The Thirty Greatest Transformers Characters! [#1 revealed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Warcry

The Thirty Greatest Transformers Characters! [#1 revealed!]

Post by Warcry »

One of the ideas that those of us on staff came up with for our 30th Anniversary celebration was a feature on the 30 greatest characters in Transformers fiction. But there's a problem -- you see, we're all a bunch of biased, crusty old hacks! If I came up with the list it would be 29 guys whose toys I owned as a kid plus Spinister, dalek's list would all be guys who showed up for a couple panels in the UK comics, Cliffy probably wouldn't make it past five before launching into a rant about how everything sucks, Blackjack would list Movie Bumblebee thirty times, etc, etc. And while all of those lists would definitely be hilarious, they probably wouldn't be very representative of what the fandom as a whole thinks.

So we decided: we'd turn the choices over to you instead. Yes, you.

From now until the end of February the site will be running a poll that allows visitors to nominate up to thirty of their favourites, and our top thirty characters will be made up of whichever characters get the most votes and highest average rankings in that poll.

But that's not all! If you take part you'll also get a chance to say why you like the character so much, and the comments we like the best will be quoted in our final articles.

Click here to cast your vote!

Thanks in advance to anyone who participates for doing our job for us. :)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

'This asshole?' :lol:
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I intend to vote for Megan Fox's bum 30 times.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

inflatable dalek wrote:I intend to vote for Megan Fox's bum 30 times.
Vote. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Wreck and Rule!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I have participated!
inflatable dalek

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Vote. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
The amount of times I vote a day I think I know what it means.
inflatable dalek

Also, as this is all new to us, if anyone has any trouble with the voting/comments, do let us know and we'll try and fix it as quickly as possible.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack spotted an issue with the entry form. If you give long answers to all of the "Reason" fields you get a database error when you submit and your answers aren't saved. Somehow that slipped through our testing...I guess we just weren't wordy enough. :(

If this happens to you, you can...

(A) Hit the 'back' button on your browser to go back to the entry form. Then shorten some of your answers and try again.

OR

(B) Hit the 'back' button on your browser to go back to the entry form. Then just leave that tab open for a while, and resubmit once the problem has been fixed. I know what the issue is and should have it ironed out later today, once I get home from work.

Sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

*shakes fist in general direction of database*

The problem has been resolved. :)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have submitted my entry! I've done one for each year! Because that's how I roll.

Found it hard to separate character from toys - so little of the modern toys have little to go on in terms of personality, so some of my submissions have had to sell themselves on the back of being a pretty cool toy and my impressions of what they are like :)
inflatable dalek

Sent mine in, God, I am so predictable. Anyone in a black and white UK story got a vote, so if anyone who hasn't taken part yet wants to stop Irwin Spoon winning they have till Friday to get their votes in.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm. I've found the piece of paper I started scribbling on a few weeks back. They're all pre-90s, although the reasons for choosing them aren't all.
Sades

Post by Sades »

You forgot me, who would compile a list with thirty of the first ones that popped into my head, complete with half-assed yet compelling (or not) arguments for the choice. :(

I... might put together a list. Like, a real one. How long do we have? I aim to get it in as last-minute as I can. You can tell I pay no attention to the Staff forum anymore.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote:How long do we have?
inflatable dalek wrote:Friday.
Pay attention!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:Sent mine in, God, I am so predictable. Anyone in a black and white UK story got a vote, so if anyone who hasn't taken part yet wants to stop Irwin Spoon winning they have till Friday to get their votes in.
Even Longtooth? You have no taste.
inflatable dalek

Especially Longtooth. I wrote his name in bold and underlined it.
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:Especially Longtooth. I wrote his name in bold and underlined it.
I read this one!!!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

That's a joke I stole from my annual relisten of AIOTM <aiotm>, possibly the only joke I could have stolen from that series which would be suitable for a nice family friendly forum like this.

EDIT: And the last time I spoke to him on the subject, Warcry was mildly pleased that the number of votes so far was manageable for him, so if everyone does a last second spurt of voting to give him 1000's to deal with, we could break his mind. Which could be pretty entertaining in and of itself.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Even managed to throw in reasons for some of them, although that fell apart pretty quickly by halfway down the list.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:EDIT: And the last time I spoke to him on the subject, Warcry was mildly pleased that the number of votes so far was manageable for him, so if everyone does a last second spurt of voting to give him 1000's to deal with, we could break his mind. Which could be pretty entertaining in and of itself.
I'm not going to complain if we get a last-minute surge of votes. Especially since the mysterious all-Flywheels ballots that we've gotten might skew the results a tad if people don't counterbalance it with votes for proper characters...

Longtooth votes will be disregarded, though. Sorry, dalek. :)