Where was DW headed?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Where was DW headed?

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Can't vouch for the authenticity of this, but this guy who apparently worked for DW had the inside scoop on some of the plans that were ahead storywise for the ongoing.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=89879
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Interesting in that it looks as if Sarracini wasn't going to be the first writter on the title after Mad Brick got the heave ho... Now we can debate endlessly who this guy who didn't want to be credited was.

Oh, and I'm glad the Furman written "Jetfire's alive!!!" issue never came to pass.

Assuming any of it is accurate. And aren't I good for not simply doing a "Where was Dreamwave headed? Why down to the Porsche dealer of course!" post?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Sad to see Mick go regardless of familiarity I quite enjoyed his G1.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Sunstreaker gay?
Come on and wind me up.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Fixed link, since how many posts you display per page depends on preferences.
Originally posted by Matt Moylan
Hey all. Well as someone who used to work at DW I can clear up a couple things... The artwork you have there is actually from a few different issues....the fembots piece is from the Datatracks profile book. the first page of sequetionals you posted is from G1 #11 by Don, and the other four are actually the first few pages of issue #12 by Guido.

As for what was hapenning story wise...after McDonough/Patyk were fired, another writer was brought to finish off their plotlines. (He wanted to go uncredited since he was stuck finishing off MC-Patyk's and didn't want to be associated with it. So anyways mr. newguy wrote the second half of G1 #11 (which Don pencilled completly), and had finished about half of #12 (which guido mostly pencilled) at the time DW shut down. so that's all that was actually written. (there was a WICKED scene this guy wrote between shockwave, megatron, starscream and soundwave at the end of issue #11 that's jsut about my fave TF scene that Don drew)

The plans after that though were , newguy would finsh of the old stories with #13, and then Simon Furman was going to write a 1-off story for #14. It was gunna something with Jetfire and the Fallen. Basically establishign that jetfire was not killed, tieing up some stuff from War Within II, and I think bringing the fallen into the modern G1 time period.

After that Chris Sarracini was going to come on as the regular writer with issue #15. I believe he was going to start with a space journey for Optimus and a group of autobots, chasing after megatron for some reason...

The datatracks annual would've had an 13page story by Chris Sarracini, with the rest of the 48 pager being filled with new profiles, and a few other goodies like a tf timeline that showed where/when every DW story and event fit in together. I was actually going to get to write the profiles parts of the book myself, though at the time of DW's closing all that I had written were a couple profiles (Bumper and I think one for the planet Paradron) and a rough of that TF Time line...

but anyways...that's what I remember...pretty good memory for 2 years ago heh.
Yeah, that timeline would've been useful to most readers at the time...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

DCJosh
Protoform

Post by DCJosh »

i'll vouch for him as well

Matt Moylan was a part of DW staff. He was my project manager/editor type dude now and then when i was doing work for them at the end.

woulda been cool to see the Fallen return to modern G1 and stuff... some neat ideas they had
-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Post by starscreamjericho »

a timeline would have been a great idea so we could have seen when things would have tied in. and the fallen was great transformer. i would've like to seen more about the orignal 13.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

The trousers of time effect struck at the wrong moment! I'm now living in the wrong universe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Sunstreaker was gay? Yeah, I suppose I can see that. I mean, if you're going to have female robots, I don't see why you can't have homosexual robots.

I have to admit, Dreamwave wasn't perfect, but I liked a lot of what they did, and around the time they imploded, was when they started to get really good. It's a shame. These are some neat ideas.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Gouki
Sunstreaker was gay? Yeah, I suppose I can see that.
I can't.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
starscreamjericho
Protoform

he wasn't gay just a pretty boy
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Look, I didn't mean Sunstreaker specifically, just gay Transformers. However, in my mind Sunstreaker and Track's seem like obvious candidates...
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
starscreamjericho
Protoform

tracks i can understand
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Poor Tracks, he findes it so hard to gte dates with the fembots after all those libelous rumores...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Gouki
Look, I didn't mean Sunstreaker specifically, just gay Transformers. However, in my mind Sunstreaker and Track's seem like obvious candidates...

One is a blue whiner. The other is just a sociopath who puts his well being (and looks) first.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
One is a blue whiner. The other is just a sociopath who puts his well being (and looks) first.

Oh, it's a well-known fact if you're male and give any thought to your appearance, you're as bent as a blue Bluestreak.

Seriously, is there anything else to suggest the characters are homosexual (led's just turn logic off for a moment, and ignroe the whole "robots don't have a gender because they're robots, you ****ing plum" angle for a minute)? Vanity = homosexuality? It's the only linking personality trait either has.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Maybe it's just that I'm skimming this, and I'm too lazy to care enough to actually look, but where and why did this become a discussion about robots being gay? :wtf:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Sunstreaker gay?

^
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It's long been established in TFArchive continuity that Brawn was gay.