[rumour] Dreamwave faltering on payments to artists/writers?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

[rumour] Dreamwave faltering on payments to artists/writers?

Post by Denyer »

Credit: MicahDave on alt.toys.transformers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/colum ... olumn=litg
DREAMS TO DIRT

[Yellow Light]I'm hearing more stories from despairing Dreamwave creators, awaiting on payments, getting partial payments, or getting late payments. They're afraid of saying anything public, however, in case they'll not get paid at all. But if a favourite Dreamwave book is late, you might not want to only blame the creators.
I think it could possibly be more that DW as a company are just sodding disorganised and have taken on too much (as sales of TF stuff appear fairly healthy even if they've screwed up Turtles and put many original projects—such as Necrowar, written by Simon Furman—into hibernation...)

However, we know that the company has set punishing deadlines for trying to catch up releases of the G1 title and others such as Micromasters, which it frankly looks unlikely to meet.

Beginning of the end?

Late books aren't exactly uncommon, but do cause havoc with eventual sales figures. Customers lose track very easily after protracted delays.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I heard the same rumor via the weekly newsletter from my local comic book dealer.

I think they need to trim down the amount of projects they're doing and maybe let a few of the creators they've got go.

That and drawing in some writers who can seriously boost sales to the non-liscensed side of the company.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Would I be right in thinking Energon is the only TF comic that's on schedule at the moment (bar the just started GI: Joe crossover off course)? Certainly I'd be suprised if 12 issues of G1 make it out this year...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Would I be right in thinking Energon is the only TF comic that's on schedule at the moment (bar the just started GI: Joe crossover off course)?

I think the first issue of the crossover was supposed to come out in October but it did in November. :)