Updated images of Music Label Soundwave MP3 player

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Updated images of Music Label Soundwave MP3 player

Post by zigzagger »

Fan to fan has released updated images of Music Label Soundwave MP3 player (among other Transformers Music Label items). Images brought to you by the folks at tfw2005

mirrored for your dirty fangirl and boy pleasures (Soundwave images only)
ImageImage

Overall, I like the final product. It fits in perfectly (or would have) with the "Classics" line, it being an updated version to a "classic" character, and all.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Good stuff. Yeah, it'd make a nice Classics release sans electronics.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

What's the price?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Yup. Gotta get me one of those....... Which is a pity, because I love my current mp3 player.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Denyer
Good stuff. Yeah, it'd make a nice Classics release sans electronics.

Yeah, only judging from the size of an SD card, it's really tiny.
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

Let's see the new iPod do THAT, Steve Jobs!
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Yeah, only judging from the size of an SD card, it's really tiny.

I dunno... my guess is he's about a head shorter than the orginal Soundwave toy and a bit more than 3/4 the size in alt mode...

;)
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Actually, looking at the picture, I think it is 3/4 the size of the original. Are these out now?

EDIT: A little research later, it looks like they're out in July. For a large amount of money. And as much as I want one, I do have a few questions. What kind of batteries does it take? And for the kind of money they want, are there built-in speakers in addition to the headphone jack?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

numbat

Post by numbat »

I have got the destinct impression that this guy is a very basic MP3 player, and that you're paying for the TF novelty sans extras, to be honest.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Now that is sweet, and I cant wait to get my hands on one. Thats looks amazing. It really dont matter if it is a basic mp3 or not, it is a worthy buy. I dont care about having 30 to 80 gigs of memory, cuz I know honestly I dont have that much music or video to put on a mp3 player, but this is worth buying and I cant wait for it to come out.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

What I have now is a very basic mp3 player. 128 megs of memory, no chip slot, no video, nothing. It's not old, but it was cheap. Batman MP3 player. It can record, though I've never gotten it to work right(or really tried, to be honest). But then, I don't have a huge library of music to put onto it. And if I want videos, I use my PSP or Palm TX.

The advantage to Soundwave would be more music, or copying more Big Finish Doctor Who stuff onto it.

I'd still like to know what he takes for batteries........

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Purely a guess, but regular AAA (or even AA) seems likely (or whatever you call them in the US... I know they have a different name in France...) It's big enough to do that with.

This thing's purely slot based and a novelty player AFAIK. Functional, but don't expect extra stuff packed in.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Heinrad
And for the kind of money they want, are there built-in speakers in addition to the headphone jack?

Erm, hello? They're Takara, the greatest Transformer makers ever. They'll churn out whatever corner-cutting crap they want, and mortals like us should be grateful for the excuse to give them money. It's a Japanese exclusive. It doesn't need to actually be worth its' raw materials as well...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

On the up side, that hopefully means they won't throw in the Frenzy/Rumble headphones........ -shudder-

Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Heinrad
On the up side, that hopefully means they won't throw in the Frenzy/Rumble headphones........ -shudder-

I hope they do!

Or are you saying you're not willing to give your money to Takara, even if it means looking like an idiot?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Oh, I've looked like an idiot for other things, and while I think they're a neat concept, they're also, unfortunately, hideously ugly.

Besides, I've got good quality earphones, so aside from using them for target practice, what good would Decepticon headphones do me?

Gremlin
Protoform

Sound Wave Mp3

Post by Gremlin »

:) I do like it very much,proves that transformers way back when was
ahead of it's time.