Jollibee The Transformers Movie Kiddie Meal Toys

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Protoform-S
Protoform

Jollibee The Transformers Movie Kiddie Meal Toys

Post by Protoform-S »

Cybertron Philippines reports these Jollibee The Transformers Movie Cup Toppers are out in the Philippines. This Kiddie meal promo started today, June 24 and will be available until July 12, 2007.

Optimus Prime:
ImageImageImage

Bumblebee:
ImageImageImage

Megatron:
ImageImageImage

Barricade:
ImageImageImage

You can view more here:

http://www.cybph.com/archives/318
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

brill ! I like the look of barricade... food company websites give me the willies... http://www.jollibee.com.ph/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Barricade actually looks as good as the Legends figure.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. I was just about to ask if they were just legends repaints, but when I looked them up, they're new molds. :up:
Protoform-S
Protoform

Post by Protoform-S »

We'll try to take comparison pics with the Movie legend figures. I'll update this thread soon :)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Those are well awesome.

Wonder what we'll get in the UK in Happy Meals? I can live with buying fish finger Happy Meals (being an almost veggie) for something as good as that, but please, dear Primus, don't let them sign up a deal with Burger King yeeurgh even the Scraplets/scalbies won't eat Burger King meals...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

The bad news: Burger King is doing the food toy promotion.
The good news: The toys are lame, so we don't have to eat at Burger King after all.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yup. BK likes to aim low, when it comes to kids' meal tie-ins, don't they? Certainly, all they'd have to do is get Hasbro to make an extra batch of legends. Certainly, McDonald's would have done that, or at least offered something on par with them.

Maybe legends-style figures of some of the ones that didn't get the legends treatment? :eyebrow: Shoot, they could even get away with having Hasbro spank out a few repaints of the Cybertron/Classics legends, as extra characters, I bet . . .
Protoform-S
Protoform

Post by Protoform-S »

Here is a review made by CybPh member Mechajol:

==================================

Months ago, Jollibee included Cybertron Transformers in their Kids Meal which had me and my old officemates trooping to the nearest outlet first thing in the morning. The toys were decent enough, except for Optimus Prime.

Last weekend, jollibee's at it again, this time with TF Movie toys!

I first saw the pics here, posted by Thunderbreak. And from the pics, I knew Barricade should be the first TF toy I should get. Hell, Barricade is the mose decent-looking TF of the set!

This morning, I bought two Jollibee Kid's meals. The first I got, of course, is Barricade.

CAR MODE

I really love Barricade's police car mode. Even in a simplified, cheap Kids Meal version, the badass thing he got going is still there. The toy itself is light and feels a bit flimsy.

Not much tampos, though. No "To punish and enslave" and the decepticon symbol is relocated to the hood. Still looks evil enough for me! I really like this car mode.

The only problem here is that the sides of the car tend to fold inwards easily when you make the car roll on the table while holding it.

And here's the manual.

The funny thing is, for a simple toy like Jollibee Barricade, the manual is far more detailed and thorough than the actual deluxe toy's manual.

ROBOT MODE

In robot mode, Barricade looks faithful to the movie image and to the deluxe toy. And yes, the devilish, impish, evil look? Still present.

While possible, Barricade has a bit of trouble standing on his feet without the supplied plastic stand. Attach it to the stand, and this toy will pass even the strictest ROHML kick test! :D

Articulation is decent, and the joints are tight enough to make Barricade hold his pose.

JOLLIBEE BARRICADE meets DELUXE BARRICADE

"You gotta earn 'em tampos, boy!"

In car mode, Jollibee Barricade ups the deluxe toy on one thing - all wheels touch the ground! Aside from that, and the lack of tampos, all seems good.

Now, check out the transformations.

Jollibee Barricade maintains two crucial transformation steps. The only difference is the transformation of the legs. This is more evident in the robot modes.

In robot mode, Jollibee Barricade still looks evil enough. The lack of paint on the face makes Jollibee Barricade look more like an evil ninja, though.

ROBOT or CAR?

I'll pick car mode! :D

PROS:
- retains the evil, badass look and stance of the deluxe and movie versions
- good car mode
- enough articulation for playability and tight joints to boot
- came with food :D
- all plastic parts means you could bring this toy with you when you go bathing :D

CONS:
- a bit on the flimsy side

RATING:

4 of 5

Whoah! higher rating than the deluxe? Of course, but put things in perspective here- among the Jollibee Transformers, this is the best, hence the rating.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I'm weeping inside.

I won't feel tempted to to go into a Burger King outlet for those things :sick: Come to think about it, BK also pretty much farked up the X-Men stuff (Wolvie was donated by a friend who told me he was the best of the bunch).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Im with you on this one Clogs they are pretty brutal I actually like BKs food (much prefer their fries to McDs for instance) but I certainly wont be going out of my way to acquire any of these.
On the small movie toys tip tho Im just about to open the 4 Legends I got today at Woolies on Buy One Get One Half Price.
£9 for 4 bots works for me:)
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by martyboy70
On the small movie toys tip tho Im just about to open the 4 Legends I got today at Woolies on Buy One Get One Half Price.
£9 for 4 bots works for me:)

Alas, no Woolies in Leicester any more :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]