[Bits concerning double posting removed from Movie Chat]

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
inflatable dalek

Re: Brendecon

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by onslaughtforever
I think I have it. The best way for me to understand is using the analogy of James Bond. Would that work?

I am thinking, however, that when there is new spy for the english version of the CIA they name the new spy Jame Bond as a code name basicly. You follow? Am I on the right track?

Nope, James Bond has never been a code-name given to different agents. He's a fictional character who's happened to be played by different actors and for no apparent reason doesn't age the same as the rest of us (something his creator started in the books where Bond is still the same age in his penultimate adventure as he was in his first a decade earlier). Within the films there's lots of internal evidence that Pierce Brosnan is supposed to be the same guy as Sean Connery.

And the British equiverlent to the CIA is MI6, also called the SIS (Secret Inteligence Service).

Oh, and double/triple posts are generally frowned upon.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
onslaughtforever
Protoform

Re: Re: Brendecon

Post by onslaughtforever »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Nope, James Bond has never been a code-name given to different agents. He's a fictional character who's happened to be played by different actors and for no apparent reason doesn't age the same as the rest of us (something his creator started in the books where Bond is still the same age in his penultimate adventure as he was in his first a decade earlier). Within the films there's lots of internal evidence that Pierce Brosnan is supposed to be the same guy as Sean Connery.

And the British equiverlent to the CIA is MI6, also called the SIS (Secret Inteligence Service).

Oh, and double/triple posts are generally frowned upon.

I did not know that James Bond was supposed to be the same dude. I also did not know responding to posts more than once or twice was frowned upon. I guess responding to posts in a polite manner was not right of me. I also guess responding to a thread twice or 3 times where two people are engaged in a forum topic was wrong. I can't win.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It says about the multiple posting in the rules you agreed to when you signed up. I can't see anywhere in my original post where I said you shouldn't be polite.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Dalek is trying to tell you to respond to multiple people in one post. A new reply is not needed for each person, it makes the board look untidy and is slightly annoying to boot.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If it's a long reply to each about separate subjects it's fine though... just one of those common sense things...