New Toys.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Chopper
Protoform

New Toys.

Post by Chopper »

I just bought the Target Redeco Movie Starscream and Jazz. Jazz seems to be durable, but his head kind of sinks into his body too much, and I still cant figure out his arms.

Starscream is pretty cool, but mines guns are so sensetive they fire off every time I touch him. He looks very accurate to the movie in both forms, and is relatively easy to transform. I find this to be one of the cooler toys.

Both of them are nice toys, and since they are from target they have their original colors (G1). Im saving up for Wreckage, Ratchet, Optimus, Megatron, Bonecrusher, Bumblebee, and brawl. Thats all they have right now. That Optimus helmet and gun looks a little lame.... (The costume things.)

Well, Adding these to my collection I now have 3 transformers (My other is an armada sideways with no head.) I mostly use my buddy (Who is known as The_Narrator here) Brians toys.
Ackula

Re: New Toys.

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Chopper
I mostly use my buddy (Who is known as The_Narrator here) Brians toys.

Use them for what?!
Wedding Tackle
Protoform

Post by Wedding Tackle »

I have a fair few of the new movie toys.

78 Bumble bee, 08 Bumble bee, Jazz in silver, Jazz in g1 colours, Wreckage, Black out, Swindle, Dreadwing and Long arm.

I also have Barracade, Iron Hide and Brawl but I will be selling these on as I have great difficulty transforming the first two (even if they have good looking molds).

Brawl allas is a little bit to small to fit in with my collection. So I purchased the fast action battler version who is a bit bigger.

I also own another 78 bumble bee but he broke within 10 mins of having him out of the box! (bloody auto morph gimmick)
I really hope they ditch it in future lines. Nice idea but poorly executed.
And they have been fighting till time in the morning!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've got that there Real Gear camera (View Shot? something like that), and the dinky Prime and Bumblebee... most of my toy budget goes on older stuff - I'm gambling that in a couple of years everything's going to be fairly common on the second-hand market.
TheKidHypno
Protoform

Post by TheKidHypno »

this is what i have:

deluxe class: scorponok, longarm, 08 bb, 78 bb, barricade, jazz, g1 jazz, bonecrusher, recon barricade

voyager class: megatron, prime, g1 starscream, g1 ratchet, thundercracker

packs: jazz, bonecrusher, brawl final battle 3 pack, g1 prime+movie prime 2 pack, bb and barricade first encounter 2 pack

and the entire burger king toy set
PresidentSEARS

Post by PresidentSEARS »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I've got that there Real Gear camera (View Shot? something like that), and the dinky Prime and Bumblebee... most of my toy budget goes on older stuff - I'm gambling that in a couple of years everything's going to be fairly common on the second-hand market.

What does your collection include then?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by PresidentSEARS
What does your collection include then?

Gobots. Lots of Gobots.

My TF collection's just various figures I like, mainly from G1/G2 with a bit of RiD and about five figures since then...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Gobots. Lots of Gobots.
That may be the most shocking thing I've read all day.

Mostly I'm more into the Doctor Who figures these days- I can give Martha a personality for one thing.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

While I do have some of the movie toys, they are just not that interesting anymore. I have tired of them much quicker than any of my other TF figures and just really have no interest left in getting any more once I find 08 BB for my son, and maybe Arcee for myself.

I would have to say that one the whole, I much prefer the last two lines of Cybertron and Classics figures much more than the movie figures. The only ones that have really been stand out to me are leader Optimus and voyager Starscream, with Barricade as runner up. The rest are just "meh".
takara_destron
Protoform

Post by takara_destron »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
That may be the most shocking thing I've read all day.

Mostly I'm more into the Doctor Who figures these days- I can give Martha a personality for one thing.

Meh none of the new Who figures have excited me that much (but then I have so many issues with the new series - but I am grateful to see it back), the only ones I've been bothered to get are the Daleks.
But Character-Options doing classic Who toys...that IS something to get excited about.

Recent Aquistions: Movie Voyager Autobot Ratchet, BW Transmetal II Megatron
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well. short haired sixth Doctor is much more exciting than the long haired version...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Wedding Tackle
Protoform

Post by Wedding Tackle »

I've got some old Dr Who toys, about 12 diapol daleks with pull back motors, various colours including the old movie version with the pincher instead of sucker. I also have k9 and silvester mc coy (7th doctor) figure.

I also thimk the classics and cybertron figures are far superior both in look and build quality. I mean you can't fault classics Jet fire.
And they have been fighting till time in the morning!
holygrail_4
Protoform

Post by holygrail_4 »

Originally posted by Wedding Tackle
I also thimk the classics and cybertron figures are far superior both in look and build quality. I mean you can't fault classics Jet fire.
Well said.

Whilst I got the movie cast - no more no less - I'm taking the time to save my pennies for the upcoming Classics 2.0. And the odd hard to find Alternator here and there. *glares at Black Convoy*
Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I haven't been too interested in the Movie lines. I have '74 BB and Barricade. Other than that, I've been interested in the Classics line. I did, however recently buy a LOC Cybertron Sunstorm on eBay, and I'm patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for it to arrive in the mail. What a sweet day that will be.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Of the new Movie line I have precisely one - Starscream. And I got him because he was Starscream. I'd like the Target repaint, but it ain't critical now. The Scraplets have Scorponok, assorted LOC minis and the Real Gear camera, plus there's the mobile 'phone one put aside for Scraplet2's up-coming birthday. New acquisitions are all in the Classics line (I have Soundwave!), and what I can find that I fancy and win on eBay, which is mainly the pvc non-transforming figures.

It's that automorph thing putting me off. I was half-scared I'd snap it to pieces changing Screamer.

The boys also have a large and growing Dr Who collection. It's mainly Daleks and Cybermen, 'nuffzed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Originally posted by Clogs
New acquisitions are all in the Classics line (I have Soundwave!), and what I can find that I fancy and win on eBay, which is mainly the pvc non-transforming figures.

I envy you for getting Soundwave. He's nowhere to be found in Northwest Ohio. Which I suppose is best since if I came home with him someday, my wife might skewer me for spending money on another TF right now.
takara_destron
Protoform

Post by takara_destron »

Right now I'm trying to get all the figures of characters that were actually in the movie (Thundercracker and Arcee may come a bit later but not too interested in the rest) but I'm having difficulty right now as it seems everywhere in Wales has a shortage of deluxe class figures. Looks like I'm going to be getting them online.

Finding classics Soundwave was a pleasant suprise too. I wasn't 100% sure if he was going to be coming to the UK and it didnt help matters that Cardiff's TRU has been reassigned to the middle of nowhere. He's quickly become the favourite in my collection.

Recent Aquistions: Movie Voyager Autobot Ratchet, BW Transmetal II Megatron
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i agree with what ackula said earlier... i have lost most of my interest in the movie line, i think hasbro screwed the boot with them, they look cool- but suck as toys (i buy em to play with for a moment- then display)

i hope for more figures like cybertron Downshift, Scrapmetal, and Hardtop/Swindle... i love those figures (but for gods sake hasbro, no more figures without knees! make those thing posable!)

and the classics 2.0 will hopefully rock (BARRAGE! man i hope he shows up! the G2 bug... i miss him...)
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD