Just a reminder.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Just a reminder.

Post by Sir Auros »

If you are not up to date and reading The Walking Dead, then you will lose posting rights for this forum.

No, seriously, it's ****ing awesome and if you're not reading it then you're some kind of a moron.

I can't ****ing wait until the next issue. Shit just got real.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I'm reading it in TPB's atm, am up to vol...8 I think, the latest, can't wait for the next volume.

My main problem is that once I start collecting stuff in TPB I can never switch to single issue collection, as I keep my single issues and TPB's completely separate, so it'd look stupid.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I have a question. Is that the comic by Max Brookes
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sir Auros wrote:No, seriously, it's ****ing awesome and if you're not reading it then you're some kind of a moron.
Tried (as in a friend had at least the first few books.) Another post-apocalyptic world with zombies and survivalists. Didn't get the furore over Y: The Last Man, either.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Denyer wrote:Another post-apocalyptic world with zombies and survivalists.
Ah, but it's so much better than any zombie movie. It shows what happens after the initial outbreaks and seems to be heading towards some sort of conclusion that's more than "everyone dies."

Re: Max Brooks - No, this isn't his project, but it's similar to World War Z in that it shows survivors' stories. His comic series starts in January, I think.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Sir Auros wrote: Re: Max Brooks - No, this isn't his project, but it's similar to World War Z in that it shows survivors' stories. His comic series starts in January, I think.
Ah thanks I look forward to it. I've read his survival guide so I'll buy wwz to tide me over as well as checking this out.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Well it's fun so far [up to issue 9]. Some fresh ideas in an otherwise repetitive horror sub-genre, hope it keeps up that way.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

On the subject of post-apoc/disaster-movie-type-stuff I did enjoy...

http://johndiesattheend.com/

The full book isn't available on the site anymore, as they've got a proper book deal now. However, lots of people obviously saved it, so here you go for anyone interested --

http://rapidshare.com/files/130788636/dvwgjdzebz.rar

-- I heartily recommend it (note: a bit sweary, and some of the humour is a bit juvenile whilst also being hilarious) and will definitely be grabbing the mass-market edition when it comes out.

"It's a drug that promises an out-of-body experience with each hit. On the street they call it Soy Sauce, and users drift across time and dimensions. But some who come back are no longer human. Suddenly a silent otherworldly invasion is underway, and mankind needs a hero. What it gets instead is John and David, a pair of college dropouts who can barely hold down jobs. Can these two stop the oncoming horror in time to save humanity? No. No, they can't."