The Book Some of the Cool Kids are Still Calling RID 37.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

The Book Some of the Cool Kids are Still Calling RID 37.

Post by inflatable dalek »

Out and spoilers to follow:

Jesus, if you'd have told me a year ago I'd be digging a Galvatron/Arcee team up this much I'd have called you mad. But it really, really worked, was great fun and I especially loved the fact there's no pretence they won't start killing each other again afterwards.

Though considering the book has sensibly ignored it for a while- and the fuss over the edits to the MTMTE trade (which doesn't bother me, we've had changes to that book for trade before for continuity reasons so changing something because it upset people is hard to get upset about)- it was odd to be reminded Arcee is the result of Jhiaxus' Vagina Excavator.

Still not feeling the Prowl stuff though. Look, another issue ending with him seemingly acting evil! The sooner Scrapper comes back to promote the new Devastator toy the better.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

I read it too! I've updated its position on the Which Comics I Like chart to 'quite enjoy, despite some hitches.'

Thing is, it's always the same stuff I enjoy and the same things I consider a hitch - Galvatron is great, nice character bits from Kup, Arcee, etc. the Combiner stuff is dumb, the Ancient Astronaut and warmed up movie plots are super dumb and I'm not sure if Andrew Griffith has seen a human face...

But that big spread of Blackrock's house was a rare example of Barber having some fun with the medium. Some of Scioli must have rubbed off on him. I also very much enjoyed how offended that kangaroo was to be referred to as a 'biological horror.'

Did Blackrock not read up on what became of the last joker who used a clone army of a minor character to annoy some Transformers? Actually, what did happen to old Dante? Did he go to Space Prison or did he escape to become a Robocop, touring around the American Midwest?

Quite upsetting how they trashed the International Space Station so casually. Guys!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's actually surprising the space station wasn't destroyed during All Hail Megatron. Maybe they'd just finished rebuilding it?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

It looked a bit abandoned and run-down. It has no strategic value so the Decepticons probably wouldn't have bothered. It also had 'NASA' printed all over it so it might as well be an alternate-universe American space station, the history to which we are not privy.