TransFormers meets GI Joe?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
!PUCK

TransFormers meets GI Joe?

Post by !PUCK »

Some one told me there was a series and movie. Was there anything call TransFormers meets GI Joe?
"Humans love a battle hardy. So does Puck, come on, lets party!"
"WITNESS MY PROFECTION" -MindRiot (funny quote)
Please forgive any stupidity that may escape out my mouth.
http://www.archive.org < Surf the net back in time. Visit Sites from the past.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

There was a four issue comic series released around 85/86 that featured the Transformers and GIJoe.

There was also a mix in both the Transformers and GIJoe comics that came out around the time that Transformers G2 started.

Also, a character named Snake appeared in an episode of Transformers called "Only Human", and Snake turned out to be some form of Cobra Commander from the GIJoe series.

There was never a TV series or Movie specifically devoted to a GIJoe/Transformers crossover.

(This topic might be better fit for the G1 section, but I'm not really sure, plus I'm pretty lazy, so it'll stay here for now.)
Garand

Post by Garand »

Originally posted by Blitzwing

(This topic might be better fit for the G1 section, but I'm not really sure, plus I'm pretty lazy, so it'll stay here for now.)
Blitz! go long...

Topic passed 15 yards to G1/Comic
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
There was a four issue comic series released around 85/86 that featured the Transformers and GIJoe.

There was also a mix in both the Transformers and GIJoe comics that came out around the time that Transformers G2 started.

Also, a character named Snake appeared in an episode of Transformers called "Only Human", and Snake turned out to be some form of Cobra Commander from the GIJoe series.

In detail: "G.I. Joe and the Transformers" was a four-issue limited series by Marvel that was published from January to April 1987. Writer was Michael Higgins, Penciler was Herb Trimpe. The story which dealt with the Decepticons teaming up with Cobra to take control of some sort of flying power station was bloody awful. The only important aspect of the story was the destruction of Bumblebee because the Joes thought he was an enemy and his subsequent restoration as Goldbug.

"Only Human" was an episode of the cartoon's third season. It was written by Susan K. Williams, the story was your average everyone-behaves-just-plain-stupid G1 cartoon plot. Snake transferred the minds of Rodimus Prime, Springer, Arcee and Ultra Magnus into artificial humanoid bodys while their robots bodys were used to commit crimes for the guy who had hired Snake.

Then there was the UK story "Ancient Relics", a crossover between the Transformers and Action Force (the UK version of G.I. Joe). It was written by Simon Furman and pencilled by Geoff Senior and was published in Transformers (UK) #125 and Action Force (UK) #24-27 (all 1987). The story dealt with Blades, Grimlock and a robot called the Centurion fighting alongside Action Force against Megatron.

And finally, Megatron had a cameo at the end of G.I. Joe #138 (July 1993) by Larry Hama and Andrew Wildman which was followed by a whole storyarc in issues 139-142 (August - November 1993). The story dealt with Cobra giving Megatron a new body (his Gen2 green/purple tank body) while some Autobots were fighting alongside Snake Eyes and G.I. Joe to stop them. The story was actually a prelude to the Transformers: Generation 2 series. Isue 1 of G2 also has some G.I. Joe cameos. Scans can be found >here<.

- Torsten
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I also read somewhere that are RUMORS that there might be a new Transformers/G.I. Joe comic crossover between Dreamwave and Devil's Due/Image.
Basicaly it would each company producing a prestige format one-shot. Dreamwave would produce Transformers/G.I.Joe#1 and Devil's Due/Image would do G.I. Joe/Transfomers #1

Though nothing has been confirmed yet just remeber this a RUMOR and nothing more.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Good list, Nevermore, but you missed one. Marissa Faireborn (of the Earth Defense Command) is Flint's daughter ("The Killing Jar").

Happy to help, BTW. And I wasn't trying to step on your toes or anything like that Nevermore. i apologize if it seems that way.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Wolfang
Good list, Nevermore, but you missed one. Marissa Faireborn (of the Earth Defense Command) is Flint's daughter ("The Killing Jar").

Happy to help, BTW. And I wasn't trying to step on your toes or anything like that Nevermore. i apologize if it seems that way.

Didn't interpret it that way. :)
I only summed up what I found out, watched and read so far... I'm anything but a G.I. Joe expert, the only issues I have read are those with the Transformers in them.
Concerning the Faireborn issue... Well, like I said, I'm no expert on the Joes, and I'm thankful for your addition. I think I recall having read it somwhere else before, but I forgot it. Thanks for the reminder. :)

- Torsten
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If there is a new TF/GI Joe crossover, I may be satisfied not to read it. I think Dreamwave have had more money than they deserve out of me, and I doubt if I've spent more than £15 on their stuff.
Grimlock2983
Protoform

Post by Grimlock2983 »

I think a TF/GIJOE cross-over would be good; well, depending on who wrote and penciled it, of course. I haven't read too much of Dreamwave's new comics, but WWI looks great, so maybe a cross-over wouldn't be bad.
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Crossovers are, generally, absolutely terrible. I mean, TF/G.I.Joe's got a solid 0 out of 2 readable crossovers so far. And **** Lee would no doubt be involved, so I say that Dreamwave should quit before they're stopped.