Custom Project - CW Rescue Patrol 'Bots

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Inaction Master

Custom Project - CW Rescue Patrol 'Bots

Post by Inaction Master »

So lately I've been doing a bit of work painting plastic miniatures. I've found it to be the kind of breakthrough hobby I needed to take the plunge into some toy customization. Found on Shapeways https://www.shapeways.com/product/HU3NZ ... li=ostatus head molded for CW deluxe figures, bought a spare First Aid and have started the process towards making CW Fixit of the Rescue Patrol.

If all goes well, going to grab me a CW Prowl and get another set from the same developer on Shapeways to make a Stakeout. Planning on them to act as basically reserve for the Protectobots.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That's a brilliant idea and I wish I'd thought of it! If I had free time for custom work anymore, I'd steal it from you. First Aid and Streetwise with new heads and colours are actually super-close to what Fixit and Stakeout look like. Hot Spot would make a solid Red Hot as well. It's just a shame there's no CW boat to make into Seawatch.

CW molds are simple enough with little enough vehicle detail in robot mode that a guy could get a ton of Micromasters out of them if he set his mind to it, actually.
Inaction Master

I was thinking... well, basically everything you had said. Want to see just what the guy I had ordered from on Shapeways has in the way of possible commission work so I can get some more alternate heads. Planning things out, I could get Race/Sports Car Patrol members from out of the Stunticons and the Air Strike Patrol with the Aerialbots, (they'd work pretty well with Cyclonus).

Sad there is no boat for Seawatch, but I'm looking into possibly modding the Alpha Bravo figure into a kind of submarine.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Inaction Master wrote:I was thinking... well, basically everything you had said. Want to see just what the guy I had ordered from on Shapeways has in the way of possible commission work so I can get some more alternate heads. Planning things out, I could get Race/Sports Car Patrol members from out of the Stunticons and the Air Strike Patrol with the Aerialbots, (they'd work pretty well with Cyclonus).
There's really no end to what you could do! You could probably make a dozen and a half members of the Race Car, Race Track, Sports Car, Off Road and Monster Truck Patrols just by repainting and reheading the four Stunticon limb molds. Heck, Ironhide is basically Tote already. The Aerialbots would do well as both the Air Strike Patrol and the Autobots' Air Patrol. Brawl, Rook, Swindle and Alpha Bravo would make a passable Military Patrol, and you could probably cobble together a good Battle Patrol from Combaticons and Legends Powerglide.
Inaction Master wrote:Sad there is no boat for Seawatch, but I'm looking into possibly modding the Alpha Bravo figure into a kind of submarine.
I pondered that myself before musing that it wouldn't look sufficiently boatlike, but then again Seawatch barely looked like a boat anyway, so why not?
Clay

Post by Clay »

I, also, thought of using Alpha Bravo as a submarine or something.

Actually, I had the idea to attach Alpha Bravo to Superion's back and make Sixwing, but it was far too back-heavy to stand.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I thought Alpha Bravo would be used as Blast Off and get turned into a shuttle pretty easily.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Inaction Master

Progress update.

Things are coming along well - think I've got the head just about how I want it. Will of course try my hand at doing some detail work on the body once I have some more liquid primer. Then place orders to make a Stakeout and see what I can't do about for some more CW Micromasters.