...a hard choice for me...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
*BARRAGE*

...a hard choice for me...

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i need to figure out which figure is best... i am torn between the following figures- from the beast wars line (the first line i started to collect- until highschool and i culled almost all my toy collection)... it's a long list- but i usually don't buy stuff online (i don't trust it, the fact i post on this site is amazing to people who know i hate computers...) so here is the list...

japanes BW "mantis" (manterror)
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

japanese BW waspitas (waspinator- regular version)

japanese BW "tonbot" (jetstorm)

japanese BW inferno

2 pack of metals cheetor vs metals waspinator

or alternators skids from a local store...

i am leaning towards manterror and waspinator, but the two pack has the metals waspinator i always wanted, but it has that damn cheetor... but i do like the looks of jetstorm and have always liked the character of inferno... so i am heavily torn...

and alternator skids looks like the car i want to buy (scion xb- ugly cool fun!) and i would paint him gunmetal grey and such...

thanks in advance for any input from folks with these figures...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I'm assuming you want ONE of the BW items or Skids, right?

Transmetals Cheetor is the best rendition the character has received, so far. Sculpt and articulation is better than both his regular and TM II version. On the other hand, I never got TM Waspinator so can't comment on him.

The waspinator link directs to the Buzzsaw repaint figure. If you want a show accurate waspinator, go to their 2007 10th anniversary line. A bit pricey, but cool and as accurate as it can get.

Not feeling any of the love for the other BW figs you posted, never looked interesting to me.

Alt Skids is a very cool figure to get. I have the BT version and if it wasn't for the heft of the die-cast ruining the balance, he'd be posed on the shelves all the time.

I'd personally get the TM Cheetor VS Waspinator two pack and Alt Skids, best choices if you can afford both.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

waspinator regular version isn't anything special, but is still nice to have in the collection.

alternator skids- didn't think i would like him cause i don't like xb's, but i actually did. was quite pleased with that purchase. i would recommend it highly.

manterror- its alright. i would go with what Knight said- get the 2 pack or the alternator.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . Beast Wars figures are all right. Oddly enough, as much as I love the cartoon, the figures haven't stood up, compared with other releases, for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't do it for me, anymore.

That being said, I'd recommend Inferno, but really only because I absolutely loved his character on the show.

Alts are all right, but they lack a certain level of playability that you get from other tfs.
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

If you are a BW fan, then I'd say buy either Inferno or Waspinator, depending on which character you like the most. Personally, I love Inferno as a character, he just kick so much @$$, but I also thought Waspinator was hilarious... They are both good molds, just keep in mind Inferno is a lot bigger though, and has more gimmicks (such as his rotating thruster, and his missile launcher/jaw).

If you are not a BW fan, get Skids. Alternators are much better toys than Beast Wars in general. Very detailed in vehicle mode, and very articulated in robot mode.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

so far i'm leanin' pretty hard towards the waspinator (buzzsaw- what have you) or mantis- just to replace the ones i donated when i was in highschool... inferno is still looking pretty good- so i have narrowed the field- as i bought and returned the alt. skids- he's just not fun IMO... so now the list is three!

@knight D... i was never a fan of cheetor- he just bugged me and i wished he had been slagged in the 'toon... so i never had much interest in the figure- but metals waspinator was looking pretty good...

@angus- i love beast wars! it reignited my love of TF in highschool... if only my toys had survived....

Thanks to you guys for your input!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
fembot4eva
Protoform

Post by fembot4eva »

go for waspinator dude.