Rifftrax Transformers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Neotyrant

Rifftrax Transformers

Post by Neotyrant »

Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbet of Mystery Science Theater 3000 will be giving the live action Transformers movie the Rifftrax treatment:

http://www.rifftrax.com

If you want to see the board announcment:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,5946.60.html

It's been done by fans at TF conventions, but this is the closest to an 'official' MST3K TF movie we'll ever get (at least until they decide to do the original animated one). These guys are harsh. Don't bother downloading the track unless you've got a good sense of humor about your own interests.

:p
"Hey, I just thought of something. Why are we doing this?"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I recall the oriignals they used to have on a Sunday mourning on Sci-Fi were fun, but are these solo efforts worth the money?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Neotyrant

Post by Neotyrant »

Well, I'll admit that I'm a bit biased so I would say yes. But since I'm just trying to spread the word and not trying to sell anything (I don't work for Rifftrax, I'm just a fan), I would say it's completely up to you.

The homepage has a number of movie samples if you want to investigate first. I believe some of the older riffs are also cheaper if you want to try an entire movie to see what it's about. Again, all up to you.
"Hey, I just thought of something. Why are we doing this?"
Terome

Post by Terome »

Brilliant! I will purchase this with drunken enthusiasm and never look back!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Neotyrant
Don't bother downloading the track unless you've got a good sense of humor about your own interests.
http://shop.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/transformers

They don't actually seem very funny, if the ad copy is anything like the commentaries...

The text one Ratbat did way back when for the original movie was quite entertaining, but I think he finds embarrassing these days and didn't want hosted online.

So I'm not now pointing out it's been immortalised in newsgroup posts...

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.to ... 5f66aaf50b
Terome

Post by Terome »

They don't actually seem very funny, if the ad copy is anything like the commentaries...

The ad copy is putting me off, too. I am choosing to believe that totally different people are involved with the website. My love for MST3K is fierce and will withstand all evidence!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Oh, dear. These guys doing the movie.......

Here's hoping Bay has a sense of humor........
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Doesn't make any difference if he doesn't like it; assuming I'm reading correctly, all Rifftrax are are commentaries that play alongside your own store-purchased copy of the disc.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

Rifftrax is hilarious. They are going to tear this movie to shreds.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Denyer

So I'm not now pointing out it's been immortalised in newsgroup posts...

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.to ... 5f66aaf50b

Yay! Their one for Doctor Who: The American Movie With The Pertwee Logo was good as well.

To bew honest though, i can't see me ever paying for something I can succesfully recreate by watching the Movie with a beer.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

M'eh, style works okay for a cheap B-movie... for anything approaching a proper film where there isn't stupid stuff happening literally every scene, less so, becuase the nature of the format is the hosts can't shut up for more than a few seconds, so for every hit (that, to be honest, probably involves jokes we've all heard before (I guarantee you things like "Dude, did he just walk right by those Air Force One guards?" and "Dude, the black guy always dies in sci-fi movies, even if he's a robot, huh huh huh" will be in there). And a fiver says one of the hosts will 'transform' into something 'crazy' with 'hilarious' results.

Though the idea of getting one of these things, and then doing a 'Rifftrax' for the Rifftrax pointing out how painfully unfunny it is does appeal.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

If you hadnt heard one. I would listen to one. They are really funny. Just listen to some of the free samples. They make it work.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER