Bowspearer's Transformers figure clearout.

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
bowspearer

Bowspearer's Transformers figure clearout.

Post by bowspearer »

Currently selling off excess transformers to raise some funds for medical expenses. Late last year I was nearly beaten to death in a random attack by a violent drunk, which has left me with what will eventually be around $17000 worth of medical expenses. While there is a compensation scheme here, it is rather limited so I'm trying to get a bit of money towards them.

As a seller, my eBay feedback is 100% so feel safe in the knowledge that there are no hidden surprises with any transactions you do with me (as a buyer there's some retaliatory feedback from dodgy sellers in there- like i'm gonna let a dodgy seller get away with screwing me over with the whole mutual withdrawl of feedback crap heh).

All prices listed are in Australian dollars:

LOOSE:

Beast Wars
Waspinator $20 -PENDING
Beast mode
Robot mode
Mutant head
Robot head
Missiles

Beast Machines
Buzzsaw- $10
Beast mode
Robot mode

Cheetor- $30
Beast mode
Robot mode
Weapon

Nightscream- $40
Beast mode top view
Beast mode bottom view
Robot mode front view
Robot mode rear view
launcher
Spark chamber activated

Scavenger- $10
vehicle mode
Robot mode

Tankorr- $30
Vehicle mode rear view
Vehicle mode front view
Attack mode
Robot mode

Thrust- $20
Vehicle mode
Mech mode
Robot mode

$160 total- $90 for the lot

BOXED:
MISB 10th Anniversary Rhinox (US version, complete with DVD)- $35
Front
Rear
base
Left side
Right side

MIB TM Scavenger(Inferno)- $30
Front
Rear
base
Left side
Right side

MISB BM Megatron- $40
Front
Rear
base
Left side
Right side

MISB BM Rattrap- $40
Front
Rear
base
Left side
Right side

MOSC RiD Bruticus $60
Front
Rear

MOSC Super Sideburn $25
Front
Rear

MOSC RiD Wedge $25
Front
Rear

MISB RID Galvatron $40
Front
Rear
base
Left side
Right side

MIB Micron Legend Ironhide $30
Front
Rear
base
Left side
Right side

MISB Ironhide with MOSC Energon Saber $50
Front
Rear
base
Right side

MOSC Razorclaw vs Steamhammer $8
Front
Rear
base

MOSC Kobushi vs Landslide $8
Front
Rear
base
Left side

MOSC Deluxe Concept Movie Bumblebee $30
Front
Rear

Depending on what people buy, I'm open to negotiable prices on the boxed figures.

A couple of things- these guys are coming from Australia, so obviously international shipping rates apply, if you don't live in Australia. I have no intetion of making money on shipping as that's something that grates with me when sellers try pulling that with me. What you'll pay for shipping is what Australia Post charges.

I accept Paypal, however if you wish to pay with Paypal, the items will be sent via a shipping method that includes tracking.

Also, while any local fans can look at pickup as an option, and provided it's not too far out of my way, I'm happy to meet up with people in Sydney (ideally in Hornsby or Eastwood) and in Newcastle (around the Civic works best for me).

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, even if you can't post in here yet.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Pro-tip: set your location in your profile and link your trade thread from your sig.
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

After talking to Ackula today it seems that alot of people have issues with the prices I've set. What I should point out is that I've told people to make an offer, meaning that I'm open to offers which might not be in the ballpark of what I put down. Basically I went looking online and put down prices based on middle of the road prices on eBay which I figured were a fair indication of what they might be worth. However that doesn't mean I wont accept offers less than those prices.

When people are going to be making offers, you always put down your maximum asking price as you'll inevitably have it knocked down, whereas in these situations, the prices never go higher than what you initially state.

In short, don't worry if what you were thinking of offering is not as high as the price I put down as an asking price. Just offer what you think is a fair price and we'll go from there.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Final value prices aren't too bad an indicator, but initial listing prices often don't get any bids.
When people are going to be making offers, you always put down your maximum asking price as you'll inevitably have it knocked down
Personally I just invite offers, and quote something I consider reasonable if people press me to make the first move. Not much of a barter culture in the UK that I've ever noticed.
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

Denyer wrote:Final value prices aren't too bad an indicator, but initial listing prices often don't get any bids.

Personally I just invite offers, and quote something I consider reasonable if people press me to make the first move. Not much of a barter culture in the UK that I've ever noticed.

My point was more one of, if people want something or several items but feel that a fair price is different to what I've listed, to feel free to offer it and go from there. The impression I was getting from Ackula was that people werei nterested but scared off by some of the prices I've listed, so I just wanted to deal with the issue and clear the air with it :).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm, not arguing, just making the point that some people won't bargain (whether because they don't want to seem impolite or aren't interested in back-and-forth) and they'll just pass over to waiting for things to come up on eBay. There's not quite the same "will I ever see one of these in this condition again" factor with more recent lines.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

1. TF fans are cheapo bastards. As said, TF figures are so plentiful (and this goes for vintage stuff as well; you can find any Western release and all but the most obscure Japanese stuff on ebay at any given time), most TF buyers are always on the look-out for the bargain, which generally involves watching anything at around 99c until about three hours before it finishes, at which point people start bidding and half of them shove off and/or poring over endless job lots just in case some kid's somehow ended up with Henkei Thundercracker and his mum's listing it in the same lot as two broken Megazords under the listing title "RAR GUNDAN FIGERS!". While there's half a chance of an auction going a couple of bucks cheaper, people will go for that (especially, in the nicest possible way, as ebay offers some security, rather than a trade forum on a board).

2. Yeh, asking offers tends to put people off... I had an ebay shop for about a year, with everything having Best Offer as an option. Excluding a couple of tits trying it on by offering about 10%, I think I sold something like three or four listings via that method, most at around 5% off. And it works both ways - I tend not to make Best Offers as, well, it's rude and there's always a chance the seller on the other end thinks your idea of a reasonable offer is a piss-take, and refuses to sell to you.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Cliffjumper wrote: Yeh, asking offers tends to put people off... I had an ebay shop for about a year, with everything having Best Offer as an option. Excluding a couple of tits trying it on by offering about 10%, I think I sold something like three or four listings via that method, most at around 5% off. And it works both ways - I tend not to make Best Offers as, well, it's rude and there's always a chance the seller on the other end thinks your idea of a reasonable offer is a piss-take, and refuses to sell to you.
I don't use E-bay that much, so my opinion may not be worth much (and perhaps some of you can set me straight :)); however, I've gotten the point that I flatly don't believe Sellers are willing to accept anything much lower than their original asking price.

My expereience has been that I'd make an offer around what I'd like to pay, but not (I hope) low enough to be insulting (say offer $16 USD for listing of $25). I have the expectation that the offer will be rejected, and a counter-offer made (say $23), to which I'll make a new offer ($20). Then we either deal or not.

This never happens.

Generally, I'll make my offer; it's rejected outright with no counter. Not being sure if this a limitation of E-Bay's software, I usually make a second and third offer. Yet my offers are never accepted, even if I offer within a few dollers of the asking price.

As I said, I don't use E-Bay much, so it's possible I just had the luck of dealing with twats, but it's happened often enough that I don't bother.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Cliffjumper wrote:1. TF fans are cheapo bastards. As said, TF figures are so plentiful (and this goes for vintage stuff as well; you can find any Western release and all but the most obscure Japanese stuff on ebay at any given time), most TF buyers are always on the look-out for the bargain
Not only that, but also the fact that this forum seems to exist more as a way to trade with friends, than a place to sell stuff off. I can only speak from experience, but most of the dealings I have had here were more of the "I'll trade you this for your lot of that" variety, and not straight selling things for specific prices.

That being said, I have also sold a few things on here right out, but IIRC each instance was more along the lines of me being in deep shit financially, and friends on here helped me out by buying my shit for less than average prices (or in a few rare cases offered me way more than I ask for, just to help me out of a bind..yes some people are that damn nice here!).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Not being sure if this a limitation of E-Bay's software, I usually make a second and third offer. Yet my offers are never accepted, even if I offer within a few dollers of the asking price.
There is an option to specify an automatic rejection level, which I did use in the end because I was fed up with the piss-takers. But I agree about the counter-offer thing - some sellers do use it to draw potential buyers in and make a counter that really is only an insignificant amount below the wanted price.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Bowspearer -

Personally, I checked your list a few days ago. The first item on your list is Movie Deluxe 08 Bumblebee, which you're selling for around $24 plus shipping. As soon as I saw that you were selling a toy less than two years old for more than twice its original retail price and for more than at least 15-20 people on eBay are asking, I didn't even bother reading on. Putting prices that obscenely high just turns off many people who might otherwise be interested in your wares, myself included. Just trying to help. :)
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

List updated with sold items removed.
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Bowspearer -

Personally, I checked your list a few days ago. The first item on your list is Movie Deluxe 08 Bumblebee, which you're selling for around $24 plus shipping. As soon as I saw that you were selling a toy less than two years old for more than twice its original retail price and for more than at least 15-20 people on eBay are asking, I didn't even bother reading on. Putting prices that obscenely high just turns off many people who might otherwise be interested in your wares, myself included. Just trying to help. :)
You're from the US aren't you Vin? :p
How I knew was that the retail price you quoted as being standard, ONLY happens in the US :p.

To give you an odea of Australian retail TF prices, Scouts over here sell for $17 (currently between $12.75USD and $13.60USD depending on the exchange rate on a given day), Deluxes for around $30 ($22.50-$24USD), Megas for $50 ($33.75-$36USD), Ultras for $60 ($45-$48USD), Supers for $90 ($67.50-$72USD) and Supreme class figures for $120 ($90-$96 USD). Oh and from what I understand from UK fans, they pay about 10% more than Australians do ;).

Just thought it was worth putting things in perspective ;).
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

Urgently in need of some funds so open to some crazy pricing on lots of these figures (all prices in Australian dollars - ucrrently 1 Australian dollar is work abotu 80 US cents):

G1-
Zap $10

G2-
Gobot Bumblebee $10

Beast Wars

Waspinator $20

Beast Machines

Basics- $10 each
Buzzsaw
Scavenger

Deluxes- $20 each
Blastcharge