BOTCON is back!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

BOTCON is back!

Post by Nevermore »

Evidently, Karl Hartman and Pete Sinclair have confirmed at TransformersCon that the name "BotCon" has been sold to Fun Publications Inc., which means that BotCon is officially back.

The convention will be held from September 22nd-25th, 2005 at the Embassy Suites in Frisco, Texas, a suburb north of Dallas. Registration begins May 1st.

There will be exclusive toys and everything else.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread70985.html
http://www.tfans.com/index.php?showtopic=21539
http://www.allspark.com/modules.php?nam ... =0&thold=0
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Having it during the Fall is going to make it difficult for me to attend. Summer cons are better for teachers and college students.

I'm hoping it's that time of the year instead of the summer this year just because of the change of hands with the convention and it won't become a tradition.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well, what are everyoone's thoughts on this instead of meeting up in Chicago in August?

Would you rather have a meet-up in Chicago and skip the con this year?

Let me hear your thoughts...
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Summer cons are better for teachers and college students.
Yep, and students make up a great portion of the fandom. I hope they don't decide to call it quits if the turnout stinks this year. Decent enough location, though.

August in Chicago sounds prime to me. Just don't know if I'll have the money or time this year...
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

... don't look at me. I'd rather do the con, myself, but I REFUSE to go solo... and moreso, the timing and cash I'll require for it are probably just not feasible this year... *sigh*
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well, I'm probably not going to the con. I simply can't afford travel and hotel expenses and still have money to buy anything let alone have money to live off of once I got back home.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

i am very sure i am out.. its easier to win the lottrey then to get enough time of to travel that far away..
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Damn my inability to make it to the states or my inability to warp in a second.

However, with the new convention centre in Perth something is bound to pop up soon in WA.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Regardless of Botcon being back, I will still be awaiting the official word from Hasbro as to the whereabouts of the official Transformers convention. They have yet to make a statement as to when and where it will be, and have not made any comment as to connecting Botcon to their "Official" convention. Hopefully the official convention will be located in the midwest where the majority of us can attend. Having it in Chicago is great, but last years convention just wasn't that well organized, compared to the previous year when everybody convened at the Hyatt. Last year just seemed like a drag, wiggling your way in between the countless other conventions of gamers, and haunted movie goers. Part of the time I didn't know if I was even in the right line. I really need to find a club down town next time to go to, to escape the boredom.
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

"Yes, Skylynx. And no force in the universe can stop it this time."

Man, two posts so far, and both are really bad jokes . . .
Civ

Post by Civ »

Depends for me. If I can get a job and save some money by then, I could go; however, this is not a surefired deal.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

It'll depend for me. Once I find out how much registration, hotel, etc., will be, I can figure it out.
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

Originally posted by Windrazor
Regardless of Botcon being back, I will still be awaiting the official word from Hasbro as to the whereabouts of the official Transformers convention. They have yet to make a statement as to when and where it will be, and have not made any comment as to connecting Botcon to their "Official" convention. Hopefully the official convention will be located in the midwest where the majority of us can attend. Having it in Chicago is great, but last years convention just wasn't that well organized, compared to the previous year when everybody convened at the Hyatt. Last year just seemed like a drag, wiggling your way in between the countless other conventions of gamers, and haunted movie goers. Part of the time I didn't know if I was even in the right line. I really need to find a club down town next time to go to, to escape the boredom.

this new botcon is teh offical con... Hasbro gave to rights to teh Con to Fun Publications and they inturn bought the rights to teh name BotCon, in turn makeing it offical
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Gesani
this new botcon is teh offical con... Hasbro gave to rights to teh Con to Fun Publications and they inturn bought the rights to teh name BotCon, in turn makeing it offical

Exactly.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.