I found some [prime]

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Clay

I found some [prime]

Post by Clay »

Found two of these tonight and bought both with the vague idea that somebody was wanting them. I think Cliffy was after one, so I have at least one on hand for anybody after one.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Jot me down for one mate!! :up:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nabbed one at retail in the end, but thanks anyway :)

IIRC Dalek was looking for one and having no luck, though.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The local Argos has some stock back in, and I've just placed a reservation to go have a look. If it is Wheeljackless, I will return to butter up Mr. Clay...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clay

Post by Clay »

One's heading to Greece for sure. Will hold the other for Dalek in the meantime.

You realize of course that if I send you one, Argos will get them in stock and if you pass, you'll never see them in retail, right?
inflatable dalek

Argos was a wash out, though the fact the duty manager was a foetus almost made the whole trip worthwhile. I will now PM Clay for Wheeljackey goodness.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I still can't work out why UK demand hasn't dropped off yet. Surely the Americans have gratefully stopped buying them en masse off foreigners by now? Are there really that many people interested over here, or are some very stupid scalpers sitting on dozens of Wheeljacks and Soundwaves? Sainsbury's had about a dozen Bumblebees and six Cliffjumpers (waiting for redecos of those moulds before I double-dip) and none of anyone else.
inflatable dalek

That was the same as what Argos had left ("Is this all you have?" "We have Cliffjumper as well" "DO I LOOK LIKE A MAN WHO WANTS A CLIFFJUMPER TO YOU YOUR SCUM!! LOOK AT YOUR BOSS, SHE'S A BABY!").

Is it possible we're just not getting either a wide variety or huge amount of the toys?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I think that at this point, everybody that wanted one has at least one FE Bumblebee\Cliffjumper or both.

RID Bumblebee is three per case of eight. Wheeljack and Cliff are two per case, Soundwave is only one.

I speculate that those who wanted Cliffjumper or BB have already done so via the FE editions, or just BB. Or are just holding out until they get the FE.

Meanwhile, Wheeljack and Soundwave, the two actually new toys and not repeat characters, are there for everybody, regardless of waiting for a release or already having a FE which never existed. And comparatively, they are shortpacked.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, Soundwave is definitely a rarity at the moment. I went to about five stores that had stocked Prime today, and found exactly one Soundwave.

I also picked up a third Wheeljack in case anyone else wants one besides Knightdramon and Dalek. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Are they still scarce? Seem to be lots of Wheeljack in Toys'R'us and some in Asda on Merry Hill, both places pricing at a tenner with standard offers.

(Sorry if anyone's after, not likely to be back there anytime soon.)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It appears to me that their numbers have risen, seeing as wave 02 is exactly the same as wave one with just an extra Ratchet and Arcee figure.

Although Wheeljack, Soundwave AND Cliffjumper disappear from wave 03 and possibly onwards...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I think Bumblebee's just suffering a little bit from so much DotM stock being on the shelves. 95% of kids wouldn't be able to tell you which one was Prime and which one was DotM without the strap-lines, so parents will be going with the cheaper one. Considering he's long-packed he's not doing too badly over here, just not going incredibly quickly. Cliffjumper seems to be the genuine shelf-warmer, which isn't that surprising when he's had about five minutes screen-time, half of which is flashbacks and zombie madness (if/when the Horrorcon version comes out it's going to be the mother of shelf-warmers if it's anything other than very short-packed) and a lot of kids probably don't really know who he is. He's plainly the 'padding' figure of the wave so the more visible characters don't all come out in one go; they'll start to drift away when kids have got the other three.

Here at least I think we're still experiencing some scalper-lag with Wheeljack and Soundwave in some areas, which of course means there're fewer on the shelves which means some impatient sods will go to ebay and pay over RRP which means the scalpers will pick up another two or three of each. Blame the overseas morons spending a fortune on the things because we got them a week ahead of everyone else; scalpers only exist because of the "must have Youtube video review and 300 image flickr gallery before everyone else" mentality. There're just more adult fans with ebay accounts and the funds to invest £100 or so on figures to sell, especially as there aren't that many new TFs around at the minute and god forbid they try some other robot toys.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

The local Target has about 60 deluxe Bumblebees, with Prime taking up about 20, and 40 being divied up into no less than three different DOTM styles. Also, Cyberverse Bumblebee is dominating that row of pegs... The guy is the definition of 'over-exposed'.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

And my wife just bought a legion Cyberverse Bumblebee for my son............
Clay

Post by Clay »

Just picked up another soundwave along with ratchet and arcee for the interested.