Bloody cold isnt it?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
electro girl

Bloody cold isnt it?

Post by electro girl »

There are a few Brits here so the weather was bound to come up at some point.

Well it is bloody cold isnt it? This arctic wind has spured on the traditional snow talk of the UK. 'BRR its cold out' and 'bloody snow' among the many original musings today. But it is quite nice, I managed to capture some good photos but then again I did freeze on the walk to college this morning and then on the walk into town for lunch and then the walk back to college and then the walk back home, so swings and roundabouts really.

One thing I have noticed today is the reactions of the different age groups to snow.

Baby, 'OOO whats this?' while held againt the window by its dad.

Children 'Hooray! snow' unless its a school day 'Cant wait for break time so I can play i the snow' of course it almost always melts by break.

Early teens 'Lets throw snowballs at cars'

Adults 'Grrr I have to pour hot water on my car, I sure hope kids dont throw snowballs at it'.

Adults with babys 'My child has never seen snow so i'll press it against the window'.

The elderly 'I remember once when snow was up to here'.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

We don't throw snowballs at cars... most of us throw snowballs at each other, it sorts out rivalries and is also good for causing mayhem in groups :D
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Ice Shard wrote:We don't throw snowballs at cars... most of us throw snowballs at each other, it sorts out rivalries and is also good for causing mayhem in groups :D
We did until someone hit the car of a senior teacher. That learned us :nonono:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I wish the weather where I live would not fluctuate so much. I would prefer pure cold, or pure warm, or an in between. Where I live at is a sub-tropic-like zone not known for really cold temperatures. When it does get cold, it gets cold, then it heats up again just as quickly leading to my health problems of: nosebleeds, colds, flu, and my favorite sinus congestion and infection too. The sad part is the warm winds come up from Texas and the equator then the cold winds come down from the northern areas thus adding to the confusion in climate through various times in the winter. As stated above, I basically envy those living in stable conditions rather than unstable conditions like Arkansas, and I would much prefer living in stability due to my allergies too. Anyways, here's hoping to you Brits and Europeans' gas prices not sky rocketing so you all can stay warm and safe (so far our prices over here have went down, but may soon sky rocket in the coming weeks).
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I hate this f*cking icy Hell they call Pennsylvania.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

I wish I could post something cheerful for you folks; but, apparently the new Jason satellite indicates we could be seeing at least a 23-year cycle of global cooling ahead — or so some Canadian scientist have been saying.

This oceanographic satellite shows a much larger than normal persistent Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO). Cooler PDO phases usually last 21 to 25 years, so we could be quite chilly for a while.

So it's possible that baby will know from snow by the time he's out of school.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

It has been averaging between 60-75 here lately. Damn bloody cold indeed. I actually miss the cold weather I had back on the east coast.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I awoke today to a snowman in my back garden that was built by my brother and my dog and my driving instructor ringing me to re-schedule after his car slid down a hill because for some reason there was no grit on the roads, the bus into Hull never felt scaryer. Also had a snowball fight with my girlfriend and her sister before going to see Quantum of solace and go shopping.

Hull city center was pretty cold but there was only slush on the ground because everyone was treading through it. Oh and if I havnt already explained for international users, snow is a bit of a novelty in the UK as it only lasts a couple of days until its just wet and cold again only everything is covered in slush.

Anyway here are some pics from today and yesterday.

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Kali wrote:It has been averaging between 60-75 here lately. Damn bloody cold indeed. I actually miss the cold weather I had back on the east coast.
Can I switch places with ya? :p
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

No thanks, maybe if you were in one of the southern states.....
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Sadly/Luckily depending on how you look at it, I've had no such weather here on the South East coast, its rained alot, and is kind of cold, but thats it.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Yes, there are worried brass monkeys out there again, especially when the wind is whistling along the byways. No snow, just horrible rain this morning which slacked off to a light drizzle and a rainbow yay!

Rest of week seems to be predicted as a bit on the parky side with rain on Friday. So much for snow...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]