Christopher Eccleston on leaving Dr.Who

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Christopher Eccleston on leaving Dr.Who

Post by Rurudyne »

I came across this today and it was good for a laugh.

http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videodoct ... funny.html
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cliffjumper Industries
1 The Moon
Space SP1 1MN

Company #:547284
VAT: 42-67-8971
Invoice Number: 001
Date:
04 December 2008
Due Date: 04 January 2009

To:
Rurudyne

You are hereby invoiced for the following sum:

Three Minutes of My Life I'll Never Get Back

Sub Total Three Minutes of My Life I'll Never Get Back

VAT @ 17.5%
Thirty One Point Five Seconds of My Life I'll Never Get Back

TOTAL Three Minutes and Thirty One Point Five Seconds of My Life I'll Never Get Back

Payment terms:
Payment within 30 days.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:VAT @ 17.5%
Where the hell have you been?

Besides which, it's foreign, so it'd be a T9 transaction or something.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote:Where the hell have you been?
I choose not to pass the government's cut onto my customers.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:I choose not to pass the government's cut onto my customers.
In which case you have to charge a VAT-inclusive price, which contains all relevant tax at the prevailing rate.

The VAT content still has to be adjusted. Whether or not you alter your price to reflect this is down to your discretion.

Probably not, given the menu costs for no material gain.

... you can tell I've had this discussion lots can't you?
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Cliffjumper ... heheh, nice invoice ... normally I'd say something's worth everything you paid for it.

At least I didn't foist a Rickroll on y'all.

BTW ... if there actually was a movie version of Blake's 7, who in your opinion would Eccleston be best suited to play?
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rurudyne wrote:BTW ... if there actually was a movie version of Blake's 7, who in your opinion would Eccleston be best suited to play?
There were no one-note shouty northerners in B7, so nobody.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Maybe Travis, for that one scene were he's just shouting "CRIMOS!"? You know, in the one where Blake gets off with his cousin.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I’ve often thought Dead Ringers must have worked better on the radio where you can’t see what poor impressionists most of them are. Fair enough they usually get the voices mostly right, but Rory Bremner always manages to do a good physical impression as well, John Culshaw always looks like John Culshaw in a wig.

Having finally gotten round to this months DWM there’s some interesting stuff in the Phil Collinson interview about Eccles, where you get the impression his very methodical acting approach was completely buggered by the utter chaos of the first recording block where they’d badly misjudged how to make the show.

Oh, and the Brig’s turn in The Sarah Jane Adventures (part one of which is on I-Player) is lovely, just lovely. Though Nick Courtney is looking very frail now, even more so that when I met him about three years ago (when he was basically Battlefield Brig with whiter hair). If they don’t get him into Who in the next year or so I think it’ll be to late sadly.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Culshaw has the same problem as Bremner and most impressionists - he can do a good impersonation, but can't write funny jokes. He also doen't have enough variety to mount a series - the Cakebastard stuff was in every episode, and it's always the same, just him going "AM DOCTOR HOOO AM FRUM THE NORFFFFF". And as that's exactly what the Puff Pastry Pantominist* himself said both in and out of character, you've got to ask exactly what the point is. Same with Rory Bremner - Tony Blair's voice, Tony Blair's body language, speech that Tony Blair is likely to say. Oooooh, satire.

* I'd like to register Currant Containing Clown for future use as well, even if I couldn't lever it in to this post.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:Culshaw has the same problem as Bremner and most impressionists - he can do a good impersonation, but can't write funny jokes.
Culshaw doesn't write his jokes. Dead Ringers is one of those shows where about 1800 people write an episode.