Goodbye Armada! Hello Generation Zero!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Optimus Prime15
Protoform

Goodbye Armada! Hello Generation Zero!

Post by Optimus Prime15 »

Rumours have started flying around this week about a new top secret Transformers project. Transformers: Generation Zero. Apparently, Armada will only be a short lived TV show and toyline and will be replaced in 2004 with this all new product.

To celebrate 20 years of the Transformers, Hasbro is really going to get behind its product. Although rumours are sketchy, it looks like they plan to "Ultimize" the TF Universe, much like what Marvel have done with their Spiderman character. Expect to see much loved characters appearing as they would in this day and age. Rumours about the possibility of a TF movie have also been linked to this project although no-one can say for sure.

Here is the LINK http://zentertainment.com/article.php?sid=6705
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

This thing gets reposted every 2 weeks...
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I remember when Armada was going to be the line that took everything back to the beginning and tied all the series' together.

Oh, happy days.

Just give me War Within toys, already...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'm not holding my breath, but I'll look after toy collections for anyone what wants to risk it...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

This new series if made (I doubt it) will probably be worse than Armada.
I don't want anymore cartoons with another Optimus and Megatron. The only thing I'd like to see is original Autobots and Decepticons, not Maximals, Predacons or whatever with recycled names.
Baseley09
Protoform

Post by Baseley09 »

They should have a new commander of the cybertrons/autobots.....obviously either a truck or plane, and the story should revolve around bringing optimus et al into the future to maximise potential, somethinmg that works in a similar way to the space bridge.

Personaly id like to see a lead character mixing Dai Atlus, Victory Saber and Galaxy Shuttle.............i can but dream
"One shall stand, one shall fall"
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I think the movie should be about an elementry school kid who befriends the Transformers. The movie should show how this new friendship effects his life. The main antagonists should be his parents, who forbid him to hang out with the Transformers, because they are 'different'.

That would be a sweet movie.

*Runs Away*
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
I think the movie should be about an elementry school kid who befriends the Transformers. The movie should show how this new friendship effects his life. The main antagonists should be his parents, who forbid him to hang out with the Transformers, because they are 'different'.

That would be a sweet movie.

*Runs Away*

That is so seriously ****ed up, it doesn't even deserve a response.

:D
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally responded to by Bombshell
it doesn't even deserve a response.
Mmm... tastes like iron...
Zepher
Protoform

Post by Zepher »

i dont want another series like armada... i personally think that is the worst show ever... they need to give up on making everyone have some upgrade or something... the whole "unlocked power" that they get when they combine is silly and overused...

heres a weird idea, tell me what u think... i say they forget the old plot and events, and make it like a parallel dimension... maybe this time megatron wont lead, maybe starscream will... something alot different...

has anyone ever seen the movie "Evil Dead" and "Evil Dead 2"... thats what im talking about... a familiar character in a new, unexpected situation...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Zepher
heres a weird idea, tell me what u think... i say they forget the old plot and events, and make it like a parallel dimension... maybe this time megatron wont lead, maybe starscream will... something alot different...

Yeah, or something like Age Of Apocalypse: Prime's dead :D, Decepticons almost won, more violence...

Something like "Ultimate" Transformers could be good, or even next adventures after Rebirth, but only with original Transformers.

But this so is not going to happen...
Zepher
Protoform

Post by Zepher »

but we can always hope...
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

em...guys... it's....not just a rumor. check takara japan's transformers website... Generation zero's plain as day listed on it.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

What's the URL?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's neither here nor there whether it'll happen... it's what it'll be like... thing is, as soon as a TF series is named, people start extrapolating what it's like from the title... "Generation zero, must be before Generation 1... there fore it involves Prime and Megatron in funky Cybertron modes clouting each other"... TF series always sound like the ultimate ones at this stage... Although **** all of you will admit it, most TF fans were creaming in their pants when the first rumours of Armada were doing the rounds...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I wasn't, because I'd already been dissapointed by RiD... RiD, on the other hand... Well, it felt good at the time...

*Runs*
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

IMO, the series should focus on G1 characters. As much I enjoyed RiD, how long can they keep issuing one series programmes and stick the names 'Transformers', 'Optimus Prime' and 'Megatron' on them? Personally I would like to see G1 well written and well animated but it'll never happen.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
As much I enjoyed RiD, how long can they keep issuing one series programmes and stick the names 'Transformers', 'Optimus Prime' and 'Megatron' on them?

As long as they like... they hold the copyright for the names, won't be letting go of them any time soon, it provides two solid cornerstones to build around, archetypes if you like [Good, freedom respecting protector vs. evil, greedy would-be conqueror] and the alternate universe option means that credibility is never actually stretched... It's a bit like What If...?, where there's no real problem with there being hundreds of Wolverines...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Like it ****ing matters if they use Optimus Prime and Megatron. They could call the charcters Jimmy Mac and Billy Bob, they'd still be the same damned characters. They'd be the Prime that wasn't called "Optimus Prime" and the Megs that wasn't called "Megatron". They've catered to the whims of every damned asshole that isn't satisfied with everything that's not the original ****ing cartoon. Y'all said, "Prime's not a gorilla" so you got RiD Prime. That wasn't good enough, "Prime's not a firetruck". They give you a Semi with a transforming trailer just like ole' PM Prime and you still bitch. Y'know what? SHUT UP!!!
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

In Greek myth and legend, every town you went to would have a different spin on the same story.

The character names remained the same, as did that which they represent. But the details would be different. In some places, Zeus would have a beard, in others he wouldn't. Sometimes Apollo would appear, othertimes it would be Mars.

But the basic cornerstones were the same.

As it is in Transformers.

Optimus Prime(al) represents Good, and has a supporting cast of different characters - the tech guy (Wheeljack/Rhinox), the youthful hero whose enthusiasm lands him in trouble (Bumblebee/Cheetor/Hot Rod/LioJunior), the complainer (Huffer/Kup/Rattrap), etc.

Megatron represents Evil. His support contains the treacherous lieutenant (Starscream/Tarantulas/Megastorm), the blindly loyal (Soundwave/Scorponok), the fool (Rumble/Waspinator), and so on.

In some instances, the Megatron (or Galvatron) character is represented by a gun, sometimes a tank, a dragon, a dinosaur.

The cosmetics and detailing may change, but the base is still the same. Blah blah blah... I forget my point... somebody made a post about this to ATT long ago... eh.