Best LOC???

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Best LOC???

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Me low on cash and tryin' to find me a LOC. Enough for one only. Me want opinion on which is good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Do you mean just Movie LOCs available at mass retail, or all LOCs of all time?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I don't care for any of the movie ones really, but in the LOC line the Cybertron Starscream mold would be tops in my opinion.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Ackula wrote:in the LOC line the Cybertron Starscream mold would be tops in my opinion.
Without doubt the best of the LOC moulds to date.

(I did go to the hassle of collecting all four versions, and it was well worth it - kinda says it all, I think...)

I mainly collected wee Transformers, which involves LOCs predominantly these days. I have to say, the Movie LOCs are sub-par when compared to the earlier Cybertron LOC moulds as a general rule. But some are not without their own charm - I do enjoy LOC Bumblebee and Barricade - they're rather like updated G1 Minibots in my view - while Bonecrusher and Devastator / Brawl are certainly good fun too!

LOC Movie Screamer is nifty in my opinion - I think he does robot mode and Raptor mode equally good justice (something which the Voyager Class version cannot claim). But, there are compromises in both modes, and you really have to reassemble those arms!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . I like Legends Cyb Starscream, Cyb Hot Shot (in Excellion colors, but still called Hot Shot), Movie Brawl, Movie Barricade and Classics Air Raid.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I like the Cybertron Thundercracker toy. It's better than the deluxe.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

CYB Screamer's out of my price range. Best LOC, not including him (but including everything else)?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Treadshot A1 wrote:CYB Screamer's out of my price range. Best LOC, not including him (but including everything else)?
I bought my LOC Starscream for one penny on eBay about 6 months ago. Shipping was $9..but thats fair enough coming from Hong Kong. They usually pop up on there often if you keep a look out.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Shipping to AUS is ridiculous, and, tbh, i already have CYB Screamer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Of the LOC Cybertron Seekers, I had the most difficulty finding Screamer, believe it or not! (But he cost me peanuts when I did... 50p (~$1) total, MIB - although I would have accepted loose... I just rip 'em out anyway after all... so he's out there... not that you'd need two if you've already got one!)

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I actually have trouble finding SUNSTORM. And the others are too expensive...

Where'd you find a 50p Screamer?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I actually have trouble finding SUNSTORM. And the others are too expensive...

Where'd you find a 50p Screamer?
eBay...

(I'd been searching for a year by then, various places. Wasn't willing to pay over-the-odds for a mass release!)

Sunstorm was the easiest for me to get. When he came out in the UK, I was working up the north of Scotland, where the world literally ends (beautiful beaches, if you ever get the weather to enjoy!), and for some reason there was a glut of them at Inverness (nearest major town, just 2 1/2 hours drive and all...). Dunno why that happened! I think that the first waves of TFs often get left behind in the UK - at least the various places (arguably backwaters, yes...) I've lived in the last few years.

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Anyone ever had a problem with Screamers legs falling off?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]