• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-01-21, 07:54 PM   #201
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

SPOILER! (select to read)
It's just like the old school G1 Devastator basically. Most of the parts that came with it to make up the gestalt were merely ad ons to the other vehicles. And this seems to be one of those things that it magically appears when they combine, or at least in theory. I wouldn't say it's garbage, it just is a part to a whole, and depending on how tall this part is, Devastator, or whatever they will name him, is going to be enormous and worth the 99 dollar price tag. On Arcee. I kinda like the three part to make one bot. It may have different heads, one per bike, and it may actually look really good.

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 07:59 PM   #202
electro girl
Tall child, holding a beer.

Robot Republic of Yorkshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Actually, the target listings hint that there will be a
$99 combiner assortment,
so that means you can't buy it on its own anyway; it'll come as a set.
So that'll probarbly be 99 over here I only just make half that in a week. I should hope it wouldnt be that price as it would exclude it from a lot of Uk buyers.

electro girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 08:45 PM   #203
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro girl View Post
So that'll probarbly be 99 over here I only just make half that in a week. I should hope it wouldnt be that price as it would exclude it from a lot of Uk buyers.
Guess what! There's a little thing called "Saving up money!" Try it sometime!

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 11:50 PM   #204
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer007 View Post
It's just like the old school G1 Devastator basically. Most of the parts that came with it to make up the gestalt were merely ad ons to the other vehicles. And this seems to be one of those things that it magically appears when they combine, or at least in theory. I wouldn't say it's garbage, it just is a part to a whole, and depending on how tall this part is, Devastator, or whatever they will name him, is going to be enormous and worth the 99 dollar price tag. On Arcee. I kinda like the three part to make one bot. It may have different heads, one per bike, and it may actually look really good.
The way it looks though
It's going to be three bots that make up one bot. My guess is one of those three will be Arcee (probably the pink/purple one.) what the names of the other two bots are (including this one), I' can't wait to find out.

Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 12:29 AM   #205
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
Guess what! There's a little thing called "Saving up money!" Try it sometime!
Guess what! 100 pounds is a lot of money in england, never mind for a toy. spending hard-earned money on food or rent: you should try it some time!

borg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 12:37 AM   #206
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Aye. Pound is almost worth $2US at this point right? I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a $100 toy back when I was paying rent, much less what would be $200 with the exchange rate.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 12:59 AM   #207
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

I know the current exchange rate. I'm just saying, saving up is wise no matter the situation.

Tramp, those motorcycles have been SPECIFICALLY called Arcee by Orci and the Wal-Mart vids.

Old 2009-01-22, 01:30 AM   #208
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
I know the current exchange rate. I'm just saying, saving up is wise no matter the situation.

Tramp, those motorcycles have been SPECIFICALLY called Arcee by Orci and the Wal-Mart vids.
We don't know if they're all Arcee collectively and not only one of them.

Old 2009-01-22, 02:23 AM   #209
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

I don't have time to argue with you, but they have been confirmed to BE Arcee as a whole by Orci, as well as called the "Arcee Bikes".

Old 2009-01-22, 03:01 AM   #210
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Certainly saving up is good, but there's no need for a sarcastic reply about saving money when someone expresses dismay about not being able to afford an expensive toy. I doubt many people would honestly blow two weeks' pay on this without feeling the squeeze.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 04:38 AM   #211
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

I definitely wouldn't blow two weeks pay on Dev. In fact, that might be more than 2 weeks for me...

I really hope it's not going to be a group of bikes called Arcee, i'd prefer three separate chars. But, i guess that's not gonna happen...

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 04:43 AM   #212
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
I definitely wouldn't blow two weeks pay on Dev. In fact, that might be more than 2 weeks for me...

I really hope it's not going to be a group of bikes called Arcee, i'd prefer three separate chars. But, i guess that's not gonna happen...
For some reason, given the amount of confirmed disinformation, I don't think that will be the case given Arcee's inclusion in the stories leading up to the movie, as well as her existing design. I think she's likely one of the three bikes, and can combine with the other two, but I think she's only one of them.
Obviously we won't know for sure until the movie comes out.

Old 2009-01-22, 05:42 AM   #213
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
For some reason, given the amount of confirmed disinformation, I don't think that will be the case given Arcee's inclusion in the stories leading up to the movie, as well as her existing design. I think she's likely one of the three bikes, and can combine with the other two, but I think she's only one of them.

Exactly. We wont know anything for sure, until the movie toy line comes out in stores.

As for the devastator $99 assortment pack, yeah that more then likely will be avaibable, but does anyone honestly think that hasbro wont put those guys out as deluxe figures or what ever and try to sale them like that to. That is why I said you cant pass on one part of devastator, because I know alot of people will try and get that $99 pack, and so some people will have to resort to buying them individual.

BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 06:57 AM   #214
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
I think she's likely one of the three bikes, and can combine with the other two, but I think she's only one of them.
If we get Arcee, Chromia and Elita-1, i'll be happy.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 07:14 AM   #215
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
That would indeed be cool.

Old 2009-01-22, 02:20 PM   #216
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

we all know how 'flexible' its possible to be regards names of characters. as for whether or not the arcee combiner is defined as triocon (y'know, a duocon but with three of them) or combiner. using the same movie footage, just a simple last-minute change of dialogue could be enough to make the change between the two. i suppose thats the difference when a movie is so heavy in voice-over work, it makes it easy to re-edit.

devabrawlastator is one example (Hasbro insisted on a last-minute name change, Bay, ummm, forgot). you'll notice though that he is never reffered to by name outside of the captions ("That big tank thing's getting up!"), so in theory, the change would have been minimal.

My own thinking is that Arcee is a triocon, but such a trivial difference means (as everyone esle has said) thatwe'll really have to wait and see. thats an idea i like.

Last edited by Ackula; 2009-01-22 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spoiler tags people...c'mon
borg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 02:28 PM   #217
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

from skimming the Reign of Starscream comic. I am starting to think it is three to one. All three are robots, then all three combine into a gestalt mode.

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 02:50 PM   #218
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Devs and Arcee are going to be really hard to get as they will be like it lseems now since: 1: a 175 euros is really much. And two: those nice things will never make it to the puny stores I have in Zeeland(Sealand) because that is one of the lesser inhabitaded regions of Holland.(I live in the biggest city of the regio and that one has got between 45000 and 50000 inhabitants.

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 02:59 PM   #219
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Elita-1 died in the Reign of Starscream, sadly.

Old 2009-01-22, 04:39 PM   #220
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Elita-1 died in the Reign of Starscream, sadly.
And Starscream died in the 1986 movie. It didn't stop Hasbro from making eighteen more toys of him in the years following...

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote