[Original RPG] Profile : Perceptor

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
slartibartfast

Profile : Perceptor

Post by slartibartfast »

hellooo, Mr one-track mind is back with another thread on our favorite microscope. Seriously, I was going to do a history of the character in the RPG, for future reference.

edit :

check the timestamp of this post for an idea of when it was last updated. it's currently my notepad for jotting down ideas, so it's probably a bit of a mess.

Perceptor [universe profile]
current status : active. 100%.
current location : Kalis.

Strength 7
Intelligence 10
Speed 2
Endurance 7
Rank 7
Courage 8
Firepower 8
Skill 10

Characterisation
Most of the stuff that was put down in [this thread] was used as a foundation for Percy.

The central piece of his character is that he has his own perception [pun intended] of good and evil. Perceptor abhors violence, viewing it as a base, primitive instinct that should be removed. He is contemptuous towards those who resort to it, Autobot and Decepticon alike. Consequently, he has absolutely no respect, or mercy, for anyone who confronts him and forces him to fight. He fights dirty, and views any notion of morals in war as ridiculous, a contradiction in terms. He could be seen from certain angles to be somewhat nihilistic... [needs to be developed]

However, he does enjoy pitting his intellect against others, finding the intellectual challenge stimulating, especially against an opponant who doesn't think with his fists, or at worst, satisfying.

There is a short background piece [here] that has yet to be expanded upon, where a young Percy lets ambition take control. His thirst for knowledge, if unchecked, can lead him into darker waters, where everything, and everyone, are abstracted, mere pawns of his curiosity.

Perceptor is never in a hurry. He never runs. His hand-to-hand combat style is more akin to some form of tai-chi or aikido. Slow and calculated.

RPG activity
played by Philcom [july '02 - jan '03]
Picking Up the Pieces : Autobot Medic. repairing Omega Supreme.
The Chaos Effect : Divided loyalties Medic. Working on Lockpick (fanchar).

Played by Armorwind [may '03 - jan '04]
Returns: The Homecoming : Polite conversation with the historian professor Stall. Seemingly he revives the Protectobots (I'll need to read that fully).
Broken Peace: Chapter 1- Autobots : Cures Blades from the hate plague.
Innovations : Working with Quintesson scientist Theres and Quickmix, creates a temporary invunerability potion.

Played briefly by Soundwave online. [June '04]

Played by Polaris, and then by Reflector [nov '05- sept '06]
End of the Line: Renaissance : Makes CPU components for new Guardian drones. Medic : Repairs Blades... again.

Played by slartibartfast [feb '07 - ?]
Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Kalis) : Sniper. Combat.

I'll edit this about once I've done my research, aight ? :)
zigzagger

Re: Profile : Perceptor....Where's my ****in' column?

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
I'll edit this about once I've done my research, aight ? :)

So, ummmm, about that research.......

**cracks the scourge (of truth) a few times** ;)
verytired

Re: Re: Profile : Perceptor....Where's my ****in' column?

Post by verytired »

Originally posted by zigzagger

**cracks the scourge (of truth) a few times** ;)

Poor Scourge!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Originally posted by zigzagger

edit :

Photon Acceleration Weaponry [P.A.W.] : A practical study in urban warfare
last edited by perceptor at timecode 59-191-291-1-16824

Photon accelerator weapons are virtually noiseless. Only its' signature faint crescendo whine, akin to that of a photobots' flashgun charging up, belies the imminent activation of such a device. Activating the device releases the accumulated energy as a pulse of electromagnetic radiation moving at the speed of light. Upon impact, its' composing photons are absorbed, transferring energy and momentum proportional to their frequency to their target. Energy consumption of the weapon is also proportional to the frequency, higher frequencies requiring larger amounts of energon.

Applications in dense atmospheric environments has the drawback of intermediate matter being struck by the discharge, resulting in light and heat emissions along the trajectory arc. Although brief and relatively unpronounced, these risk being detected and revealing the shooters' position. Using ultra-violent or infra-red frequencies outside of sensor envelope range can help attenuate this, but operating at such frequencies greatly reduces the versatility of the weapon as optimal effects upon most materials are achieved within the visible light spectrum. Deflagration caused by the heat also produces a distinctive 'zap' sound.

At long range these aren't much of a problem, but at shorter range it is recommended to operate at very high frequency. Even at the cost of higher energy consumption.

Follow this link for standard sniper tactics and techniques.
Follow this link for Quantum Interpolation rifles.
Follow this link for Sentient Projectile weaponry. (illegal by autobot code)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Energy to Matter Conversion fields [E.M.C.] : Defensive installations against mass troop formations
ast edited by perceptor at timecode 45-899-36-548-5-1239

I haven't written the article yet, but I need the http address of the post. sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWAPtwDkxw

here's a little something while you wait.