Movie (1986) Draft Script revealed to the fandom...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Movie (1986) Draft Script revealed to the fandom...

Post by Blackjack »

...by a group of fans based in Disciples of Boltax who bought it off Ron Friedman. It could be downloadedhere in pdf form, or here if you don't fancy downloading the file, although some pages are repeated.

Bunch of interesting stuff that we haven't seen in other early drafts, including an unused sub-group of Anibots, the Decepticons being based on a dead moon instead of Cybertron, more roles for the Season one and two Autobots (Powerglide, Bluestreak, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Warpath et al), Bluestreak killing Thundercracker, Astrotrain dogfighting with the Dinobot shuttle in space, the brutal deaths of Gears and Windcharger during Galvatron's attack on Autobot City, a sub-plot on Earth with Blaster, Scourge, Sunstreaker and Wheeljack, where 'Life Spark' came from, references to Sparks as souls (kind of like Beast Wars)...

Worth a read!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Ohhh, will have to have a read when I get the time. So this would be the script Furman was given for Target: 2006 then?

EDIT: Glanced through the first few pages, the dialogue certainly got a polish before the end. Odd there's no mention of the exact date thus far, only that it's a minimum of five years after season 1 (depending on when this Autobot/Human alliance is supposed to have started).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Think so.

From what I've read (the 'net crashed before it downloaded the full file) the life sparks bit are in there, and continually referred to as such. Though it functioned more like the sparks as we know it in BW, floating around as Megatron's spirits...

Bluestreak totally cut Thundercracker into two with a laser knife! That's so freaking cool to me for some reason.

Damn, it's a good thing they gave Blaster's dialogue some polishing before the final cut.

Bits I noticed as well:
-The Anibots seem to be the basis for the Predacons if their altmodes are anything to go by.
-The deaths of the four Autobots are more graphic than what is filmed -- Brawn gets cut into two, Prowl gets melted down, and the Onebox Twins got fused together before being blown up (that last two we've seen before, I think).
-Dirge has succeeded Starscream as second in command of the Decepticon forces during the Battle of Autobot City.
-No mention of Spike, but Daniel is around for some reason. With a freakishly overpowered exosuits.
-No Matrix so far in the story, so the story doesn't flow as well.
-That deathbed scene is quoted in Five Faces of Darkness, hey! So we know where it came from...
Denyer

Early draft script for Transformers: The Movie scanned by Jim Sorenson

Post by Denyer »

http://boltax.blogspot.com/2010/12/heri ... movie.html

"Last month, a group of dedicated fans pooled their resources to attempt to purchase a piece of Transformers history; scripts and other documents from Transformers movie writer Ron Friedman. Many scripts were won by our coalition, but perhaps the most anticipated among the many documents we purchased was an early draft of The Transformers: The Movie, dated 4/27/1985."

Buy, share, auction again for charity. A winning combination. :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote: A winning combination. :up:
As is the search button. BURNED!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Do we consider interviews about purely historical stuff (i.e. not plugging a new product) news?
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Well, if an old Shakespeare manuscript was bought at auction and shared with the world, it would make the papers. As g1 was the BEST CART00N EVAR, the same logic applies.
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'd say newly rediscovered bit and pieces from old stuff qualifies as news, yeah.

Who's going to club* together to buy the Don Glutt script archive?

I totally forgot I was planning to read this. But Martha Jones is pissing me off to much.

SPOILER! (select to read)
*Will Cliffy be able to resist the obvious joke?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Martha Jones is so so so bland and forgettable, I can't see how anyone could find her particularly annoying.
I like bears.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote: -The deaths of the four Autobots are more graphic than what is filmed -- Brawn gets cut into two, Prowl gets melted down, and the Onebox Twins got fused together before being blown up (that last two we've seen before, I think).

Wasn't all of that revealed a long time ago? Certainly could have put those "Brawn lives" arguments to death.
SPOILER! (select to read)
He lived.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeahhh... this sounds really familiar.

Keep in mind, this is coming from me though.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sades wrote:Yeahhh... this sounds really familiar.
It has a lot of the parts that were in the originally released script that has been around for years.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/transformers.html

Still, some neat new things like the onscreen death for Thundercracker.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."