Gary Chalk and David Kaye confirmed for Transformers Cybertron

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Transformers Cybertron

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Revialed to me by Gary Chalk (Optimus Primal) at Transformerscon this week-end, there is a new Transformers series due out late this year, or early next. The new series supposedly called Transformers Cybertron follows Energon.
Gary Chalk and David Kaye (Megatron) are going to be involved, and have done a test reading of the script. Timeline? Location? Characters? Events? I have no clue. But it will be in CG animation (Energon style).
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Presumably the English dub of Galaxy Force.

Cybertron's not as mysterious as your post seems to indicate, but, at least, our logical conclusions are indeed confirmed. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
follows Energon
Yup, but by "followed" was there any indication of whether it follows on from plotwise, or is just the successor (like Beast Wars was to G2)?
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

I'm pretty sure that he said that it would follow the Energon story (an Armada to Energon sort of thing).

Another funny thing is that Gary said that he and David had to audition again in order to get the parts of Prime and Megatron again.:laugh:

Who else were they going to pick?
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Capn

Re:

Post by Capn »

I'll pass, I'm tired of David Kaye's overly sophisticated Megatron, and Gary Chalk's friendly Uncle-style Prime!
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Personally, I'm just tired of Optimus and Megatron PERIOD. I wouldn't mind some successors.

But in regards to the voice talent: I love those guys and their renditions of the characters soif we have to have Optimus and Megatron I'm glad they're being portrayed by Chaulk and Kaye.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

... well... I can't say I'm surprised... though it would've been nice if they had gotten cullen to at least audition for Prime....
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, that would have been lovely. "Peter, come and audition for Transformers. We won't be able to afford you, I suspect the whole thing's a bit below you anyway, but come along and waste an afternoon! The fans'll love it".

I can really see that now.
Capn

Post by Capn »

Well at least try different VAs for the rolls, Prime needs to sound less middle aged man, and more tough.
Megatron needs to sound less sophisticated and more cruel.

Post by Guest »

I really like a sophisticated Megatron... G1 Megs screamed way too often, which really got on my nerves...
Nevermore

Re: Transformers Cybertron

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
Revialed to me by Gary Chalk (Optimus Primal)

HE TELL ME!

SCNR :D
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
capn

Post by capn »

Originally posted by Guest
I really like a sophisticated Megatron... G1 Megs screamed way too often, which really got on my nerves...

But that's what made him a better badguy!
And Kaye is just too untalented to try a DIFFERENT voice when they repaint his character into Galvatron, which in itself is lame.
Frank Welker can't be THAT expensive considering almost every cartoon under the sun has him doing SOMETHING in it.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by capn
Frank Welker can't be THAT expensive considering almost every cartoon under the sun has him doing SOMETHING in it.

Actually, he really is. Only certain studios (like Disney, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers, whatever Matt Groening's is called) can afford him.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Kaye is just too untalented to try a DIFFERENT voice when they repaint his character into Galvatron.

Well, i suggest you check Kaye's resume:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0443286/

As you can see, he had many many parts,and he is by far not the cheapest VA out there. He is also extremly talented. One of his most memorible parts were Prof-X in X-men EVO, about 20 video game charecters(including R&C as Clank) and 4000000 more VA works and even some tv roles.

Oh and BTW, I don't seem to remember S3 Galvatron in G1 had such a diffrent voice than G1 Megatron. It's just like Kaye did both Savage/Noble and Megatron in BM.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
capn

Post by capn »

I still don't care for his voice, I don't care how many things he's been in, Takara needs to hand the dubbing to ADV or something.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Oh great, those guys are back, whoopee doo, it means nothing if they don't work together in the same recording studio, Energon required alot of intereactions during character moments and fight scenes and failed miserably in many respsects, even when the character was on their lonesome and talked to themselves it was the most unconvincing rubbish I ever heard. I hope this story about Gonzo being strict about dubbing is true otherwise I'd write Cybertron off right now.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Oh great, those guys are back, whoopee doo, it means nothing if they don't work together in the same recording studio

What? I didn't know this even occurred. Is this true? Anyone? And if so, then why weren't Chalk and Kaye in the same room? :confused:
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Originally posted by Civ
What? I didn't know this even occurred. Is this true? Anyone? And if so, then why weren't Chalk and Kaye in the same room? :confused:

Because its a dub. I think dubs are usually done with each voice actor indivdually.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Twenty years ago. He can afford to be choosy these days.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
Because its a dub. I think dubs are usually done with each voice actor indivdually.

Which helps explain why dub jobs are usually piss-poor.

I doubt I'll be watching the dubbed version of Galaxy Force, but it's good to know Chalk and Kaye are on board. I'd rather have David kaye than Welker at any rate.