NEW YEAR/Resolutions?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

NEW YEAR/Resolutions?

Post by Sades »

HERPY NERP YERP

We spent it doing nothiiiing. We watched the NY ball drop thing (because it was over at 10 our time, ain't no way a 2 year old is staying up till 12), I made a little veggie platter, there were brownies, and we gave the little her first taste of pop. It was a nice evening.

New Year! Resolutions! People do them. I don't usually do resolutions, but I've decided to give it a shot this year. Because I can.

I'm doing the weight loss thing, because I've put on quite a bit of weight over the years. Thankfully Hound has never cared, but I feel like a big ol' lumpy sack of fat potatoes plus I worry about my health in general so I'm pretty pumped for this. It's gonna be awesoooome.

(Unless I don't do anything, in which case it's gonna be crappyyyyyyy.)

I am also going to get this saving money thing down like an adult. Well, hopefully. I'm also aiming for at least one 3P item this year, I guess I'll see what happens.

Got one? What's yours?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Get better sleep, exercise more consistently, cut sugar back more, possibly see my abs. Keep in touch with more people. Finish several collections for the time being. Catch up on media I've salted away over the past few years. Either bury a hatchet with someone professionally or in them. Take leave. Get a further qualification.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

My resolution is to shave before I start looking scruffy instead of after.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Finally enrol and do stuff towards my degree [though this was on my last NY res as well].

Health-wise, ain't too shabby, if I don't lapse this time I can get into very decent shape by June.

Go out more. Try to actually travel a bit more; I go to conferences as part of my job, but want to try my hand at actually travelling for pleasure a bit more this year.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Improve my German (new job with company based in Germany). Improve my programming skills. Slim down more than I've managed so far.

Oh, and rejoin as an active member of this community. Don't expect posts everyday, but I'll actually check in from time to time and I have some stuff to discuss now that I'm working through Transformers: Prime. It'll be interesting trying to piece together who is who with the name changes that happened once upon a time.

For those of you who have no clue who I am, I joined in 2001 and I was pretty active back in the day...
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Definately going to try and find some compromise between the "Jesus Christ leave your job" advice everyone gives me and the need to actually have a job. Probably by dropping a day. Though that means finding something genuinely productive to fill that extra time with.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

No resolutions as such, just the continued desire to be better at letting shit go.

Plus better time management / people prioritisation.

Oh, and watch more films. I don't get to the cinema anywhere near as much as I used to and I've basically got no valid reason for the drop-off. My Top 10 for the year was almost entirely predictable mainstream stuff, and my inner snob is ****ing appalled by that.

Also try to murder my inner snob.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Lose weight, get a newer car(that's not feeling on the verge of dying), get somewhere with this woman I'm talking to, get the rest of the Combaticons, get MP Ironhide.

Nothing too spectacular. Anybody want to buy a Thunderbird?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642