women of tf archive- your input please

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
*BARRAGE*

women of tf archive- your input please

Post by *BARRAGE* »

so while returning to my local Toys R Us to aquire the classics voyager prime i had so cleverly hidden, i see a rather attractive girl attempting to knock it from it's perch... when i climbed up and brought it down for myself, me and the girl got to talking- turns out this girl (about 5' 4" with a sleeve of tattoos, and a nice figure) is a big transformers fan, she also digs heavy metal and likes the same bands i do... so i ask the young lady out, she says that sounds cool and proceeds to input her number in my phone... when a child walks up and says "Mommy, Daddy wants to go home..." at which point the girl goes slack jawed and looks as though a zombie had attacked someone in front of her... she quickly utters "uh... i think i should go..." and quickly disapears...

my question is why the HELL are all the good girls taken! and why is it that a guy with a good head on his shoulders, a good wit and average looks has such a b*tch of a time finding a girl... i have dating horror stories abound, and await input from the ladies...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Xstarscreamx
my question is why the HELL are all the good girls taken!
Good, eh? Did I misread something or she was just about to go out with a guy while being with another? Well, she's obviously a keeper then.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's because women hate me.

Errrr, you, I mean hate you...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Ozz
Good, eh? Did I misread something or she was just about to go out with a guy while being with another? Well, she's obviously a keeper then.

Pretty much.

Lord knows I'd kill to bag a girl who tries to pull random strangers whilst out shopping with her husband and kid...
Sociopathic Autobot

Re: women of tf archive- your input please

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

my question is why the HELL are all the good girls taken! and why is it that a guy with a good head on his shoulders, a good wit and average looks has such a b*tch of a time finding a girl... i have dating horror stories abound, and await input from the ladies...

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
inflatable dalek

Well, to be fair, she might have just wanted his number in a platonic fellow Transformer fan friend kinda way and was worried about her bloke finding out because he's crazy, or somesuch.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

We don't really have ladies here, do we? I mean, we've got a few posters of the female affliction (condition?), but ladies ios definitely stretching it.
inflatable dalek

I'm a lady.

well someone had to do it...
Titus Andronicus

I used to wonder about this one too, then it struck me...

Post by Titus Andronicus »

It's actually really obvious.
Because they're the good ones, of course they're taken. Duh. I'm not going to comment on your previous almost-catch, everything I'd say has already been said.
Besides, they're not all taken. Quite a few of them are lesbians, and many of the rest of them just aren't interested...until years later when they 'catch up', realise that you were actually pretty cool and it'd be great except that you've moved on...:rolleyes: Of course, it's not the 'good' ones that really interest me, which is a pity 'cos when I'm falling apart having had my heart shattered by yet another psycho ***** (their own words, not mine) the good ones seem to crop up and be available, but of course I'm falling apart so it's not really a 'good time'.:wall:
Try falling for a man-hating crazy dyke or two (I learnt my lesson after the second one and BOY does it HURT), see if that helps...:rolleyes:

@ID - I didn't think Daleks had genders...:p
Come see the Titus Files

Their defences are broken, let the slaughter begin!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Geek women are in comparatively short supply. It's possibly a surer thing to "make your own" by finding a normal non-clothes-horsey type and encouraging pursuits others might have steered them away from over the years.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Originally posted by Denyer
Geek women are in comparatively short supply. It's possibly a surer thing to "make your own" by finding a normal non-clothes-horsey type and encouraging pursuits others might have steered them away from over the years.
or, find a hot clothes-horsey type with a bit of extra personality. There's shedloads of them about.

edit: also, why do you specifically want replies from the wimmins of the archive? Loads of the guys here are way more girly than the wimmins.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by angloconvoy
There's shedloads of them about.

Yeh, in Japan, Land of the Rising Hot Chick. You bastard.
RID Scourge

Re: women of tf archive- your input please

Post by RID Scourge »

i see a rather attractive girl attempting to knock it from it's perch... when i climbed up and brought it down for myself,

:lol: Class! :up:

Ummm . . . not a dig on you, but she might have actually been trying to charm you into giving her the Prime, then got embarassed when the ruse was up. There are a lot of girls, who will use their charm to get what they want. You did keep the Prime, right?
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

yes scourge.. i kept the prime (i have been attempting to buy one for some time... screw that) and i had not thought of the shyster bit till you mentioned it...

and to you, titus andronicus... i get that the good ones are taken because they are the good ones, but i'll be damned if it isn't frustrating-

i'm sure this qualm gets tossed around a lot by every other guy in the world, but venting about it makes me feel slightly better

and to brendocon... good point, thanks for an outside friend perspective...

and thank you for the always, um, what do you classify your humor as dalek?

and to Sociopathic Autobot: what would you suggest i alter in my strategy? or would like to post yet another humorous pic?
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
We don't really have ladies here, do we? I mean, we've got a few posters of the female affliction (condition?), but ladies ios definitely stretching it.

*wrestles Cliffy into a choke-hold*

I am a lady dammit! :p

But...to answer the original post..

Like Ozz said...any woman who'll give her number to a stranger while her kid and hubby are close by should be hosed off the streets. :)
Titus Andronicus

Post by Titus Andronicus »

and to you, titus andronicus... i get that the good ones are taken because they are the good ones, but i'll be damned if it isn't frustrating-

i'm sure this qualm gets tossed around a lot by every other guy in the world, but venting about it makes me feel slightly better
Oh yeah, and it's even more fun when they've hooked up with a friend of yours who totally takes them for granted, rides roughshod over their feelings (won't go into the many, many stories, but I wish I had someone to shag and have clean up after me and my friends while I sat around smoking dope, drinking beer, openly flirting with my ex and generally not lifting a finger) but they're still your friend so you can't really do anything about it:rant: without being just as much of an @$$hole...So yeah, I can dig it.

Every one of my other friends: "Wow, she seems perfect for you, you two are perfect together, etc etc..."
Me: "Yeah, she's perfect, apart from the boyfriend that is..."

You know if you have a uni degree - any degree - you can teach English in Japan, yeah? Us gaijin are supposed to be pretty popular over there...;)
Come see the Titus Files

Their defences are broken, let the slaughter begin!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Some TEFL experience or qualification's helpful for getting with an institution that isn't looking to take advantage of people, I gather.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Originally posted by Denyer
Some TEFL experience or qualification's helpful for getting with an institution that isn't looking to take advantage of people, I gather.

Its cute that a smart gent like yourself believes that :D

But you do get enough to live on and be quite comfortable, and the working hours are livable with the better companies.

Have to say, I'm glad T&A included the winky smiley, because anyone who'd consider moving to a different country because they can't get women in their own has some seriously deep-seated problems.

That said, the women are hot, and they have tons of wicked toys, cartoons and video games. Any three of those four would make it a good place for most of the guys on this board to live. And there are more great things here for people with more normal interests.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Who're you with?

Only I know people who've suffered quite a bit by going into overseas placements (Spain and Austria) cold... to say nothing of Russia, but I'd have to have taken leave of what remaining senses I have to go to Russia, I think.
inflatable dalek

and thank you for the always, um, what do you classify your humor as dalek?

Funny.