Confirmation for Alternators Jaguar?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Confirmation for Alternators Jaguar?

Post by Nevermore »

Source:
http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=50114

Apparently confirmed by Marcelo Matere, who is doing the box artwork.

I couldn't find a corresponding thread at ATB, but I did confirmation from another Brazilian fan that Marcelo did indeed confirm working on the box artwork. He refused to state a character name, however.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

UPDATE:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/forum_da_ATB ... 285&st=855

Second to last post. This is where it came from.

Thanks to Quantumhawk for the link.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

So any thoughts on what the major difference (besides car modes) for Ravage A (corvette) and Ravage B (Jaguar) will be? Why do two of the same character (besides the alleged 20th anniversary prime being more of an alternator than dodge ram prime)?

edit**

Just saw the pic of an artist conception, aka fanpic, if it lookedl ike that i would love it!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Nevermore
UPDATE:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/forum_da_ATB ... 285&st=855

Second to last post. This is where it came from.

Thanks to Quantumhawk for the link.

so umm yeah, i can't read brazilian :confused:
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Originally posted by Darth Zax
so umm yeah, i can't read [Portuguese]
Clay

Post by Clay »

Just had a thought... it doesn't really make sense for there to be two Ravages in the same line, even if they are different cars, unless the robot modes are very contrasting as well.

So... while the Corvette Ravage turns into a humanoid robot with a cat head, maybe the Jaguar Ravage turns into a feline robot it... with a cat head.

It'd be a great nod to the original while not completely displacing the Corvette version.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Well... without going off to actually check sources and boring **** like that... isn't the Corvette actually BW Ravage? Meaning that, from a storyline perspective, there's also present day Ravage wandering around as well?

So, in plot terms, two Ravages is completely acceptable.

Or did I imagine the bit where Hasbro effectively acknowledged the BT story?

[EDIT] and if that Amazon listing were correct... wouldn't it say Battle Ravage?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

From what I remember, the original ravage was stuck inside his casette player, so it was a melding of the two.
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

Well... without going off to actually check sources and boring **** like that... isn't the Corvette actually BW Ravage? Meaning that, from a storyline perspective, there's also present day Ravage wandering around as well?

Beast Wars Ravage is G1 Ravage. He survived all the way past the great war between Autobots and Decepticons, and was rebuilt as a Predicon. He became an agent for the Tripredacus Council, and was sent to kill BW Megatron because he was running his own agenda. When he captured Megatron, however, he joined him when Megs revealed that on the Golden Disk, the Autobot Artifact which is actually the Voyager Golden Record, the orginal G1 Megatron encripted a message telling any remaining Decepticons (now Preds) to go back in time using new Transwarp Technology and kill G1 Optimus Prime. This would change history in favor of the Decepticons, making them winners of the Great War and rulers of Cybertron. Interestingly enough, Ravage could still turn into a Cassett tape, and instead of the normal transforming sounds in Beast Wars, it played the old G1 transforming sound.

As Ravage and Megs attacked the Maximals, Rattrap broke into Ravage's ship and tossed in some grenades which blew Ravage and his ship to pieces, killing him for good.

There ya go! I just happen to be a Beast Wars fanatic.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Darclipto
Beast Wars Ravage is G1 Ravage.

Yes, thanks for that. However the remains of BW Ravage were discovered in the "present day" and reused to create the Alternators version. Was my point.

Temporal anomoly resulting in the coexistance of two chronal variants of the same entity at the same point in a timeline.

At the point Ravage wakes up on the Ark, his future self is also on Earth. If I'm remembering right, it's the remains of Future/BW Ravage which are used to create the Alternators version.

Okay, Jaguar and Binaltech, but you get the picture.
Darclipto
Protoform

Post by Darclipto »

Oh... I see... I thought you thought BW Ravage was an entirely different character... now I feel stupid :wall:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Brendocon
At the point Ravage wakes up on the Ark, his future self is also on Earth. If I'm remembering right, it's the remains of Future/BW Ravage which are used to create the Alternators version.

With G1 Ravage in stasis lock stored in the dashboard in cassette form providing the Spark...
exodus42
Protoform

Post by exodus42 »

I hope this will be the first car that turns into an animal and have it start a new trend in the Transformers. Imagine, Sqwakbox, Buzzsaw, Headstrong, and Ratbat having various vehicle forms and still turning into animals. Darool, Daroool.
If you want "peace" the only thing you must do is...DIE
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Nevermore
With G1 Ravage in stasis lock stored in the dashboard in cassette form providing the Spark...

Aces. See, if I bothered checking facts before posting then you'd have nothing to do. ;)
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by exodus42
I hope this will be the first car that turns into an animal and have it start a new trend in the Transformers. Imagine, Sqwakbox, Buzzsaw, Headstrong, and Ratbat having various vehicle forms and still turning into animals. Darool, Daroool.

that would be a very bad idea IMO
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

that would be a very bad idea IMO

I disagree. I think it would f'ing SWEET!!!! Can you imagine an articulated Ravage as a panther??? Course it would beg the argument--does Soundwave become an Ultra-Magnus-type car carrier then for his animal/car friends? :laugh:
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Ford DeceptiFocus
I disagree. I think it would f'ing SWEET!!!! Can you imagine an articulated Ravage as a panther???

oh, the horror
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

oh, the horror

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a Jaguar commercial a year or two back where the car turned into an animal? Or was that a different car company? Either way, the commercial was awesome and possibly provided the inspiration for the toy IMO.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Springer007
If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a Jaguar commercial a year or two back where the car turned into an animal? Or was that a different car company? Either way, the commercial was awesome and possibly provided the inspiration for the toy IMO.

I was thinking about that commercial yesterday afternoon, actually.

Don't remember the brand, though. Might have been Jaguar, might have been Mercury (?) Cougar.

Either way, it sets precedent.