Doomsday comes to Smallville?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Galvatron91

Doomsday comes to Smallville?

Post by Galvatron91 »

So according to my sister, Doomsday will be on Smallville tonight, count me as the skeptics on them pulling this off and being able to make it in the same zip code as cool. I have to admit though, the ploy has worked enough to get me to probably watch tonight...anyone else with the same morbid curiousity and low expectations?
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

As he's "a bartender who knows that theres a monster inside him".... yes. I really want to see this....
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Oddly enough I didn't even know Smallville was still on. Remember liking it just enough, but not being totally into it.

I heard that they had some JL members on it once. Has he encountered a young Bruce Wayne at all?
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I didn't even knew that the new season was out.
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

I would like Clark Kent to encounter Bruce Wayne and Wonder woman -Diana and other superheroes alias and maybe some other early bad guys. Maybe he will meet Solomon Grudy or one of Batman's or Wonder woman' enemies or some other superhero' enemies?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Isn't this new series the "JLA" series? where they actually form the League?
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I think its the guy from the new star wars game.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Not watched Smallville for a few years but it seems Smallville has completely abandoned the whole Superman growing up idea because they ran out of ideas and are basically just giving his whole life story on the cheap?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Saw this thread up here, and since I watched the "Doomsday" episode this past week, I must say that it was awesome. I've been watching Smallville religiously since Season 4, and it has gotten much better this year than it has been in the past two seasons. There are new writers this year (the old ones for Seasons 1-7 are done) and I think the new guys have got some fresh ideas and are keeping things exciting. To answer a few questions for everyone who hasn't been watching it:

1) It's still on, and in Season 8.

2) There have been Justice League characters on the show, they make appearances every now and then. The JLA characters to appear are:

The Flash (Bart Allen version)
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Cyborg
Aquaman (biggest turd of a hero, basically put on the show so Erica Durance (Lois) could be in a bikini - bonus!)
Martian Manhunter (mostly plays as Jon Jonzz, a detective with Metropolis PD)

**Black Canary, Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg, and Green Arrow still work in the background as the JL.

3) Doomsday is now on the show, mostly in shadow. He's played by the actor that was also the lead in Star Wars: Force Unleashed. His character name on the show is Davis Bloome and he's a paramedic who also happens to be General Zod & Faora's son.

4) Last season Kara (Supergirl) was around, but only makes small appearances now and then (which is a shame because she's HOOOOOTTT).

5) Chloe is still around, Lana is gone (thank the lord), and Lois has been around for the past couple seasons. Lex Luthor has also departed as of the last episode of last season.

6) Braniac has been around and plays a lasting role on the show (whether physically there or not).

7) Clark & Lois work across from each other at the Daily Planet.

8) Clark still sometimes acts like a douche and hasn't put on the suit yet (or properly flown for that matter), and goes to the Fortress of Solitude on multiple occasions.

9) Jimmy Olsen also works at the Daily Planet and recently married Chloe.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

ganon578 wrote:3) Doomsday is now on the show, mostly in shadow. He's played by the actor that was also the lead in Star Wars: Force Unleashed.
Sam Witwer. He also played Crashdown in the reimagined BSG.
4) Last season Kara (Supergirl) was around, but only makes small appearances now and then (which is a shame because she's HOOOOOTTT).
Any connection to the Kara/Supergirl who was in... erm... season 3? Was it 3? I can't remember. I gave up after the first episode of season 6. The one who turned out to be just a random waif who Jor-El worked some mojo on to trick Clark into embracing his destinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Halfshell wrote:Sam Witwer. He also played Crashdown in the reimagined BSG.

Any connection to the Kara/Supergirl who was in... erm... season 3? Was it 3? I can't remember. I gave up after the first episode of season 6. The one who turned out to be just a random waif who Jor-El worked some mojo on to trick Clark into embracing his destinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Sam Witwer. That's the name, couldn't think of it and was too lazy to check the web for his name.

No connection to the Season 3 Kara/Supergirl. I believe there was something funny going on there, I think she was a meteor freak of some sort that got into the caves way back when. This Kara is actually Clark's cousin, her parents apparently shot her to Earth on a ship too, but was only recently awakened. Back on Krypton she was her early 20's age, and had babysat Clark on Krypton. Plus, she flies on the show, which is also sweet. I'd have to go back to the early seasons on DVD to remember what happened with the other "Supergirl", but as far as I remember, she wasn't a legit Kara.

I wasn't originally too happy with the way they played Jor-El as using some trickery to get Clark to embrace his destiny. In recent seasons, Clark has smoothed things over with Jor-El and it's now more online with the relationship they should have (from the movies & comics). Except for the fact now that Braniac has infected the Fortress. So we'll see how that plays out...
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

The Doomsday episode served as a nice mid-season teaser...I guess if you are saying the rest of the season has been decent and there are new writers, I may give it a whirl when it comes back from hiatus in January. I did like how Clark got his ass handed to him on a plate with one punch...though I just about vomited when Lana showed up.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Galvatron91 wrote:The Doomsday episode served as a nice mid-season teaser...I guess if you are saying the rest of the season has been decent and there are new writers, I may give it a whirl when it comes back from hiatus in January. I did like how Clark got his ass handed to him on a plate with one punch...though I just about vomited when Lana showed up.
IMO, this season has had a few more interesting story lines with the new writers. I think they're trying to cut Clark a little loose and have him do more than just save Chloe or Lana all the damn time. It's been nice to see the writers integrate more of the JLA cast into the story, even if it's behind-the-scenes at times.

And yes, I was truly pissed when Lana made a cameo appearance. Hopefully her run is finished and Smallville can move forward (the season's been a lot better since she's been gone and we haven't had a 'Lana's in trouble, Clark goes to save her, someone might see Clark's abilities but they get knocked out just in time' type of episode).

I'll just say it's been refreshing to see new things this year.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

ganon578 wrote: And yes, I was truly pissed when Lana made a cameo appearance. Hopefully her run is finished and Smallville can move forward.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Don't hold your breath. She's scheduled to appear in the next 4 episodes and then she's done forever.

By the way, did you happen to notice the promo after the last episode? They're bringing in the Legionnaires! From what I could tell there's Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and the Persuader.

There's rumor as well that Toyman could appear in an episode later this year.
Is it me or has this series gotten better without Lex and Lana?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
Don't hold your breath. She's scheduled to appear in the next 4 episodes and then she's done forever.

By the way, did you happen to notice the promo after the last episode? They're bringing in the Legionnaires! From what I could tell there's Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and the Persuader.

There's rumor as well that Toyman could appear in an episode later this year.
Is it me or has this series gotten better without Lex and Lana?
Nice! It hadn't dawned on me what was taking place there (I don't have much experience with those characters outside of the reboot of the JLA comic). I just checked it out on a site I go to on occasion: Kryptonsite

Either way, I get excited when the show introduces people from the DC Universe.

It has good information on episodes, etc., along with news, spoilers, and what not. And yes, the show has gotten MUCH better without Lex & Lana. It just seems to me that the show doesn't tread the same old story lines now that those two are gone.