FANS CELEBRATE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF DANIEL WITWICKY

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Weekly World Transformers

FANS CELEBRATE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF DANIEL WITWICKY

Post by Weekly World Transformers »

Fans around the world have celebrated the 30th anniversary of the release of the original Transformers movie in cinemas in 1986. Fondly remembered for nearly destroying the franchise by writing out all of the characters anyone liked and replacing them with new toys devised by coke-addled executives, for exposing many children to the upset of Stan Bush and for featuring an excessively bored number of celebrity voices, many of whom have since died of shame. A wide number of eighties kids have fond memories of the film, largely due to having last seen it on a worn Tempo VHS during a wet summer holiday in 1989.

Many have celebrated by watching one of the dozen or so DVD releases and making light of the obvious plagiarism from Star Wars, spotting Gears in the background and pretending Optimus Prime's death doesn't have any affect on them anymore before switching off about when Starscream blows up and putting Stranger Things on instead.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I grew up with the Marvel comic and since one of the few issues I owned was Dark Star!, it did seriously colour my expectations of not only the comic but the franchise as a whole.

So all those people who still bitch about Optimus Prime dying can suck it.
tfforlife12

Post by tfforlife12 »

this gives me tears as a tf fan.