New TF:United Releases for 2012

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Warcry

New TF:United Releases for 2012

Post by Warcry »

As seen while browsing the Allspark:

Rodimus Convoy
Warpath
Thunder Megatron
Thunderwing
Axalon
Optimus Primal
Beast Megatron
Windcharger & Wipeout
Ark Unicron

Some odd choices in there. Wipeout? Combat Hero Megatron? Energon Sharkticon? Alright then...

I have to admit I find myself strangely tempted by the G2 Megs, though. It's a shame the mold isn't really worth owning twice, 'cause it would be cool to have a modern Archforce.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

WIPEOUT?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Blackjack wrote:WIPEOUT?
A good way to get Windcharger's mold re-used as a Decepticon. I'm surprised that a one-shot US Comic character is getting recognized by Japan, though.

The list given out seems about half the size of one of Takara's usual filler lines. I have to wonder what the other half is going to consist of now - it really could consist of anything.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Axalon? What is that? That seems to be a straight rerelease of Sharkticon.

Uh, so Unicron is the Ark now. Right :eyebrow:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

TFVanguard wrote:I'm surprised that a one-shot US Comic character is getting recognized by Japan, though.
Ichikawa will come up with some mind-numblingly EXCITING storyline about how Skywarp's ghost possesses Windcharger's body during the events of TF:TM and that's what's running around in the background during "Call of the Primitives", and it also somehow explains how the **** Hoist fits inside Huffer's cab during "Makin' Tracks".
numbat

Post by numbat »

Ouch!

I think that about summarises most of those...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Is there any particular reason why they're dragging out the BW characters again?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Sades wrote:Is there any particular reason why they're dragging out the BW characters again?
Looks like it's an excuse to use molds that they haven't used thus far in anything.

Henkei Hot Rod and 'Deluxe' Megs are the only ones, I think, that Takara has used before from this set.

Windcharger, Warpath and Thunderwing were late for the last United Run.

Sharkticon was only a USA thing for Energon. (I think you could get it as an USA special.) Why it's being used as the Axalon is lost on me.

Tank Unicron and Beast Planet Primal and Megatron didn't see release in Japan. Making Unicron the Ark is bizzare as all hell, mind you...

I imagine this is 'filler' for Takara between the "now-effectively-over" Movie line and the "got-a-crapload-of-a-wait" Prime line to show up there.