Simon Furman Q&A - get your questions in

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Simon Furman Q&A - get your questions in

Post by Denyer »

http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4906

or

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/

Suspect that "What the f*ck is going on?" is probably a bit too general, though a part answer might be woven through some of the other replies...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Are we going to be given a list of what we are and aren't allowed to ask?[/bitch]

"UK Generation 2. Were you lying when you told everyone you didn't write it, or were you lying when you said you did?"

"How much does it cost to keep Andy 'Andrew' Wildman fed on a weekly basis? I have a cat, and was wondering if keeping an out-of-work artist was cheaper."

"What was the point bitching about how Dan Abnett had totally missed the point of Death's Head when you did exactly the same thing when you had a chance to write the character again?"

"Do you hold the world record for getting comics cancelled? Seriously, you managed to get a mutant title cancelled in 1994. That's impressive."

"Do you pull the names for IDW mini-series out of a hat? Or is there some sort of computer 'random word ending in ation' program you use?"

"Are you jealous of Geoff Senior for getting a proper job and thus probably earning more than you?"

"Can you sign my copy of UK #332, please? It'll be worth more when you die that way"
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

You are an angry, angry man, Cliffjumper.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

For my own safety, i wouldn't dare say that...:D

I got a question. Why is the ultimate guide so, well, not ultimate? And you skipped Cybertron, going straight to Classics 1.0 snd Alternator? What were you thinking???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That the publishers gave him a specified number of extra pages in which to include everything released since the first printing of the book.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Does it ever end?
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Not meaning to sound twatty, but I would ask for more details how Revelation was meant to truly play out, or what was omitted/added to accommodate the change into 4 Spotlights, but I don't think I'll get an honest response - something along the lines of, "Yeah, it's shorter, but this essentially was how it was meant to be". The way it read, I just can't believe that. Sorry.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Denyer wrote:include everything released since the first printing of the book.
I wish. I wish.

Wait a minute... The rest of the book wasn't ultimate, why do i want more?!:wall::wall::wall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

One question: How does it feel for his take on Unicron and the like to be added into other continuities that he didn't have control or say into? Cybertron for example?
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

zigzagger wrote:Not meaning to sound twatty, but I would ask for more details how Revelation was meant to truly play out, or what was omitted/added to accommodate the change into 4 Spotlights, but I don't think I'll get an honest response - something along the lines of, "Yeah, it's shorter, but this essentially was how it was meant to be". The way it read, I just can't believe that. Sorry.
Doubt you'll get a straight answer. He pretty much said on his blog not long ago that he wants to keep a lot of the cut plot strands under wraps for the time being, on the off-chance that he gets to tell them later.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Will the Titan comic be staying in the Alternate timeline indefinitely or do you plan to bring it back in line with the film in time for tie ins with the sequel?

Sadly, as has already been noted, it's to early for answers to the interesting questions. Though who knows, perhaps he was telling the truth and Revelation was always going to be crap?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

-Is Megatron Origin going to be canonical?

-What plans do you have for the Micromasters?

-Is Iguanus and the rest of Bludgeon's merry crew, and the Nebulan guys (Skullcruncher et al) actually dead or deactivated?

-What do you feel of AHM?
Not meaning to sound twatty, but I would ask for more details how Revelation was meant to truly play out, or what was omitted/added to accommodate the change into 4 Spotlights, but I don't think I'll get an honest response - something along the lines of, "Yeah, it's shorter, but this essentially was how it was meant to be". The way it read, I just can't believe that. Sorry.
-Ditto as above.
Raksha

Post by Raksha »

What will you be working on post Maximum Dinobots?

Was Revlations being a Spotlight series your choice, mandated by TPTB or a mixture of the two?

What's in store post AHM?

When is Shockwave going to come into play (As hinted at the end of Revelations)?
I still function!