TF Movie Starts Filming Next Week + Air force/Jet Models/Locations Info???

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Aardvark

TF Movie Starts Filming Next Week + Air force/Jet Models/Locations Info???

Post by Aardvark »

Reported by a chap who goes by the name of Bittercold; http://www.superherohype.com/forums/sho ... p?t=232536
I am not going to tell you how I know this information because it is hush hush... but lets just say I am affiliated with the air force... here is what I know.

Next week on Wednesday and Thursday a C-130J model from Little Rock AFB Arkansas is heading for Holloman AFB New Mexico for shooting on Transformers the movie. They might be taking on the roll of a MC-130. I know they are going to do attack rolls and manuevers. I also know that after Holloman they are heading on to San Diego... so there may be more filiming there.

The point of this... the film is geting USAF support and there will be C-130s in the movie. If you don't believe me. I will give you the tail number on Monday.

Believe it or not... but filming is starting next week. Hope this is not a repeat.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot... talked to the pilot... he actually has lines in the movie also! BTW I will not give the pilots name... sorry!!! Wait for the credits when you watch the movie.

-BC-

Whether this guy is actually legit or not is anyone's guess.
-Alex???
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Snipped from http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=7422
The Alamogordo Daily News has reported on a press conference given on the morning of May 19th by the Holloman Air Force Base, regarding the Paramount motion picture of the Transformers, which will start shooting today. It was not until May 19th that the Holloman Air Force Base could officially confirm their involvement with the film.

The article gives an account of the statements made by Lt. Col. David Moore, 49th Fighter Wing commander as her addressed the press.

"As you know, we have been working in collaboration with Dreamworks studios over thel ast month or two preparing to support them in filming a major Hollywood motion picture out here at Holloman ... we see this as a perfect opportunity to showcase all of the great capabilities ... our airmen in action, our base".

1st Lt. Christian Hodge, is the person who made the initial contact between the base and the movie possible.

"I first found out about the moving surfing around online. In July of last year I first read about it, thinking, 'Hey, jets that change into robots ... Air Force jets.' So I called over to the studio (Dreamworks), got a high ranking executive on the phone ... about two or three months ago we got a call from a location scout."

"These guys are working so hard," he said."It's a huge endeavor. This is the best choice because of White Sands ...Holloman itself has been so engaging, arms wide open to try to help them."

Army Lt. Col. Paul Sinor has been linked with public relations for the base's Department of Defense. Sinor had the following to say on why the choice was made for this base.

"The reason this was selected is "it's a realistic portrayal of what the military does". That's one of the first criteria of military support, it has to be a realistic portrayal of the military. So this film, even though its somewhat "science fiction," what the military does in this film is a realistic portrayal of actual Air Force and Army personnel. We've worked with the director, Michael Bay, on a film before -- "Pearl Harbor " -- so we understand how (Bay and his team) operates, he understands how the military operates. We have a very good relationship."

"There is no cost to the taxpayer for these films. If you see them flying this airplane on the film, whatever that airplane costs per hour, the production pays it. It does not cost the American taxpayer a dime. The military you see in the film working as extras, they're on leave on that day and they're paid by the production. So it's not that this is our regular work day, but instead of working for national defense we're playing soldiers and airmen in a movie."
For the full article
I guess that chap was right...
-Alex???