdTurdTurdTurdTurd/Pavel
The GHX

Post by The GHX »

Originally posted by Ford DeceptiFocus
That is quite a large cast of humans....why do I have this sinking feeling of dread in my soul? Prime Directive? Human comedy relief? Really hot female codebreakers? Human love interests?

Me agree .... we lucky, rumor had been partially dismissed. Again and forerer remember: this is Transformer the movie ...
"huge cast": probably not large in number, but a great number compared to a dozen of robot.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by The GHX
this is Transformer the movie ...
"huge cast": probably not large in number

Well, one, apparently. Gotta love that line of logic, regardless of the highlighted typo.

"It's called Spider-Man, so therefore the amount of Spider-Men in the cast should heavily outnumber the amount of people who aren't Spider-Man"

"You realise that means it's just going to be a one man movie?"

Because, y'know, I can really see having three military people in the film being a ridiculous weight away from the Transformers cast. Those are obviously going to be huge, screentime hogging roles, considering the huge amount of concrete information contained in the posts. Aside from the minor quibble that they'd still be outnumbered by the Transformers cast, never mind whether they're actually going to be doing everything.

Do some of you actually want this thing to be ****? I can see some of the posters here now, smiles on their faces, hands down the front of their pants praying for a human-heavy Bay-fest full of comic relief.
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

I read most of the linked thread...
Its mind blowing how much people complain about things (such as character names) that will in no way effect the quality of the movie. I am not sure I have ever seen so many fanboys in one place.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'm just going to turn up and see the thing at some point, presuming I don't read astoundingly bad reviews.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Okay...here's the thing. Why X-Men worked with such a large cast is that the characters were developed reasonably. But if you have roughly 12 transformers and 6 humans...that IS a huge cast to develop in 90-120mins. Each page of a screenplay translates to approximately one minute of screen time. How can you adequartly develop 18 characters non-fans will care about in 90-120 mins? You can't. It's impossible. Instead what you'll get are half-way or semi-developed characters and a plot-driven or FX-driven movie.

Now before one of you smart asses tell me that a giant robot movie is bound to have lots of special FX--I'll just say in advance, that I am aware of this. But special FX should NEVER drive a movie--it should support the script.
:rolleyes:

And Cliffjumper, of course there have to be humans in Spiderman. It's called SpiderMAN for a reason. If it was called Spiderformer, I might have been upset with it. But as it stands, the Spiderman series is probably the smartest superhero movie series ever made, followed VERY VERY closely by the X-Men series. Now, I might settle for more humans if they changes the title to "TransMan"--but then I think we're dealing with a subject matter that might not be appropriate for kids. LOL. :D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

LOL. Christ.

Bollocks that the X-Men films developed a number of characters. The films traded heavily on the thumbnail bios most people know (Wolverine - has claws, bit of a tosser; Magneto, basically sound but misguided etc.) and then concentrated alrgely on a couple of characters. Most of the X-Men come across as cyphers - so far, there's nothing to movie Cyclops beyond that Wolverine thinks he's a dick; nothing more to Storm than she's black and does stuff with lightning; Hell, they even totally changed Mystique so she's a tactiturn weapon for Magneto. I don't care that it's nothing like the comic (for one, I have the comics, why should I give a toss about the movies anyway?), but the idea that the X-Movie cast is a bunch of well-rounded three-dimensional characters is laughable.

It's what we'll have for Transformers, though. Maybe four Bots and two, three Cons getting much development in, the rest will be character sketches to pad out the sides. Any more than that, and the characters will be difficult to 'learn' for cinemagoers, or there won't be time for anything more than character development. And the end of the day, a decent plot is king.

The central thing is we don't know how big a part most of those rumoured <AMG Tick for Key Word> human parts are going to really do much. The US Secretary of State's role could consist of picking up the phone a couple of times and going "There are giant robots in Washington? Goddammit, call out the marines!". The technogeek could just deliver 3 minutes' worth of infodump, a necessary evil so we don't have Transformers telling each other stuff they already know. So all this "OMG 18 charactors what the ****?" crap is pointless fanboy jibberish from the start.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
LOL. Christ.

....but the idea that the X-Movie cast is a bunch of well-rounded three-dimensional characters is laughable.
I never said 3-dimensional...I said developed. There is a difference. Of course the X-Men was not Gone with the Wind, or the Godfather, but for a comic book movie, it did what it needed to. We got to see back stories on a few of the characters. Not all...but a few. We understood their motivations. What drove them to certain actions. But I do see your point, a few things in the movie was just given to us with a prayer that we accept them on blind faith.
And the end of the day, a decent plot is king.

Plot IS king. American cinema is rapidly declining with respect to box office. Let's be honest, lately most of the stuff coming out of the studios has been complete and utter crap. There were a few winners last year, but again, most was crap.
So all this "OMG 18 charactors what the ****?" crap is pointless fanboy jibberish from the start.

Well not quite the start...I think I was the 10th person to respond (roughly). :laugh:
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Huh...I guess the Witwicki's have been written out of it?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Brimstone
Huh...I guess the Witwicki's have been written out of it?

Were they ever written into it?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Sam "Spike" Witwicky.
The GHX

Post by The GHX »

"It's called Spider-Man, so therefore the amount of Spider-Men in the cast should heavily outnumber the amount of people who aren't Spider-Man"

"You realise that means it's just going to be a one man movie?"
? Despite the fact that only one Spiderman appear in the movie, the rest of the cast is developed in (their respective) relation with Spiderman ... even Peter Parker is developed as the Man behind the Mask, as his life progress from nerd to desperate child to adult hero, or Mary Jane when he dismissed Harry Osborn and fall in love with Spiderman while Peter fall in love with the woman - not the superhero fans - and then .... watch the movie

Xmen bios were developed in a promo comic that form (marketing-wise) the prequel of the first movie - just read it.

sorry for typo
Angelophile
Protoform

Post by Angelophile »

And humans will be developed in their respective relation to the Transformers too.

So I don't see the point.

Also, nothing to indicate this is an accurate list, a true list, a complete list or even how large a role anyone plays. I mean, the comic relief character could be in the movie for about 5 minutes. "Sam" could be in it for about ten.

Don's dismissed this as being a true or accurate list anyway, but it's a general point that a lot of humans doesn't necessarily mean a lot of screen time.
The GHX

Post by The GHX »

Originally posted by Angelophile
And humans will be developed in their respective relation to the Transformers too.
..... Hope you are true ....
Originally posted by Angelophile
Don's dismissed this as being a true or accurate list anyway, but it's a general point that a lot of humans doesn't necessarily mean a lot of screen time.

The point is that i prefer a movie centered on robot battling each other more than another "US governement conspiracy", that could appear to be planned ... since Don itself stated that the movie will be focused on human character

as usual, the use of bold or italic tags is not casual.
The GHX

Post by The GHX »

Shia Labeouf as Sam rumors resurfaced at IGN.com

IGN also include this link in their article http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2 ... mours.html
NerdcoreSteve
Protoform

Post by NerdcoreSteve »

I think the fear here is that the film makers don't trust the bots to carry the film and that they'll put too much screen time on the human characters. I think it's a valid concern. The reason most of us want the movie to happen is so we'll see the bots as stars of a movie. Frankly I don't trust those guys enough that they're actually going to do that.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I have my doubts.
Robots Robots Robots
a 3D animated web series featuring robots at war
http://robotsrobotsrobots.libsyn.com/