Beginning a big clearout...

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Cliffjumper

Beginning a big clearout...

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/bluestoneridge/m.html

Omnibots! Gobots! Other stuff when I get my arse in gear, space needed. PM if anyone's interested in anything, deals can be made. Willing to take DVDs as part-ex as that's what I'd be spending any cash on - wishlist here (though I'm pretty pernickety about covers).
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, I can definitely bung a spare copy of The Omega Man your way (well worth it just for when Chuck sits down for dinner dressed like Jon Pertwee), but as there's nothing I'd want in return it'd mainly be adding to your clutter rather than clearing it out...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah, and I still owe you Infernal Affairs. I just haven't been home since I mentioned it!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Got any Kreo or Kreons you are looking to move on, Clifford old boy?
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Omnibots! Bugger that someone's already bid on Camshaft.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:Well, I can definitely bung a spare copy of The Omega Man your way (well worth it just for when Chuck sits down for dinner dressed like Jon Pertwee), but as there's nothing I'd want in return it'd mainly be adding to your clutter rather than clearing it out...
Would be happy to bung a couple of quid instead.
Auntie Slag wrote:Yeah, and I still owe you Infernal Affairs. I just haven't been home since I mentioned it!
Charidee shop did provide in the end, old bean. Corking film
Clay wrote:Omnibots! Bugger that someone's already bid on Camshaft.
If you're after him or them bids can disappear, though I've got half a dozen watchers on each so no idea what I'd really be after. My impression was always that they were relatively common your side of the Atlantic...
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote:Would be happy to bung a couple of quid instead.
I'll have a proper look through your list later to see what else I might have.

In terms of Gobots, though I doubt he'll be one you'll be moving on it would actually be kind of fun to reacquire Psycho if you do decide to sell him.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote: If you're after him or them bids can disappear, though I've got half a dozen watchers on each so no idea what I'd really be after. My impression was always that they were relatively common your side of the Atlantic...
Possibly... let me research them when I get home. But the thought to get them all at once from a friend is better than collecting them piecemeal in spurts.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Additional research reveals that they are indeed cheaply and readily available here. I shall temper my immediate enthusiasm and recommend you to sell them at the fair market rate for the UK. Cheers! :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:
In terms of Gobots, though I doubt he'll be one you'll be moving on it would actually be kind of fun to reacquire Psycho if you do decide to sell him.
Yeh, Psycho's a keeper, definitely. I'm mainly moving on the ones I don't like; this isn't an "oh my God I need money" thing, it's more of an "I never look at this stuff and I really like money" thing.

Rough list is as follows: Super Cy-Kill & Leader-1, Staks, Warpath, some of the 1986 Super Gobots (Spy Eye, Night Fright, Super Couper, Clutch, Raizor), the Wendy's figures, Apollo Robo, Van Guard, Bladez, Bugsie, Bullseye, Dart, Small Foot, Klaws, Hornet, Pumper, Good Knight and some of the inferior variants like the white-chested Water Walk, blue Night Ranger or the red Street Heat. I'm hanging on to basically everything from the line I'd actually recommend because I do actually have quite a few Gobots on display.

I'm also kind-of curious to see what Gobots fetch. There's a following but at the same time it's possibly small enough that there's enough of the figures left to go around.
Clay wrote:Additional research reveals that they are indeed cheaply and readily available here. I shall temper my immediate enthusiasm and recommend you to sell them at the fair market rate for the UK. Cheers! :)
As with anything Diaclone it's worth shopping around for top condition stuff, but a lot cheaper with the Omnis. I like them but they've been in a box for about two years and - as I never knew they existed until about 2002 - don't have the nostalgia pull that justifies the Autobot cars (though they'll probably be going as long as Masterpiece progresses... currently resisting the urge to do it piecemeal, partly because I doubt I'm the only one with the idea - the best time to pick up a G1 Wheeljack is likely to be a month after the MP hits).
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Rough list is as follows: Super Cy-Kill & Leader-1, Staks, Warpath, some of the 1986 Super Gobots (Spy Eye, Night Fright, Super Couper, Clutch, Raizor), the Wendy's figures, Apollo Robo, Van Guard, Bladez, Bugsie, Bullseye, Dart, Small Foot, Klaws, Hornet, Pumper, Good Knight and some of the inferior variants like the white-chested Water Walk, blue Night Ranger or the red Street Heat. I'm hanging on to basically everything from the line I'd actually recommend because I do actually have quite a few Gobots on display.
The two Gobots at the top of the list for me are Pathfinder and Snoop. I believe I had a Pathfinder back in the day, and Snoop just looks like an ace design from the Blackbird. I'd also like to re-complete the Puzzler I had as a kid (I have about three of them now... dunno what happened to the other half). And Monstrous is intriguing just because it's so weird. Part of what's rekindled the interest is finding a Jeepers Creepers and Fly Trap at a local flea market a few months ago. But now I'm rambling...
As with anything Diaclone it's worth shopping around for top condition stuff, but a lot cheaper with the Omnis. I like them but they've been in a box for about two years and - as I never knew they existed until about 2002 - don't have the nostalgia pull that justifies the Autobot cars (though they'll probably be going as long as Masterpiece progresses... currently resisting the urge to do it piecemeal, partly because I doubt I'm the only one with the idea - the best time to pick up a G1 Wheeljack is likely to be a month after the MP hits).
Ooh, good idea about Wheeljack. Yeah, I had a Camshaft as a kid, and I believe I have an incomplete Downshift now that's a bit yellowed. Never had Overdrive, though. Part of it is a nostalgia kick... I bought an Encore Devastator a few weeks ago, and it actually took me back to that original sense of wonder. I've got other reissues, but none quite tickled me like Devastator did.
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote: Leader-1, Apollo Robo,
I'd be very tempted by those, I had Super Leader-1 as a kid (well, alright, it might have been normal Leader-1 and I was just smaller, but the advantage is this will still be in the right scale) and Apollo Robo just looks cool. Obviously the later is a super rare one and thus is likely to be out of my price range, but roughly what would you be looking for?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:The two Gobots at the top of the list for me are Pathfinder and Snoop. I believe I had a Pathfinder back in the day, and Snoop just looks like an ace design from the Blackbird. I'd also like to re-complete the Puzzler I had as a kid (I have about three of them now... dunno what happened to the other half). And Monstrous is intriguing just because it's so weird. Part of what's rekindled the interest is finding a Jeepers Creepers and Fly Trap at a local flea market a few months ago. But now I'm rambling...
Pathfinder might be on the list (the one above is the stuff I've got photographed) but Snoop's smashing and staying; if you're after one search European listings (including Sky Spy, the initial UK name), he/she was just a standard release.

Puzzler's good fun for being both retro and totally different to what Transformers was doing despite being made at about the same time. A couple of big brainfarts (that lightbar connection, the undersized head) but overall rather good. Monstrous is nice combined with a few neat touches but the look and the individuals don't do much for me.
I bought an Encore Devastator a few weeks ago, and it actually took me back to that original sense of wonder. I've got other reissues, but none quite tickled me like Devastator did.
I actually really like the asymmetry of the original Devastator. There's nothing like him in the line or any other and the variance on the Constructicons is excellent.
inflatable dalek wrote:I'd be very tempted by those, I had Super Leader-1 as a kid (well, alright, it might have been normal Leader-1 and I was just smaller, but the advantage is this will still be in the right scale) and Apollo Robo just looks cool. Obviously the later is a super rare one and thus is likely to be out of my price range, but roughly what would you be looking for?
Apollo I'd probably part with for about £30-ish. He's rare but not super-duper-uper rare as he was reissued in Japan and also seems to have come out very briefly in Europe. The Super Leader One would probably be a fiver + p&p (which might be a little bit... there's a surprising amount of heft and he'd need to be carefully packed). My one's in good nick on the whole but has the usual ****ed stickers, though you could always just peel them off as the smaller one and the cartoon version were pretty much bare.

It's definitely the best Leader-1 but the smaller Cy-Kill's much better than the Super Cy-Kill and I want a scale display of the main guys
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote: Apollo I'd probably part with for about £30-ish. He's rare but not super-duper-uper rare as he was reissued in Japan and also seems to have come out very briefly in Europe. The Super Leader One would probably be a fiver + p&p (which might be a little bit... there's a surprising amount of heft and he'd need to be carefully packed).

Blimey, I was assuming about £30 for Leader 1 by himself (I mean, he's Leader 1! The man, the legend, the hero), so that's an excellent deal on both of those. When you've a chance to work out the postage just PM the total.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Considering anyone buying from you who does a quick google to double check what the toys might be like is almost certainly going to wind up on your website, have you considered sneakilly changing all the relevant reviews to five star ones?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No worries... Yeh, I'm not looking for a fortune for most of them. Gobots is one of those annoying lines where most of the pricey ones (Defendor, Tailpipe, Snoop, Mini Cooper, Double Decker) tend to be among the best figures.

Most of the rest don't tend to be expensive per se, it's more a case of shopping around to end up with good examples. They tend to wear rather than break which means the perfectly good-looking figure you buy could end up being a floppy mess and have to repurchase.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek

Coming up with a "You do not have permission to view this album" page.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ooops, bloody Google. Try now :)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Could I call dibs on Stinger & Vanguard?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Pathfinder might be on the list (the one above is the stuff I've got photographed) but Snoop's smashing and staying; if you're after one search European listings (including Sky Spy, the initial UK name), he/she was just a standard release.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I was petitioning for your Snoop; I just meant it in a general conversational way. However I am delighted to see the opportunity to snag the three Robo Machine Combinators though! I've been pining for those (primarily the helicopter transport) for a long while now, pretty much exclusively because your reviews of them. What say you?