2008 toys

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Angus
Protoform

2008 toys

Post by Angus »

Which ones are you looking forward the most?

For me, it would have to be the new classics 2.0 line, and a couple of the new movie figures (namely, Stockade and Landmine). I wouldn't mind a few more War Within figures either (Grimlock, Prowl, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, etc) if Hasbro decides to release them after all.

I think I'll pass on TF:Animated. They look great, but just not what I look for in a Transformer. Maybe a little too childish for my taste.

You?
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Mainly the Animated toys to be perfectly honest. I loved Classics as well, and really look forward to those, but to me the Animated figures look more interesting because they are something new and unique to the TF world. I could care less about the movie figures at this point, there were a few that stood out for me and are well designed fun toys, but the vast majority are just not up to par imho.
TristanOfVP
Protoform

Post by TristanOfVP »

Man I just saw the 08 animated toys, this saddens me greatly. Biggest let down since Beast Wars :\ I guess I will finally get around to picking up some new movie toys and maybe some classics.
Looking for a Powermaster Prime Shoulder cannon/smoke stack thinggy.
holygrail_4
Protoform

Post by holygrail_4 »

Classics 2.0 and more Robot Heroes! I love those little guys!

I'd like to think we've seen enough of the movie stuff but I'm expecting to see Repaint City next year.

As for the Animated stuff, well, I have yet to see enough of it to make up my mind but at this stage it's looking like a pass...

Hopefully in the gap till the next movie we might see the odd Alternator or two? *crosses everything*
Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Classics 2.0 for me too.

And the Sky Lynx reissue, but that's not exactly 2008...
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Looking forward to Prowl and BB of ANIMATED.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Classics 2.0 mostly. I'll probably end up getting a couple of the Animated ones, but only the ones I really like.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

-Movie Cliffjumper
-Movie Landmine
-Movie Legends Brawl
-Movie Legends Recon Barricade
-Movie Desert Attack Brawl in both FAB and Leader Class form (probably won't snag both, though)
-Probably most of the Classics/TFU line (haven't seen pics, yet, but if they stick with the current formula, I'll be excited)
takara_destron
Protoform

Post by takara_destron »

Definatly the Animated line, I havn't seen a figure that I don't like so far, I'm really into the different look.

Will most likely get some classics 2.0 too, but I'll have to see them first.

Not interested in any of the movie figures though, if I can just finish the actual cast, possibly Arcee and Thundercracker too I'll be happy.

Recent Aquistions: Movie Voyager Autobot Ratchet, BW Transmetal II Megatron