Energon Megatron Big Vs Small

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Gigatron
Protoform

Energon Megatron Big Vs Small

Post by Gigatron »

The review for the smaller Megs speaks pretty highly of it. I just got my small version of this toy in the mail from ebay, and i have to admit its a pretty impressive figure. However I cant help wondering what the bigger one is like. I recall seeing it in stores and couldnt get over how bug of a toy it was...but is it really worth having over the smaller one?Is the quaility the same?
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

I have the bigger and ive seen the smaller, and i say they are the same except size, personally go with the smaller one, its more in proportion with E Prime, and takes up less shelf space
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Bigger one has different paint applications. It's face is dark green, the cannons are the same and there's dark blue.

Smaller one has baby blue in both face and body, and the cannons are in a much lighter colour.

There's a difference in their white colour too.

Personally, I own neither of them but if I had to choose, I'd get the small one. Really big figures are not my style.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Geeze...what a waste of plastic. Oh well...like I said its a fantastic figure. Unfortunatly the Optimus that came with him is a little ....er...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I own both. The only thing that the little one has over the big one is that the little one takes up less space. I don't know why, but I prefer the big one.
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Well if I owned them as a kid and played with them...i'd be like WTF why is Megatron almost as big as Unicron. I wish he was mayby a bit bigger than armada Megs but he's good the way he is. One thing I dont like about the new Megatron in general is his face dosnt resemble the original at all.Its a totally new mug, which is fine I guess.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Well, it is an entirely different character—sure, Hasbro are trying to have their cake and eat it by doing character homages with designs and names, but Armada/Energon/Cybertron etc. are all separate timelines to the original stuff.
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

Originally posted by Denyer
Well, it is an entirely different character—sure, Hasbro are trying to have their cake and eat it by doing character homages with designs and names, but Armada/Energon/Cybertron etc. are all separate timelines to the original stuff.

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=32060 that makes the most sence
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos