Transformers Prime TV show news and rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Transformers Prime TV show news and rumours

Post by Blackjack »

http://www.allspark.com/content/view/7417/20/

From Botcon attendees.
Prime will be a fully CG show. Movie set the bar, and they're pushing the limits for crazy awesome CGI on TV.

26 episodes so far.

Set in Movie continuity, small group of Autobots remaining on earth to thwart any returning Decepticons.

Optimus is leader, natch. Arcee's the girl.

Bulkhead!* Another Animated continuity transplant.

Ratchet, Bee and Cliffjumper round out core cast.

Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave.

Not revealing much more at this point.

Bots and Cons are spread throughout the universe- some in "sleeper mode", some are moving on, some are just plain lost. It'll allow them to expand the universe.

Jeff Kline grew up with the universe, and has enjoyed creating it and playing with it in various ways.

Trying to balance speaking to the established fans, and hooking kids coming in for the first time.

Why call the series "Prime"?* Nothing else could clear legal.

Seriously, though, it'll delve into what it means to hold the rank of Prime.

MEGATRON IS FRANK WELKER.

Series started production only 10 months ago, so the production lead times have been minuscule (consider, an episode of The Simpons takes nearly a year from concept to air)

Full CGI models aren't 100% complete yet.

Conceptual/flat art is being shown off at this point.

Trying to be as epic as possible; look and feel will be like nothing else on TV.

Sue Blu is back as voice director.(And probably Arcee.)

Megatron's voice is softer, more evil.

Prime is a little svelter, a little more Arthurian.

Buckethead is back for Megatron.

Canadian and other locations are under consideration; currently a US airing is all they have confirmed, since the focus is on the Hub.

Likely WON'T launch 10/10/10.

Writers have plots established until season 4, so Hasbro has a lot of faith in the longevity of the show.

There will be recurring humans but the show is mainly bot-centric.

Damaged models will exist for the cast along with robot, vehicle, and transformation.

Bulkhead is similar to Animated.

One Arcee not three and she's sassy.

Cliffjumper will get his own life and look.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

All CGI? That's going to be an interesting risk, there's a reason that it's never really taken off hugely for television, it's incredibly tricky and expensive. Still, it's pretty much going to mean a small focused cast, which can only be a good thing.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Best case scenario, it turns out to be Beast Wars with the movieverse characters. Having the thing being plotted until season 4 is good. Advance planning and all that.

But I don't really like the CG model for Bumblebee...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yay! Me! Maybe I'll get a toy which basically isn't the same as Bumblebee's now, and isn't some shit dune buggy.

Now, if they could just make it so all the Autobots aren't the twats they were in Animated - no learning the true meaning of keepaway or how to be a ninja ponce or why it's alright to be a fat dumb useless sack of shit, please.

Cliffjumper's going to be a skateboarding kung fu expert with an inexplicable thirst for dinosaur knowledge, isn't he? Probably with shades and a backwards cap...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:Cliffjumper's going to be a skateboarding kung fu expert with an inexplicable thirst for dinosaur knowledge, isn't he? Probably with shades and a backwards cap...
Are you not already?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nah, can't see with shades on, and clip-ons make you look like a spastic. I'd get tinted lenses, but I'm incredibly proud of having the same pair of specs for 11 years and won't go into an opticians.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yay! Me! Maybe I'll get a toy which basically isn't the same as Bumblebee's now, and isn't some shit dune buggy.
Currently no toys are planned for Transformers: Prime.
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Protoform

Post by Xeno-the-Hedgehog »

I'm just happy that Cliffjumper is finally getting his own look again, rather than just being another Bumblebee clone; seriously, we haven't seen that since G1.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I am interested in this. Even though I disapprove of the word "Sassy".
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Glad they are separating Cliffjumper from his (lately) identical twin (sans color). Cliffjumper and Brawn were my very first Transformer toys (got them both at the same exact time) and I really do not like the whole "let's repaint Bumblebee just so we can save on the mould" idea. I understand the concept, but at least give the guy a different head sculpt, weapon or something.

I hope they don't go Ani-strange on his butt either. You know, where the writers are like "So the fans want something different, we are going to turn him into a truck or a munkee or sumthing just to show them."

I loved the BW/BM cgi, but did not like the Energon series. I hope this new series has a bit of grit like BW had where the toons were classic team iconocon stereotypes with a bit of flare.

Bigbot = heroic leader
Cheetor= rookie wants to be hero
Rattrap= shady good guy who's former bad ways help the good guys
Rhinox= tough guy weapons master
Dinobot= Bad guy turned good with a vengeance
Black Arachnnia= Femmebot with a chip on her shoulder to prove she's good enough to hand with the big bots.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:I'm just happy that Cliffjumper is finally getting his own look again, rather than just being another Bumblebee clone; seriously, we haven't seen that since G1.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

FAILBUGGIES DON'T COUNT.

Fun fact: the number of shit dune buggies in any TF series correlates directly with quality of said series. G1 only had a few, and was harmless if complete rubbish. BW had none and was fun on cake. For Amergotron every single character turned into a dune buggy and it was depressing beyond pills. The Bay films were excellent, but IDW's comics introduced Landmine, DUNE RUNNER and a load of shite Cybertron recolours and are generally less well regarded than second-hand toilet paper.

Dune buggy Transformers are a sign that nobody involved at any stage gives a shit. It means some idiotic designer has tried to come up with a transforming car, but doesn't have the talent to pull it off so comes up with a dune buggy.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I had a step dad who built a dune buggy with a corvette engine, that shook it's self to pieces upon starting(and no one got to ride it) and that's still better and more fun than Dune Buggy Transformers...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Civ

Post by Civ »

From Tformers.com
Tania Gunadi has revealed on her Twitter page that she will be lending her voice to a character in Transformers: Prime. Oddly enough, this update was posted on January 28th but slipped by us for quite a while.

The update even reveals that Frank Welker will play the role of Megatron in the show, which was only recently officially revealed to us during BotCon 2010.

Ms. Gunadi's update also pre-dates Advertising Age's outing of Peter Cullen's role in the series back in May.

She does not reveal her role in the show.

Ms. Gunadi is of Indonesian descent and was recently seen in the live-action Disney XD series Aaron Stone.

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=13846
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Do we know what channels/regions/ect... this will be on?
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Sades

Post by Sades »

So far, all that is known is that it will be on The Hub, IIRC. Unofficially starting October 10, which coincides with the rebranding.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Statue that is apparently a model of TF: Prime Optimus Prime:

http://yfrog.com/3z8o9dj
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

From SDCC Transformers Prime Panel:

Images of some major characters of the series:
Autobots: Arcee, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Optimus Prime.
Decepticons: Megatron, Decepticon Troopers (like Drones)
Humans : Jack Darby, Miko Tezuka, Rafael Raf Esquivel

The show takes place in the War For Cybertron continuity but in a very Movieverse like style.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... el-170265/

EDIT: direct link for the teaser:
http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/80393/tra ... ml?show=hi
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Ratchet and Cliffjumper look good! Though Cliffy looks a bit bulky to be honest, but I could get used to that. :)

Not liking that Prime and 'Bee are basically movieverse TF's but whatever. :|
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!