MOTU 200x line

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Wolfang

New MOTU Figures

Post by Wolfang »

I think this should be here, but what do I know? Anyway, thing is I have some of these (Panthor, Battle Cat, Skeletor, Beast Man and Stratos). I want to get some more, but all the online stores I've tried have them at either absurd prices or not at all. Can anyone help?
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Garand

Post by Garand »

sorry dude.. this is a Transformers Toy forum.. i'm gonna have to move this, as soon as i figure out where is best..
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

No problem; I said I thought this was where it went (toys topic). Sorry.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Awhile ago KB had a buy 1 get 1 free sale, that's where I got mine. Maybe they'll be another one at some point. I got He-man, Triclops, Trapjaw and Spin blade Skeletor that way, plus I have Skeletor's ram chariot.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Ugh, I still really want Man-at-arms and Triclops, but all they ever have at almost any store I go to is He-Man, Skeletor, and all their variants. I just finally got Trapjaw a few weeks ago.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Thtas nice guys, but I live in the UK. The problems I have with getting the figures from online stores are:
a)Some places charge like $30 (or more) a figure. For that price, I think their action feature should be cr*ppin out gold.
b)They don't ship to the UK.
c)They don't have any in stock.

I'm after finishing series 1 (which means He-Man, Man-At-Arms and Mer-Man), getting some of series 2 (Ram-Man, Mekaneck, Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw) and then check the rest as I go.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

So the new MOTU line isn't in the UK at all then?
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Apart from Skeletor and He-Man galore at Forbidden Planet... Auros try http://www.actionfiguresbygofigure.com/page46.html. Man-At Arms is $20 and Tri-Klops is $13. Now, if only I could find a Mer-Man for less than $40... has anybody seen that TRU exclusive two-pack? Wolf Armour He-Man Vs. Snake Armour Skeletor? As variants go, those ae good... now if only toysrus.com shipped to the UK...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

No, I'm not too keen on paying that much for the things, but had I any idea they'd be so rare...I'd probably have picked up some Mer-Man figures...

I've seen the snake and wolf armor variants, if you really want them, we could talk. If I see any of the other basic figures you're looking for, I'll pick them up for you if you're interested.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Thanks, Auros. I might just do that...
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

*bumps a dead topic*

How bout the clear visor Mechanek chase figure? Toyfare claims it's up to like $200! I'm so kicking myself for not buying him when I saw one at Walmart.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

McDonald's now has them in their happy meals. I got a battle cat, it's pretty sweet.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

ummmmm
wal-mart and Zellers around here have them
is the clear Mecahnex really that much?
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Got some of the figures... namely He-Man, Mekaneck and Tri-Klops. They're nice. I'm just waiting for Man-At-Arms & Trap Jaw to arrive now... I'll have to keep looking for Mer-Man.

And yes, Max, the variants carry absurd value. There's the He-Man with an iron cross as opposed to a H-style cross for one, a Skeletor figure that has the darker and lighter areas of armour changed, and isn't there a Trap Jaw Variant? I believe Panthor is available in plastic or flocked versions, too...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

That's nuts
Highbrow

Post by Highbrow »

Yeah, there's a Trap Jaw variat, it uses his old color scheme. I don't think it's very valuable, other than the rarity factor, because most people think it's butt-ugly.
There's also an Orko variant, with a blue ball, as oppsoed to an orange ball. Who knew people'd like blue balls so much:D ?
SCREAM MY NAME IN BINARY!!!!!!
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

I will treat that remark with the contempt it deserves... has anybody seen the new Zodac yet? (Cartoon or figure)?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

seen Zodac in the cartoon
he looks alot like his original figure (I haven't seen the old cartoons in forever)

In the cartoon it's pretty cool, they even brought the snake men, it was really cool
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

I got a couple of episodes free with the figures. Actually, considering they're NTSC (US) format, they play very well on UK machines. they don't automatically stop rewinding though. I got 'Dragons Brood' and 'The Courage Of Adam'. They're not bad; but there's too little of the Masters in them, IMO....

I saw the inaugural show while I was in the US too. I thought that was great; I watched it twice. I hope we get the 'toons and the toys over here soon...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I like the new show, it's well done
I even like how they start it off like the old one