I can has mp soundwave?

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Clay

I can has mp soundwave?

Post by Clay »

Could use some help with this one. None of the toys r us stores in reasonable distance seem to have any plans to stock them, and the US website doesn't even have a listing. The TRU Canada website has had them readily available though. Anyone want to help a fellow out?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Doesn't TRU Canada ship to the US? I thought it did.

If not, you're welcome to buy it and ship it to me, and when it arrives I can ship it on to you. Though as a word of warning, if you ship to a Canadian address they'll charge you sales tax (it'll vary depending on province, it's 13% here). The box he comes in is huge and it'll probably cost $35+ to ship down to the US. I'd guess you're looking at $170+ when all is said and done.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Same deal here, but substitute Canada with UK. I can buy him for you, but shipping will probably be a bitch and he costs like 120 pounds to begin with.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

You're not that far from me, Clay, and Nashville is closer to you than to me. You haven't located any there?
(Got mine here in Knox, but I can make a trip out to our TRUs and see if I can find one)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote:Doesn't TRU Canada ship to the US? I thought it did.

If not, you're welcome to buy it and ship it to me, and when it arrives I can ship it on to you. Though as a word of warning, if you ship to a Canadian address they'll charge you sales tax (it'll vary depending on province, it's 13% here). The box he comes in is huge and it'll probably cost $35+ to ship down to the US. I'd guess you're looking at $170+ when all is said and done.
...and now it's gone from the Canada website too. :nonono:
Knightdramon wrote:Same deal here, but substitute Canada with UK. I can buy him for you, but shipping will probably be a bitch and he costs like 120 pounds to begin with.
Possibly, but I'm afraid the currency conversion would render it around $200 with shipping, which is what BBTS have them in stock for. Which is still significantly cheaper than the Takara version and the cassette sets.
The Reverend wrote:You're not that far from me, Clay, and Nashville is closer to you than to me. You haven't located any there?
(Got mine here in Knox, but I can make a trip out to our TRUs and see if I can find one)
I was in Nashville back in August to pick up someone at the airport, so I just called all the TRU stores there while I was waiting on the flight. They either didn't have it to begin with or were sold out of Soundwave. The store here in Kentucky had the sticker on the shelf out for a while but never stocked them, and the one in Clarksville has the Grimlock/Bruticus box set instead instead of either masterpiece figure.

But even if a store in Nashville did have one, I'd be spending $120 + $12 sales tax + $30 in fuel to get there and back during a five hour round trip... and then the BBTS option becomes appealing.

If you could keep a look out for one the next time you visit a TRU, I'd appreciate it. If they don't have them anymore, I'm probably left with BBTS as the best overall option (if not strictly the cheapest).
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Clay wrote:...and now it's gone from the Canada website too. :nonono:
Don't despair! That might just mean that they're out of stock. He's disappeared and reappeared a few times on their site. I was amazed when I was able to snag one a month back.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

will check on way home today then.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

No go at our main TRU, just Acid Storm. Will check the so-called "ghetto" one tomorrow where I usually find them - couldn't get there this evening, traffic was too backed up.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Well, damn, just Acid Storms there too.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm driving from South Dakota to East Central Michigan this week to investigate a possible move. I'm sure I'll be stopping at some TRUs along the way. If I see anything, I'll pick it up and let you know. And I'll keep the receipt in case you or someone else finds it first.
Clay

Post by Clay »

The Reverend wrote:Well, damn, just Acid Storms there too.
Notabot wrote:I'm driving from South Dakota to East Central Michigan this week to investigate a possible move. I'm sure I'll be stopping at some TRUs along the way. If I see anything, I'll pick it up and let you know. And I'll keep the receipt in case you or someone else finds it first.
TFArchive members are the best Archive members :D. Thanks guys!
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

That was a bit of a surprise, MPs tend to shelfwarm at the "other" TRU.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I have failed you, Sensei. Actually, TRU has failed us both. But I'll keep on keeping an eye out.
As a consolation prize, here's a failure Haiku I composed on the road:
Masterpiece Soundwave.
Dakotas to Michigan,
he just ain't there. Dang!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Thank you Dan :)
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Still looking for an MP Soundwave? TF Source have the Japanese version on a Black Friday discount at $120 + p&p. No idea if that is good or not, I'm afraid.

I guess you may rather get the US version though.

Happy (late) Thankgiving, btw.
Wreck and Rule!