The New Ultimate Bumblebee Is Official. I Got It Tonite

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
TonyG
Protoform

The New Ultimate Bumblebee Is Official. I Got It Tonite

Post by TonyG »

Whaddup yall!!!

Whutz really Hood!!! This is Tony Grant. one of the newest members to TF archive and hardcore Transformers fan since '83...(I aint tellin yall my age) Its good to finally be down with a community serious about the Transformers Universe like myself...

Anyway, I been husslin' all the stores lately for all the Transformers movie edition waves that have been releasing since May....I basically got all of them so far, but NO JOKE yall, tonite I lucked out when I checked in Target and found they had 2 Ultimate Bumblebees left....WHHHATTT!!!???
I didnt even know they dropped yet. So many websites have been anticipating it to come out anytime from August to November--not to mention all the toy sites are doubling the price.

I was orginally goin' to pick up the variant Target exclusive edition of Arcee (the smaller blue motorbike) I have the other model already(movie model that was edited from the film)and I just happend to look further down to see they had the Ultimate Bumblebee.
Its pretty dope. Its the real damn thing and probably the most impressive Transformer replica yet in terms of features, personality and design. You have to hear this thing to believe it...you press the autobot insignia on his chest and his will eyes light up, his head will move, and he'll plays some pretty dope tunes as well...(I still love my 80's joints!!!)

Bumblebee even plays those weird but catchy songs from back in the 80's like "whip it good" and he even plays a snippet from the original Transformers theme song! His audio bites sound clear, and it doesnt sound washed out, cheap or gimmicky....This was a very well designed replica with good lighting and sound effects and neat colorization. He isnt overly bulky(for design purposes) and he fits his exact same movie replica and has the same complex detail structure as he did in the film...He actually makes that fuzzy radio sound as if he's channel surfin and makes some pretty cool generic "satellite radio" references...

Its size is pretty damn huge, and he fully Transformers into his 2009 Camaro concept edition. Hes got working headlights, engine sounds, and even makes the actual sounds of transformation as you transform him.

The only minus I would say is that I thought this model would be made of diecast. Its made from a pretty thick plastic--by far nothin cheap, but all the pictures I saw on the internet must have digitally enhanced the images to give it that shiny metallic look..but nonethaless, its still awesome, and I GOT IT!!! It's still in the box, brand new, and I will not sell it until I have another one to keep for myself...its incredible seeing this Bumblebee come to life like his film counterpart...I thought his film adaption was surprisingly excellent and creative. He had an incredible persona using music to communicate with Sam. (they took a cue from Wreck-Gar from the animated Transformers film) It was even dope to see Bumblee mixin' scratchin using some Hip Hop when Prime conducted his introduction..."Check on the rep--I'm second to none!"

DOPE. this model is a keeper. Holla at me ANYONE if you picked one up too...its 79.99 at Target and they are expected more in stock every wednesday during 6:00am shipment.

Peace!
Tony G.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Toy sightings usually go in the regular toys forum instead of news, so I've moved it.

I still don't know about this figure because of the pretty heavy price (I could get a Walmart Masterpiece Starscream with that money), but it sounds good.
TonyG
Protoform

Post by TonyG »

yeah I know, I cant believe I just overdosed like that too and bought Ultimate Bumblebee with no hesitation. That price is nuts! 80 bills? The Most I EVER dropped on a Transformer collectible....
But it was worth it. Its a collectors item for sure! I knew I would get it--I also picked up the 12" Cybertron Version of Megatron too right after that at Walmart. No lie. I never seen this one--looks like a bit like Galvatron though--by the helmet and color scheme. But I cant find that Starscream exclusive you mentioned at any Walmart at all! its killin me!
I need em all, man!
Usually when I sell a few beats I made, or even some albums(check me out on myspace.com/identitykrisis)
I take a lil' dough and go huntin for some collectibles...
Tony G.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Toy sightings usually go in the regular toys forum instead of news, so I've moved it.

I still don't know about this figure because of the pretty heavy price (I could get a Walmart Masterpiece Starscream with that money), but it sounds good.

It's better than the £79.99 it's going for over here! ($160)
Clay

Post by Clay »

I saw one at the store today.

I sat in the aisle and pressed the button for the sound clips. I was disappointed that it didn't play all the songs he actually used in the film.

Does make me wonder if there's a deleted scene involving "Whip It", though.
Pugnate
Protoform

Post by Pugnate »

TonyG, are you trying to talk like "Blaster" from the G1 cartoons? :P
G1Starscream
Protoform

Post by G1Starscream »

So how many of you guys have this toy by now? I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and I like it a lot, but I have some complaints and was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

The biggest issue is his "auto-aim and fire" feature. you press and hold a button on his hip and he raises his gun/arm, says something like "take this decepticons!", and then turns his head and shoots his little plastic missle. Thing is, half the time he just gets past the voice part and as he raises his arm to shoot he seems to get stuck or something, which makes the gears in his shoulder joint slip, and he starts twitching back and forth trying to raise his arm but can't correct whatever is going on inside.

Secondly, the package says he plays 9 song samples, but the only one I've ever heard is Devo's "Whip it"! I'm really starting to get sick of DEVO!:rant: