Rumour: Ravage in the movie?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
muscle22
Protoform

Ravage in the movie?

Post by muscle22 »

Posted on the Don Murphy forum the other day and immediately had my post closed.

. I mentioned that I was pretty sure that Vortex helicopter that we have heard about was actually Soundwave and that I figured from what I have read that he has minions that he ejects out of him. I also heard that he emits a loud high pitch tone in one scene. That sounds a lot like Soundwave to me. The big reason I think it was pulled was because I think I stumbled on the fact that ravage is in the movie. I think he is the transformer that is being called Skorpinok.

This is from the scene early in the movie where he is attempting to steal info from the government. Again that’s pretty much what Soundwave is known for. And ravage would be sent in to actually make a hard connection for him be fore he is cut off by one of the military character.

Can’t think of another reason that they would close the post so fast unless I was right. It was closed down within 30 minutes.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The helicopter was originally intended to be Soundwave. That's why he has minions.

Then the Geewun extremists started complaining "SOUNDWAVE CANT BE A HELOCOPTER THIS IS NOT GEEWUN CHANGE THAT OR I WILL BOYCOT THE MOVIE".

And then Hasbro asked for Soundwave to be some sort of musical equiment. Which led to "Kennywave". And the helicopter was renamed into "Vortex" to please the fans.

Only, y'know, the "new" Soundwave didn't please them either.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If they'd have a lot of threads on one topic, they may simply have closed some to keep discussion in a few places.

Wasn't there mention of a large metal scorpion somewhere?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Then the Geewun extremists started complaining "SOUNDWAVE CANT BE A HELOCOPTER THIS IS NOT GEEWUN CHANGE THAT OR I WILL BOYCOT THE MOVIE".

Oh, for goodness' sakes, helicopters make a lot of noise! All they would've had to do would be to make the helicoptor make a distinct, uniquely different sound, and it'd close enough of a connection to the name to work.
muscle22
Protoform

Post by muscle22 »

Think all that stuff as Soundwave as a boom box is a red herring. After all if you look at all the rumors they let run wild on the Murphy website about that weird that they would close my post so fast.

In fact I think a lot of what was officially given to us as information is just a bunch of crap to throw people off.

After hearing the writer tell us a bit about what he is doing, he has actually settled my fears about this being a horrible movie. Sounds like he is a big of fan as we are, and they are listening to him.